Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    i just run this build today with other frost DK, +11 BRH i belive, and he destroyed my AoE DPS. but he was runing with a scythe. Without legendary helm, for M+ i think freezing fog is OK but frozen pulse + frostscythe will do better, i guess... my dps was better for boss fights tho but still i have the lego'ring

Quote Originally Posted by Muzgu View Post
    i just run this build today with other frost DK, +11 BRH i belive, and he destroyed my AoE DPS. but he was runing with a scythe. Without legendary helm, for M+ i think freezing fog is OK but frozen pulse + frostscythe will do better, i guess... my dps was better for boss fights tho but still i have the lego'ring
    This is definitely not a consistent AOE spec. Breath of Sindragosa has a really hard fall in power when you're hitting over 3 targets. This spec is more meant for raid bosses, I still use it on higher Tyrranical keystones, but often I go back to playing FSC+GA just for the consistent AOE in M+.

Deleted
    What's the ideal uptime for someone who only has the ring?

No such thing as '"ideal uptime". Drawing out breath for as long as you can doesn not mean you are doing the most damage you could be doing. But if you're looking for a concrete number just go by what I mention in the video. Depends on how many HRW stacks you use and how lucky you get with ME procs.

Ideal uptime I've read from all sources so far is 20-30 sec. After that it's just a bonus, be it ring or not. Doesn't matter if you feel you could've kept a longer uptime with BoS because you have 2 HRW.

Deleted
    I'm getting anywhere between 50-60 seconds using both HRW's.
    Last edited by mmoc9bef67a441; 2017-02-13 at 06:39 PM.

for all of you who still think you have to keep BoS for certain lenght otherwise you suck - must read this:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...VU_66XXQ/edit#

TL;DR

Understanding Breath of Sindragosa

"Where does Breath of Sindragosa fit into all of this?
    Put simply, while Breath is active, the rate at which players are able to convert Runic Power to damage is far more efficient than it is with Frost Strike. The fact that you do not need to devote global cooldowns to Breath ticks beyond the initial activation also means that Breath of Sindragosa’s damage is additive upon the total damage you deal per GCD, as opposed to Frost Strike which requires an individual GCD per cast."
    Last edited by Muzgu; 2017-02-13 at 10:57 PM.

I got a 895 shadow blast radius relic , should I replace the 905 shadow cold as ice with it?
    Last edited by onedamgood; 2017-02-23 at 01:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishcraft0 View Post

Even with mistakes made..
    Do you have a link to the WA to track BoS uptime and dmg? Ty in advance

Quote Originally Posted by onedamgood View Post
    I got a 895 shadow blast radius relic , should I replace the 905 shadow cold as ice with it?
    I would sim it, Cold as ice is a decent trait, but 10 ilvl difference is not that big of a deal.

Hey guys, just got a few question about breath that have become apparent to me while practising frost in my spare time.

1.During BoS and ERW, it is worth to use Rime proc in between obliterate spam? (with 4 set) Or is it better to ignore Rime procs during ERW in favour of obliterate.

2 Also, kind of relating to the question 1., during ERW, is it worth ignoring a rime proc in favour of spamming obliterate in order to maintain a 10 stack GS buff? Or is it better to let GS stacks fall in favour of using every rime proc, so procs are not wasted.

3. Relating to question 2., during BoS, but not with ERW active, is it worth spamming obliterate in an attempt to maintain 10 stacks of GS, or is it better to time Obliterates so that you do not overcap RP and also is it worth using a rime proc here instead of an obliterate? Basically, is BoS uptime more important than keeping up a 10 stack GS when you dont have ERW active.

4. Using the Seal of Necrofantasia and Convergence of Fates, I have 1 charge of ERW pretty much up for every BoS. I would like to know the optimal time to use the 2nd charge provided by the ring, e.g. is it best to use 2 charges of ERW on the first BOS on pull, possibly extending this to 80-100s breath or is it better to use 1 charge on your first breath and maybe use 2 charges on your final breath of the fight.

5. Finally, more of a gearing question, im mostly going by the icy veins guide, i have no idea how up to date this is, but they recommend crit@25%>haste@20%>crit. Is this a decent stat weight?

Thanks in advance if anyone's reading this, I appreciate its a lot of text.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Hey guys, just got a few question about breath that have become apparent to me while practising frost in my spare time.

1.During BoS and ERW, it is worth to use Rime proc in between obliterate spam? (with 4 set) Or is it better to ignore Rime procs during ERW in favour of obliterate.
    With 4-Set - Spam Rime whenever possible and BoS is not falling of (even with the RP from 4Set it may happen if you very low on RP - so here use Obliterate)

2 Also, kind of relating to the question 1., during ERW, is it worth ignoring a rime proc in favour of spamming obliterate in order to maintain a 10 stack GS buff? Or is it better to let GS stacks fall in favour of using every rime proc, so procs are not wasted.
    If you can extend GS with Obliterate then I'm skipping Rime. I've got a Weak Aura for GS and for RW-CD so I check if I can recast RW before GS falls off -
    sometime due to i.e. movement, mechanics etc. it is not possible and then I see that GS would fall of anyway - then I use Rime again (see 1.)

3. Relating to question 2., during BoS, but not with ERW active, is it worth spamming obliterate in an attempt to maintain 10 stacks of GS, or is it better to time Obliterates so that you do not overcap RP and also is it worth using a rime proc here instead of an obliterate? Basically, is BoS uptime more important than keeping up a 10 stack GS when you dont have ERW active.
    IMO without HRW it is nearly impossible to extend GS (but may happen with procs or the belt).
    You have to check GS-Buff-Time and RW-CD and then evaluate if you could recast RW before RW expires. Most of the time you will realize very soon after casting RW/GS that you can't extend GS.

4. Using the Seal of Necrofantasia and Convergence of Fates, I have 1 charge of ERW pretty much up for every BoS. I would like to know the optimal time to use the 2nd charge provided by the ring, e.g. is it best to use 2 charges of ERW on the first BOS on pull, possibly extending this to 80-100s breath or is it better to use 1 charge on your first breath and maybe use 2 charges on your final breath of the fight.
    Depends on the fight and on Bloodlust. Try not to use HRW when Bloodlust is up - use it during bloodlust only when no runes are up and BoS would fall off.

I would use the 2nd charge on the pull - you prePot and the Prelong-Pot is 60secs.
    I you use the 2nd charge midfight - time it with another Pot.

5. Finally, more of a gearing question, im mostly going by the icy veins guide, i have no idea how up to date this is, but they recommend crit@25%>haste@20%>crit. Is this a decent stat weight?

Thanks in advance if anyone's reading this, I appreciate its a lot of text.
    Best to sim it with your EQ.

Thanks for the reply.

got a question and don't know where else to put it
    have legendary ring + belt and just got CoF (damn thing took ages to drop ^^) and I'm wondering about what is the optimal way to use it? use both charges back to back on the start? tried that on a dummy and worked out well, my next breath lined up perfectly with the next charge, but I'm wondering if there might be some other way to use it better that I'm missing

or should I just drop the ring in the first place? also got helm and trinket for legendaries in addition to the ring and belt

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    got a question and don't know where else to put it
    have legendary ring + belt and just got CoF (damn thing took ages to drop ^^) and I'm wondering about what is the optimal way to use it? use both charges back to back on the start? tried that on a dummy and worked out well, my next breath lined up perfectly with the next charge, but I'm wondering if there might be some other way to use it better that I'm missing

or should I just drop the ring in the first place? also got helm and trinket for legendaries in addition to the ring and belt
    You're doing it right. If you use both stacks of HRW on the first BoS then for the 2nd one you will have 1 stack. It depends on the fights a little bit, but 90% of the time its good to go 2 1. And I would use the helm on any cleave fights, and the belt on more single target focused fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyper27 View Post
    You're doing it right. If you use both stacks of HRW on the first BoS then for the 2nd one you will have 1 stack. It depends on the fights a little bit, but 90% of the time its good to go 2 1. And I would use the helm on any cleave fights, and the belt on more single target focused fights.
    Which fights would you save the 2nd one? I'm assuming at least Elisande, Botanist, Spellblade, and Gul'dan? Maybe Tich depending on what the group is having you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Elerubard View Post
    Which fights would you save the 2nd one? I'm assuming at least Elisande, Botanist, Spellblade, and Gul'dan? Maybe Tich depending on what the group is having you do?
    TBH I use double HRW on opener BoS on every fight. Only hold 2nd HRW if your guild needs specific timers to push bosses. Like on Star Auger mythic, we needed to push fel phase quicker, so I double HRWd that phase. It really comes down to what your raid needs, but you should really just use both with your opener.

Hey,

I put a post on US dk forum regarding HB and fallen crusader.

Can someone else test this and confirm if it's a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by tweakoli View Post
    Hey,

I put a post on US dk forum regarding HB and fallen crusader.

Can someone else test this and confirm if it's a bug?
    I don't really read the blizz forums. What is the bug you found with HB and Fallen Crusader?