Recount question regarding pets.

If i enable pets to show on recount, it shows my pets individual DPS, however it doesn't subtract it from MY dps.

Does this mean that my pets dps + my DPS is the actual number i'm contributing?

Just did advisor vandros in the arcway and i totalled 352k DPS where-as my pet contributed 148k and hati 53k, does this mean overall i was doing 553K dps?

Deleted
    Well get Skada or Details its the best option

If you asked it to split the pets, it should be splitting the pets, yes. But who would do such a thing and why?

553k DPS doesn't sound too far-fetched on a short fight, so it's probably right. If you want to be sure, upload logs to warcraftlogs and then compare. Addons can fail and malfunction, but logs never lie.

No i don't think you understand.

Recount shows my DPS however it doesn't count Kill Command or Titans thunder, probably because that damage comes from my pet, which isn't listed on Recount unless i tick a box to show it, as soon as that's ticked, it's showing my pet and hati seperately as doing 148k and 53k dps respectively, basically hiding what i think is my overall DPS away from me, i remember recount used to track pet DPS for hunters specifically (not listing the DPS under the pet), but it doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    No i don't think you understand.

Recount shows my DPS however it doesn't count Kill Command or Titans thunder, probably because that damage comes from my pet, which isn't listed on Recount unless i tick a box to show it, as soon as that's ticked, it's showing my pet and hati seperately as doing 148k and 53k dps respectively, basically hiding what i think is my overall DPS away from me, i remember recount used to track pet DPS for hunters specifically (not listing the DPS under the pet), but it doesn't seem to be doing that anymore.
    I'm not experiencing the same thing. kill command is counted as pet damage so is rolled into the pet and hati's damage stats

Sounds like Recount is being a bit wonky. Try loading Skada and see what it does. (Skada is actually more resource friendly on your computer)

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I also advise you to install Skada aswell, the damage output is more detailed within the window instead of that chart pie that Recount shows. Skada is also easier to click through, I have used Recount since the beginning of time and switched over to Skada at the start of Legion. I am well pleased with Skada. (:

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you select the option in Recount to show pets, it shows pets separately from you, but their contribution to your overall dps is still included in your dps value. If you want to disable this behavior, there is another option you may (de)select in the options menu.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    If i enable pets to show on recount, it shows my pets individual DPS, however it doesn't subtract it from MY dps.

Does this mean that my pets dps + my DPS is the actual number i'm contributing?

Just did advisor vandros in the arcway and i totalled 352k DPS where-as my pet contributed 148k and hati 53k, does this mean overall i was doing 553K dps?

Stop using recount. It use to cause game issues for the user and people in the raid. It stop being a good add on in MoP. Stop being stubborn and use a different meter.