Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    help the OP...it not bashing people when you point out people giving "expert" advise when they themselves need help. There is a difference. Here is a player who under performs and complains about the difficulty of NORMAL NH. He blames others for his own failures without taking ownership of the fact that he is bad. Instead of giving advise to other players he needs to be seeking advise. Simple as that.
    Calm down over there, Rainman. Nighthold has only been out for one reset.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    help the OP...it not bashing people when you point out people giving "expert" advise when they themselves need help. There is a difference. Here is a player who under performs and complains about the difficulty of NORMAL NH. He blames others for his own failures without taking ownership of the fact that he is bad. Instead of giving advise to other players he needs to be seeking advise. Simple as that.
    No reason to have a vendetta against him. Give your advice and be respectful, take the high ground. Its more convincing to support your argument with stat weights than it is to put someone else down.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

My 2 set was a downgrade for affliction because all it does is give UA 10% damage and I lost 12% mastery or 12% damage on all my dots for the 2 set. It was a big upgrade for my destro set though even though I lost a few ilvls, and generally the 4 set is always worth a few "downgrades" to get. I have a 900 ilvl helm with a socket sitting in bags because I need my 880 helm for the 4 set lol. hopefully ill get gloves or chest soon

10+ Year Old Account
    sim it

/10chars
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    These bonuses got nothing on WoD bonuses. Those were huge. These are still nice and dropping 5 ilvls for them is acceptable, but i wouldn't go much further.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never blamed others for my own failures. I simply said I have been in some terrible pugs, and they do excist. All I said what that I played well myself. As you were not in any of the raids, you are just guessing and making judgemental assumptions becuase you think I sounded like someone who whine.

I don't like to "brag" about myself, but I raided end game, at highest difficulty from Vanilla up to WoD, always clearing the hardest content, from old Naxx to Mythic HFC. But in Legion I simply can't continue Mythic raiding cause of my job. I work 60 hours a week with a hectic schedule. I quit raiding cause I rather make 30 euros an hour than clear Mythic raids, that is the ONLY reason I'm not at my guilds level, with a few Mythic NH kills. It has nothing to do with poor skill. However I still play when i can. And I only played one character myself, a rogue for 12 years. I am a very good player, without sounding like a bragging douche. As someone who is used to Mythic raiding, Normal mode is VERY simple for me and I did not fail ANYTHING personally in those Nighthold Normal raids, I simply found bad groups.

I feel comfortable to give expert advices because I am quite experienced in this game and all aspects. I do reasearch and keep up to date with everything related to WoW.

I don't need any help. I don't need any advice. All your assumptions are based on nothing. So why you randomly flame me, I don't know.

I'd love if you answer my PMs so that I could talk to you, and leave it out of the forums but you continue to flame me, which is bad for my reputation. If you don't stop I will start reporting you to the forum moderators.
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2017-01-27 at 11:11 AM.

I think I downgraded 3 items to get the 4pc. 5 to 15 ilvl each. Seems a lot, but dh set is very nice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Are you here to bash people or help the OP?
    A highschool undergrad with an IQ of 80 shouldn't give advice about quantum physics.

Quote Originally Posted by fluttershypony View Post
    A highschool undergrad with an IQ of 80 shouldn't give advice about quantum physics.
    perfection.

As others have said, the set bonuses strength depend on the class and spec.

For my Havoc Demon Hunter, the bonuses are massive. I dropped from 880-890 on 4 pieces of gear with ideal stats to the normal set pieces. I lowered my overall item level 3-4 points and lost tons of crit in the process.
    I gained roughly 20k dps even with all the loss in stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitinariy View Post
    I think I downgraded 3 items to get the 4pc. 5 to 15 ilvl each. Seems a lot, but dh set is very nice.
    Havoc set bonus is equal to 11-13% dps increase

Quote Originally Posted by IDespicable View Post
    Emerald Nighthold
    cant you see it being green and all?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Depends on the bonus of course and the class/specc etc. I don't know Warrior in Legion.

Generally, the answer is Yes though, 2/4 sets are usually so good that they come before stats.

Never prioritize item level, it means absolutely nothing compared to the right stats.
    no, just no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IDespicable View Post
    Emerald Nighthold
    Oops. But I'm sure most people knew what I meant :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jarg View Post
    no, just no
    That's not very constructive. Why is it no, just no?

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Oops. But I'm sure most people knew what I meant :P

- - - Updated - - -

That's not very constructive. Why is it no, just no?
    Because it doesnt make any sense, the plain primary stats overweights the set bonuses, not even talking about the secondaries. You can't make a judgement if its better or not based on the provided information.