Rerolling to warrior, fury or arms for dps?

As the title says im rerolling to a warrior as my main and I was wondering what is currently better for dps, fury or arms?

I like both play styles and I actually prefer to play arms over fury (as crazy as that sounds) but I'd rather play what is currently performing better. In the nighthold it seems fury is the go to because of all the aoe but I figured I'd check and see what other warriors have to say

10+ Year Old Account
    They are even enough for you to choose from what I've heard.

Deleted
    I'd go for furms.

None of these responses have helped at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Raern View Post
    I can tell you that being an arms warrior in most of the fights in NH doesn't feel very rewarding.

I love the spec and the fact that you're buffing up your mortal strike to hit insanely hard but then again fury has a great playstyle as well, just doing aoe bursts and being able to effectively cleave which is something arms just doesn't have unless you completely fuck your rage generation by picking sweeping strikes which again doesn't feel as satisfying as fury does when your cleave range is pretty massive.

I have a hard time picking up fury personally because i feel like i'm just using a lot of spells doing very little damage but as arms i can really feel when i use mortal strike, seeing those big ass crits just makes my day.

Fury definitely takes the cake for NH but arms doesn't lack behind too much, both in fact have been used in the world first race and arms outperforming fury warriors on Gul'dan surprisingly.

I'd say you should go which ever playstyle tickles your fancy.

Deleted
    Fury is doing roughly slightly better in Nighthold

But Arms is more fun, that is subjective. But its a melee spec that feels unique, in a game where few specs feel unique

Quote Originally Posted by DicKappa View Post
    I can tell you that being an arms warrior in most of the fights in NH doesn't feel very rewarding.

I love the spec and the fact that you're buffing up your mortal strike to hit insanely hard but then again fury has a great playstyle as well, just doing aoe bursts and being able to effectively cleave which is something arms just doesn't have unless you completely fuck your rage generation by picking sweeping strikes which again doesn't feel as satisfying as fury does when your cleave range is pretty massive.

I have a hard time picking up fury personally because i feel like i'm just using a lot of spells doing very little damage but as arms i can really feel when i use mortal strike, seeing those big ass crits just makes my day.

Fury definitely takes the cake for NH but arms doesn't lack behind too much, both in fact have been used in the world first race and arms outperforming fury warriors on Gul'dan surprisingly.

I'd say you should go which ever playstyle tickles your fancy.
    Arms doesn't outperform Fury on Gul'dan though.

Proof:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=95

Exorsus World First Mythic Gul'Dan kill used 2 fury:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BTdavXUSc

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosblade View Post
    Arms doesn't outperform Fury on Gul'dan though.

Proof:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...y=4&dataset=95

Exorsus World First Mythic Gul'Dan kill used 2 fury:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5BTdavXUSc
    He's talking about the mythic kill of method vs exorsus where method's arms warrior is doing more dps than exorsus' fury. I know this might not be a good comparison, but the numbers show it.

Fury scales better with higher gear. It always has, and probably always will.
    Fury has less disparity in stat weights, making gearing up easier (fuuuck you crit strike).
    Arms can be a lot like outlaw rogues, where consistency is horrible. Arms could have a place in pure single target fights like Krosus or Augur, but fury is going to be more consistent week to week.
    Fury doesn't depend on legendary items to perform, although sephuz is op for anytime you can activate it consistently with interrupts or charges, even shockwave if you use it, which is every single fight except krosus and augur.
    Arms can be soooo.....slow....and....boring.....

Quote Originally Posted by Raern View Post
    Arms is clunky and not enjoyable without the Legendary gloves.

Fury doesnt care about Legendaries, there are 3 of them that increase DPS but they are irrelevant to smoothness/fun of the spec.

I also chose Fury over Arms cause Fury and Protection have the same gearing values pretty much, Haste> Mastery>= Versatility, while arms has Mastery over everything else.

Also, Fury has pretty much "better" aoe apart from 1 Bladestorm and doesnt really require a different talent set to "cleave better" as Arms does.

The "best spec" answer is that both are pretty much equal but Fury -is- better in Nighthold because there are so many cleave situations and it pulls ahead in most fights.
    Last edited by potis; 2017-02-19 at 03:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to further emphasize that while Arms can compete with Fury, it's much less reliable. Fury deals consistently great DPS, while Arms DPS on any given pull can be great, terrible, or somewhere in-between.

Quote Originally Posted by Llarold View Post
    I'd like to further emphasize that while Arms can compete with Fury, it's much less reliable. Fury deals consistently great DPS, while Arms DPS on any given pull can be great, terrible, or somewhere in-between.
    Draught of Souls kind of makes the gap quite a bit smaller between a good pull and a bad pull, of course you can get incredibly unlucky but it still doesn't mean that you'll be bottoming out the meters, I'll be a happy camper as long as they won't nerf the shit out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxmuscle View Post
    Fury scales better with higher gear. It always has, and probably always will.
    Fury has less disparity in stat weights, making gearing up easier (fuuuck you crit strike).
    Arms can be a lot like outlaw rogues, where consistency is horrible. Arms could have a place in pure single target fights like Krosus or Augur, but fury is going to be more consistent week to week.
    Fury doesn't depend on legendary items to perform, although sephuz is op for anytime you can activate it consistently with interrupts or charges, even shockwave if you use it, which is every single fight except krosus and augur.
    Arms can be soooo.....slow....and....boring.....
    Why would arms scale any worse than fury would? They basically get handed the same exact multipliers, basically why you're saying that fury scales well is because of mastery increasing their damage during enrage, arms gets almost the same thing with a longer duration but as a debuff.

Also arms and fury both share a legendary which is the biggest dps upgrade: ayala's.
    hands smooth out the rotation, as does the fury helm, sephuz is a bigger dps upgrade for fury if you get to proc it but that's not the case on most of the fights anyway.

You can try taking off your legendaries and it will definitely be a dps loss whichever way you look at it, not entirely sure about numbers but i can't imagine arms getting anymore dps out of the legendaries than fury does.
    Last edited by Tiltkappa; 2017-02-19 at 01:17 PM.

Spec fury because you can get the bis arms and fury legendaries as fury spec. Then just play whatever hand you're dealt, they're both enjoyable enough and somewhat similar.

Quote Originally Posted by feellucky View Post
    Spec fury because you can get the bis arms and fury legendaries as fury spec. Then just play whatever hand you're dealt, they're both enjoyable enough and somewhat similar.
    Never heard about Fury getting MS gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Never heard about Fury getting MS gloves.
    Currently the highest simming legendaries are ayala's & kil'jaeden's i'm pretty sure.

Fury is way more fun IMO. The spec currently relies on just going fast all the time with haste buffs everywhere. It can also be extremely satisfying on long execute phases. All in all, I love fury and think most other people would as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DicKappa View Post
    Currently the highest simming legendaries are ayala's & kil'jaeden's i'm pretty sure.
    Damn, I must be too out of touch now.

Quote Originally Posted by PacketJ View Post
    He's talking about the mythic kill of method vs exorsus where method's arms warrior is doing more dps than exorsus' fury. I know this might not be a good comparison, but the numbers show it.
    Yeah it's one guy playing in one of the best guilds in the world. That doesn't mean on average Fury doesn't do better, especially since most people aren't going to be reaching mythic gul'dan anytime soon. Fury just plays to the mechanics better in a general sense, especially the small eyes.