Deleted

(holy Priest) Looking for improvements

Hey all,

At the moment i feel like i am stuck in a rut in terms of healing, So i was wondering if i could get some advice on where i need to improve

Name is Ansonia links are below:

Armoury:

character/silvermoon/Ansonia/simple

Some Logs:
    reports/aL6m9Q14WGnMdj7B
    reports/fDkKmyaYWxTXVRJC

Thanks in advance for the help

Are you unhappy with something in particular? Logs are looking kinda okayish...

You don't have advanced logging active, so we can't say anything about mana management. You are still using Trail of Light, which gets less and less popular these days, but still got longer times without any castings in like every fight (e.g. >link< , 20 seconds without any cast).

Try spending more mana if available, Prayer of Healing is a nice way to throw it in the raid. Once you come to the point where mana gets short, switch to Enlightenment. It won't really help with HPS, but once you are bored in the raid, do damage to the boss. Avoid those 20 seconds of doing nothing.

I'll give you some advice to up your HPS more:

Make sure you have 20 charges of PoM out prepull / 30 if you have over 18% haste.
    Pre pot Potion of Prolonged power, always!
    Use Hymn earlier to spread PoMs / renews , and to get more Hymns in. (not always possible if guild has rotations etc, but try to push this in to get hymn earlier or late (so you can still cast early hymn)
    Make sure you use Holy Words within 6 sec of eachother for higher uptime of Divinity
    Holy word before hymn.
    More PoMs! always on CD! use addon to get this always on CD. track Pom timers, to not let them exipre during off stages of some fights. PoM is so important!
    Considering using Enlightment, instead of trail of light. this way you can cast more PoH (2-3 after each sancity)

Use DP whenever you are moving and take dmg. Use a healing pot
    Change neck enchant to priestess
    Get a 200 int gem
    Get a better trinket (stat trinket wins over yours, even a low ilvl one 840+)

Also , welcome to the how to priest discord channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    Are you unhappy with something in particular? Logs are looking kinda okayish...

You don't have advanced logging active, so we can't say anything about mana management. You are still using Trail of Light, which gets less and less popular these days, but still got longer times without any castings in like every fight (e.g. 20 seconds without any cast).

Try spending more mana if available, Prayer of Healing is a nice way to throw it in the raid. Once you come to the point where mana gets short, switch to Enlightenment. It won't really help with HPS, but once you are bored in the raid, do damage to the boss. Avoid those 20 seconds of doing nothing.
    Thank you for the advice
    I have switched to enlightenment now and got rid of my mana regen trinket as it won't be needed i didn't notice there was a big gap of me doing nothing, i will start practicing dealing damage in the parts of the fight were out restro druid can maintain everyone.

]I'll give you some advice to up your HPS more:

Quote Originally Posted by Lightshadow86 View Post
    Make sure you have 20 charges of PoM out prepull / 30 if you have over 18% haste.
    I do and try have atleast 20 charges up on the tanks however sometimes the stack on the offtank will run out before they tank damage, is it worth keeping the ten stack going or just recast it on the tank taking the damage?

Pre pot Potion of Prolonged power, always!
    i have always wondered about this, because at the start of the fight if i use one it kinda feels wasted due to the lack of healing i need to do cause of our druid. should i still use one and just deal damage to the boss at the start?

Use Hymn earlier to spread PoMs / renews , and to get more Hymns in. (not always possible if guild has rotations etc, but try to push this in to get hymn earlier or late (so you can still cast early hymn)
    Make sure you use Holy Words within 6 sec of eachother for higher uptime of Divinity
    Holy word before hymn.
    I will need to pratice at this also is it worth popping my trinket "Velen's Future Sight" before hymm? or save it for PoH?

More PoMs! always on CD! use addon to get this always on CD. track Pom timers, to not let them exipre during off stages of some fights. PoM is so important!
    Thank you i will get a weakauras set up for this as i sometimes forget to cast it.

Considering using Enlightment, instead of trail of light. this way you can cast more PoH (2-3 after each sancity)
    I have switched it out now and using enlightment which means i can change my trinket too

Use DP whenever you are moving and take dmg. Use a healing pot
    What is DP may i ask?

Change neck enchant to priestess
    Get a 200 int gem
    Thank you i will get this changed

Get a better trinket (stat trinket wins over yours, even a low ilvl one 840+)
    for now i have switch it out to Aluriel's Mirror for now until i get a stats stick

Thanks guys for the advice been a great help
    Last edited by mmoc8a3f703cdb; 2017-02-24 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vtorrano View Post
    What is DP may i ask?
    Desperate prayer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rici View Post
    Desperate prayer
    lol Well i look stupid :P could have worked that one out