Drop Rate for Personal Loot?

Anyone know what the % chance of getting loot is on any given boss kill with personal loot? What, if any, variables there are?

I've been raiding long enough to understand it can be feast or famine. I'm on a 3-week cold streak atm, but at least I had solid gear going into this streak. Maybe 26 heroic bosses + 14 bonus rolls without one upgrade. Yeah I got some AP, but I'm capped and never play my OS. Yeah I got a couple pieces that were upgrades for guild mates, so at least I was able to share. Team loot helps everyone on the team, right?

Just wondering, so I can put it in perspective, what my chances are on each of these rolls.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I would say 10-15% chance each boss with no bad luck protection on looting

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Yeah I got a couple pieces that were upgrades for guild mates, so at least I was able to share. Team loot helps everyone on the team, right?
    So you got loot, it's not the same drop rate than drop rate of items you can use. The chance (bonus rolls) looks to me like 10%, that means that after 7 bosses your chance of getting loot would be >50%, 52.17% to be precise, so statistically speaking you will get 1 loot per 7 bosses.

That's lower than I'd imagined, but sounds about right for what I've experienced. Compound the low drop rate with me being 900-equipped, and I should probably stop thinking it's bad luck to go multiple weeks with no upgrades. Let's say it's 15%, but only a 1-in-3 chance for any drop to be an upgrade (basically tier or trinkets for me at this point, with some of the trinkets being iffy). So maybe a 40% chance of one upgrade on a full clear. Not exact math, but ballpark.

All the more reason to focus on team results and not personal. Focusing on personal luck amidst all the RNG is just setting yourself up for frustration.

personal loots about 20+% otherwise it'd be terrible, 2 peices for a 10 man group, more on tier bosses

Quote Originally Posted by Nish197 View Post
    personal loots about 20+% otherwise it'd be terrible, 2 peices for a 10 man group, more on tier bosses
    Quote Originally Posted by cetraben View Post
    20% chance.

Remember it's not additive, it's just 20%. Sometimes you get more over the course of a run, sometimes you get less.
    Fair enough. Bump it to 20% and that's still only a 50-50 chance (for me) that I'll get something useful from a full clear. Maybe a bit of bad luck to go 3 weeks in a row with no luck, but not all that unusual. Better to focus on just enjoying the game, performing better, building better teamwork, and trusting the loot will manifest down the road.

Deleted
    I get on those 2-3 week loot draught from time to time. That feeling when everyone in the raid is slowly passing you by in ilevel....and you're stuck.

Seems to be about 15%, plus bad luck protection, so a bit more in practice. No guarantee that the items will be useful, of course. And if you've gotten a lot of titanforged stuff in the past, you're obviously less likely to get any upgrades again any time soon - if you're handing out loot to others, the problem seems to be that your gear is already too good, not that you're not getting good loot.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

From reddit:

PL gives 20% drop chance per person.
    Master loot gives 0.2 items PER NON SAVED PERSON
    so if 20 people go and kill heroic skorpyron and no one is saved it will drop exactly 4 pieces
    if 21 people go and kill skorpyron with no one saved it will drop 4 pieces and have a 20% chance to drop a 5th
    if 20 people go to kill skorpyron and 1 is saved it will drop 3 pieces and have an 80% chance to drop a fourth