Thread: Need advice

Question Need advice

Hi there,

Last week i got my 5th Legendary. Now i have.
    Frost:
    Helm
    Bracers
    Pants
    Belt

All:
    Prydaz

The question is, should i switch loot spezialization to Unholy and try to get some Unholy ones?
    Or stay frost untill the Necro Ring finaly pops up?

Thanks for your advice.

Greets
    Xcelsus

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcelsus View Post
    Hi there,

Last week i got my 5th Legendary. Now i have.
    Frost:
    Helm
    Bracers
    Pants
    Belt

All:
    Prydaz

The question is, should i switch loot spezialization to Unholy and try to get some Unholy ones?
    Or stay frost untill the Necro Ring finaly pops up?

Thanks for your advice.

Greets
    Xcelsus
    You have arguably THE best legendaries for Frost atm. The ring is excellent but not needed if you have the trinket...Convergence of Fate, the luck of some people! .

The Helm and Belt is best in slot for Nighthold...stay as frost...there is no way you can improve unholy's dps despite it's buffs. Frost DK's are the top spec with any combination of leggos you have.

You have belt and helm for huge throughput on short fights.

You have the belt to extend both BoS and Remorseless winter, which works even better with the helm.

Leave it as frost.

Exhaust all the possibilities.
    Your luck seems second to none.

My legendaries.

Unholy belt, sephuz, aggramar boots, Archerus Cape and the Consort's leggings. Count yourself really lucky!

Yeah i would not switch spec, only loot spezialisation in case that UH gets buffed and gets better than Frost.

Would you still recomend staying Frost loot spec?

Deleted
    For the moment, yes I would. There is NO reason for you to switch for now. Despite the unholy buffs, frost is still king unless some serious nerfs comes into play.

Well and thats why im asking nobody knows what may come xD

Even if you did want to go Unholy and you're working on getting your 6th legendary...you're better off rolling a new DK.

Your rate of legendary acquisition is going to take ages for 6th/7th/8th/etc..

I currently have the bracers and the ring. I also have convergence of fate, should i not use convergence while i have ring? and should i try to get helm and belt to use instead of bracers?

Actually that's not how Legendaries work anymore. While there used to be an exponential curve, the rate betweeb 2->3 is the same as 6->7. It's pretty flat these days with the first 2 being rather accelerated. You could argue that leveling a new dk might get you 2 UH legendaries faster, but after you factor in the time it takes to get to 110 and regear...not even.

OT: yes, swap your loot spec to UH. You're essentially capped on Frost, save the ring.

Deleted
    Everyone think Wrist > Ring when you got CoF, but from my experience, my loggs are better with the ring :/
    I don't have the Belt, but i feel it would be better.

Maybe, it's better because of my stats, better repartition, well it's what i feel. From WarcrafLogg, we have near the same amount of good ranking with all the Leggos, Helmet still the best ofc, follow by Ring/Belt/Wrist.

Morning,

After last night now im realy sure i can switch.
    Finaly got my 4pc together and a CoF, only 875 but well the Proc is the same across all dificulties.
    Now i only will have to Sim what Trinket to replace, having 2 ilvl 900 ones.
    What would you say:
    Hunger 900
    or
    Skorp 905(this one is probably the one ill replace with CoF)
    @Scyn i would say that the Ring is better on short fights, cause you can hold Breath longer and theres Probably no need to cast a second one.
    The belt otherwise gives Free Obliterates over the full Fight, therefor more Rime Procs and prolongs RW and BoS.

For mythic Raiding Probably Belt+Helmet> Ring+Helmet.

Deleted
    but well the Proc is the same across all dificulties.
    That's not what i've heard
    Any source? i would like to know more about this.

What would you say:
    Hunger 900
    or
    Keep Hunger, remove Skorpid:/ Check the NH trinket's thread for more information about it
    And go get a Momento / Horn

I run with the ring yesterday night, maybe i will go with Wrist next week. My stat are better overall with that ring that why i really feel better with it :/
    But for sure, if the fight is longer, the Ring loose it's power. (i think, for some fight i feel it would be better with Wrist)

Definitly on Elissandre at least, her mecanique make the ring total useless.

That's not what i've heard
    Any source? i would like to know more about this.
    Dont have just asked in the discorde ^^
    They say RPPM is the same only str changes.
    @Scyn if you want we can compare logs so see how both ways perform ^^

Im at 903 equiped and have allways my logs are ok i think purple parse and sometimes orange^^

Only 2 bosses with 4pc loged and none with CoF :-(

As fucking lucky as i am i still have not seen a horn or memento drop over 860 so :-(

Deleted
    Morning,

After last night now im realy sure i can switch.
    Finaly got my 4pc together and a CoF, only 875 but well the Proc is the same across all dificulties.
    Now i only will have to Sim what Trinket to replace, having 2 ilvl 900 ones.
    What would you say:
    Hunger 900
    or
    @Scyn i would say that the Ring is better on short fights, cause you can hold Breath longer and theres Probably no need to cast a second one.
    The belt otherwise gives Free Obliterates over the full Fight, therefor more Rime Procs and prolongs RW and BoS.

For mythic Raiding Probably Belt+Helmet> Ring+Helmet.
    Keep fate, keep hunger. When I was playing frost, hunger simmed only slightly below horn (which I have). If you want to do HUGE burst on short fights, say a mythic 10 or lower, with a really good group you want scorpid, hunger, bracers and helm for huge through put.

In fights around the 2 min mark in raids, the same setup is advised... Fights where you can get at least 2 good breaths, cof, hunger, belt and helm.

With good RNG you can extend breath, which is excellent on cleave, but the true power of frost comes from extending remorseless winter, good rime procs and having your average cast of howling blast hit for over 1.5 million, which some logs report.

Lastly knowing when to cast HRW, making sure both runes and runic power not overcapping is crucial, remember your traits also regen both RP and runes, this is the RNG factor involved when on certain fights cleave comes a bit later in the encounter, chromatic anomaly for example.

@Drudgery
    Yeah im at 1.0-1.2M Average dmg per Cast.

Im allways getting better to Know when to Pop what ability, well need to rething a bit now cause i will not need to delay BoS to get HRW und Breath together.

Im only Raiding Heroic and Mythic so Fights unter 2 Min are not the case.
    For M+ i probably will try the Bracers, Helmet combination but still use CoF to be able to use Breath in every Boss.

I Think Belt is realy nice cause with it i have allmost 0 downtime. no Waiting just spamming my Abilitys.
    But yeah, im gona start to grab some UH gear always wanted to Try that out.

Can someone give me some advice? perhaps ingame?
    Btag: Xcelcia#2493

Greetz
    Xcelsus

Deleted
    @Drudgery
    Yeah im at 1.0-1.2M Average dmg per Cast.

Im allways getting better to Know when to Pop what ability, well need to rething a bit now cause i will not need to delay BoS to get HRW und Breath together.

Im only Raiding Heroic and Mythic so Fights unter 2 Min are not the case.
    For M+ i probably will try the Bracers, Helmet combination but still use CoF to be able to use Breath in every Boss.

I Think Belt is realy nice cause with it i have allmost 0 downtime. no Waiting just spamming my Abilitys.
    But yeah, im gona start to grab some UH gear always wanted to Try that out.

Can someone give me some advice? perhaps ingame?
    Btag: Xcelcia#2493

Greetz
    Xcelsus
    You have BoS up with HrW for every boss on MM+ unless really low lvl. But in that case, it dosen't mater.
    What CoF can bring in MM+ it's a Trash burst time to time. If you know your run, you can use your BoS when up and still get it for a boss. It work for me. Is it better than a Helm+Wrist? i'm not sure. I don't run my Wrist recently but i would try again.

I just can't really play with Skittish, or i need to find a tank that can handle a 2mio burst dps ST :/

Well i dont know but on 12-15 sometimes it happens that HRW is not ready ^^

Na i dont play bracers and helm almost only belt helmet cause i like the procs and having 2 pc means more rimes.

- - - Updated - - -

Back to scratch talked in the DK Discord with some friends the ones say stay Frost for ring the other say go UH. Damn i dont know what to do :-(

Deleted
    Na i dont play bracers and helm almost only belt helmet cause i like the procs and having 2 pc means more rimes.
    Yeah but i don't have that belt, if i had, i would love using it everywhere