Unhappy Removal of Warforged+ (Please!)

My opinion is: Warforged and Titanforged items are the exact opposite of encouraging players to complete harder content.

Example :
    Me: "Hey , want to get your 15 in for the week?"
    Them: "Nah man, no point."
    Me: "What do you mean? You guarantee yourself a 900 ivl item! Seems worth it!"
    Them: "Not really worth the hassle when I can farm 6-9 and and just get warforged / titanforged and I never get what I need from the chest in the first place"

I want to steer clear of Mythic+'s as this is only one example on how warforged items kill the will to push harder content.

I am in a guild that is currently 8/10 Heroic Nighthold. We enjoy the content but sadly are not rewarded or taking ilvl downgrades just to put on the tier set. That should literally NEVER be the situation. I have a 905 cloak and have to wear an 875 for the bonus... OK SURE, the argument is that I get the bonus.. The downside is that this is supposed to be top level gear.. Top notch gear and it's simply not based on the fact that I can farm low level / non-challenging mythic +'s and get all the legendaries, warforged/titanforged Items I need without ever stepping into a raid.
    *Yes, I'm aware set bonuses are worth it - Missing the point*

About me: I have been an avid player of WoW since the beginning and simply taking out the will to compete is killing MY will to continue. I loved pushing to a new raid knowing that every item that dropped should/would be an upgrade! Knowing that clearing that content wasn't for just seeing the content.. Watching people leave LFR with a legendary item and 890+ items is just so degrading.

BEFORE YOU RAGE - I'm wondering if this seems to be the same with many others or is it just me?

Deleted
    [QUOTE Watching people leave LFR with a legendary item and 890+ items is just so degrading.[/QUOTE]

Would you still be upset if that person is you?

Imo warforged/titanforged system is something that keeps people motivated to run dungeons and do world quests. Some people do not have the time to do the raid content and they focus more on mythic+. Also, doing the world quests will get you exalted with all the Legion Factions, which is a good thing above all aspects.
    In raid, every item that you get is considered to be an improvement, but it depends on your ilvl and the raid difficulty. NH mythic has 905 ilvl cloak.

I would say that Legion is the most balanced patch that was released by Blizzard since the beginning of WoW.

Cheers!

This is more of a generality.. What proof do you have that Warforged / Titanforged encourages vs discourages? - You get lucky in a dungeon and get a 900 cloak.. Now WHY the hell would you go back? OH YEA>> AP GRIND.. there's the real incentive for running dungeons over and over.

Yeah, I hate the warforged system as well, mostly because I am _the_ unlucky man and I get a good warforged piece maybe once per expansion. If I could get good warforged item (high ilvl+socket ones) once per every 10-15 items I get, I would defend this system to my last blood drop.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Stilldirty View Post
    My opinion is: Warforged and Titanforged items are the exact opposite of encouraging players to complete harder content.

Example :
    Me: "Hey , want to get your 15 in for the week?"
    Them: "Nah man, no point."
    Me: "What do you mean? You guarantee yourself a 900 ivl item! Seems worth it!"
    Them: "Not really worth the hassle when I can farm 6-9 and and just get warforged / titanforged and I never get what I need from the chest in the first place"

I want to steer clear of Mythic+'s as this is only one example on how warforged items kill the will to push harder content.

I am in a guild that is currently 8/10 Heroic Nighthold. We enjoy the content but sadly are not rewarded or taking ilvl downgrades just to put on the tier set. That should literally NEVER be the situation. I have a 905 cloak and have to wear an 875 for the bonus... OK SURE, the argument is that I get the bonus.. The downside is that this is supposed to be top level gear.. Top notch gear and it's simply not based on the fact that I can farm low level / non-challenging mythic +'s and get all the legendaries, warforged/titanforged Items I need without ever stepping into a raid.
    *Yes, I'm aware set bonuses are worth it - Missing the point*

About me: I have been an avid player of WoW since the beginning and simply taking out the will to compete is killing MY will to continue. I loved pushing to a new raid knowing that every item that dropped should/would be an upgrade! Knowing that clearing that content wasn't for just seeing the content.. Watching people leave LFR with a legendary item and 890+ items is just so degrading.

BEFORE YOU RAGE - I'm wondering if this seems to be the same with many others or is it just me?
    If there would be no warforging I would not do LFR, world quests, heroics, mythics or normal raids. So a lot less to do for me each week. I like the current system.

You’re making a pretty big assumption that players wanting to run mythic +6-9 is somehow “bad” for the game and needs to be fixed.

We have some new guildies that couldn’t possibly run a +15, or even a +10. I run with them in lower level mythics, and I might get something out of it.

Removing any incentive for players who started early to interact with players who join now will ultimately kill the longevity of the game.

There is nothing stopping you from running a +15, why take something away for running lower level mythics with lower ilevel people?
    Last edited by taek; 2017-02-23 at 04:50 PM.

I honestly don't mind it, there is nothing forcing you to grind titanforged gear, just play the freaking game like you always have done.

is wf/tf stopping you making progress? no
    is wf/tf unbalanced? no
    is wf/tf helping keep content relevant? yes
    is wf/tf helping ppl reach ilvl plateaus quicker to start doing harder content? yes
    does it matter if your not full wf/tf? no

the game is fun to play when there are reasons to play it, without the wf/tf system it would be much easier to run out of upgrade options and so there is effectively less reasons to rerun content.

its quite simple if a dungeon drops a bis trinket for me, and there is only 1 ilvl variant of that item, once i get it there is no real point in me running that dungeon again for that same trinket. wf/tf means that sure i may get the base or wf version, but it could always come out just a little bit better, and so that dungeon stays worth running.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-23 at 04:54 PM.

As someone who gets cutting edge within the first 2 months of a tier I rather like being able to still get upgrades throughout the entire duration, thanks.

Deleted
    The WF/TF is great it keeps motivated to revisit content in case it proc. On the other hand I agree it should be capped better, so you could not get better item from LFR than HC raider and even Myth raider some times. Thats huge piece of ....

It should stay on +5/+10 for WF a TF shoud be only the best +15 proc. The possibility which have chance to proc LFR 910 item, which you doesn't have to put any effort/cooperation to obtain is demotivating.

Nah system is fine, just let it all out on forums we rarely see that.

I am in a guild that is currently 8/10 Heroic Nighthold.
    Well, that's your problem there. I've been pugging 10/10 hc Nighthold on two characters. How an earth is a guild still at 8/10 when we're often one shotting the whole raid in pugs now?

If you play with bad players it's hardly surprising that they don't want to push for harder content. By now it's so easy to overgear even +15 with nighthold hc gear that it's hardly more effort than a +9 except with bad mods and I have no trouble getting people to come to my keys.

I like warforged items. Gives me a happy surprise when it happens. What makes your opinion more worth than mine ?

It would significantly reduced the desire to run lower lever stuff: Normal raids, LFR, heroic and mythic dungeons, low mythic+ dungeons, world quests. This would probably end up being a bad thing in the long run. I do think there should be a better means at targeting stuff, perhaps allow you use a bonus roll at the end of a mythic+ dungeon. Blizz should also put a bit better itemization in raids. You can get a full outfit of you favorite two stats in dungeons with the best trinkets for many/most specs. Having to suffer through mediocre stats on half of your stuff because the only other option in that raid is even worse stats sucks.

Deleted
    I don't mind Warforged 1x. But Warforge 2x and TF+ is silly.

A normal raid item should never be able to be better than the Mythic equivalent.

This system absolutely has to be removed. I can't believe they've expanded it SO MUCH since it was introduced in Mists. It should of never gone past what it was in Mists if they were keeping it around, but again I'd argue the entire removal of it is better.