Thread: AP Calculator:

AP Calculator:

I was curious how long it would take to level up artifact weapons with the new 7.2 traits and multipliers, so I wrote a little calculator:

http://www.davewintermute.com/Misc/A...alculator.html

One thing that seems clear is that it's going to take a *very* long time to acquire the new Concordance of the Legionfall traits.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom2040 View Post
    I was curious how long it would take to level up artifact weapons with the new 7.2 traits and multipliers, so I wrote a little calculator:

http://www.davewintermute.com/Misc/A...alculator.html

One thing that seems clear is that it's going to take a *very* long time to acquire the new Concordance of the Legionfall traits.
    So pretty much the exact way they want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    So pretty much the exact way they want it.
    Yes, but even then, it's fairly extreme. Gathering a rather large of base AP each day, like 3000, will still only take you from level 51 to 59 after *six months*, and that's after reaching AK level 40. And there are 101 total possible levels.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, but even then, it's fairly extreme. Gathering a rather large of base AP each day, like 3000, will still only take you from level 51 to 59 after *six months*, and that's after reaching AK level 40. And there are 101 total possible levels.
    Makes me wonder if this expansion is meant to last till 2019 or something, by then everyone that still plays should have pretty much all wanted legendaries and high artifact levels, no way that 7.3 is the last raid tier.

Why do I think this? Why would they let us put AP into a weapon for over a year, only to replace it by something else.....
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-02-24 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Makes me wonder if this expansion is meant to last till 2019 or something, by then everyone that still plays should have pretty much all wanted legendaries and high artifact levels, no way that 7.3 is the last raid tier.

Why do I think this? Why would they let us put AP into a weapon for over a year, only to replace it by something else.....
    It's not impossible, and to some extent it falls in line with their stated intention to deliver expansions on a less-frequent schedule (or at least not to promise them on a too-short schedule).

That said, it feels unlikely that an expansion would be in play for 3+ years unless they *really* released a ton of mid-expansion content. Speaking to this particular point of artifacts, I doubt they'll keep the Artifact Knowledge multipliers and traits static for the entire remainder of the expansion, considering that the first iteration has only been in place for six months before extending it. And I think people would get pretty bored of secondary traits if they just left things as they are for 24 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

They don't want you to hit the AP cap.... It's not designed to be capped anymore. I don't understand why people don't get this.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    They don't want you to hit the AP cap.... It's not designed to be capped anymore. I don't understand why people don't get this.
    Of course it's meant to be pretty much endless, and they do so, so that eventually everyone will be maybe a few traits apart in their paragon proc instead of the whole 35vs54 power difference debate.

I just don't feel like Argus will be the last raid tier, 2019 is a bit over the top yes, but I can see another 7.4 raid for sure.

More artifact knowledge is highly possible, or just a general upgrade on the base values on activities over time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I get an error when I try to set the AK knowledge level to anything above 40, when the new values go up to level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    I get an error when I try to set the AK knowledge level to anything above 40, when the new values go up to level 50.
    Should be fixed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be fixed!
    Works great, nice job guy! /thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Works great, nice job guy! /thumbs up
    Thanks! /10char