Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I spent about 10-30k a week for 2 raids nights - its crippling.
    I do hope you at least raid hardcore mythic progression, because if not, why would you use for example expensive pots and augment runes that drive the consumable expense so high?

I mean people can augment and pot old war in lfr if they wish, but then they wouldn't treat it as "crippling" only a luxury they can easily afford, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    on my main i also have 100k+ resources.

on my alts however i have to actually go out of my way to farm resources to for example get the 2 legendary research done, because they are alts and i don't play them as much. this problem will only exacerbate itself once you get to 5+ order halls cause you have to start doing a hour or two of WQ on them every week to maintain resources.

and like i said, on my druid i HAVE to spam missions to get follower items. still no +resourse on combat ally on that one for months, while my warrior/hunter get 4 items a day guaranteed.
    First of all, there is a point where you don't need so many WQ on main (maxed AP on mainspec, stockpiled enough OR, outlevelled all the gear rewards etc.), so you just cut down on those while devoting that spare time to alts. Only chop the emissary cache for your legendary BLP.

Second, it's easier to rotate alts - stockpile 3 emissaries and do them quickly on 1 alt 1 day, next alt next day etc.

Another option is to always do "fast quests" on alts like the ones that require you to kill 1 mob, use group finder to chop those WQ even faster, always skip the super nuisance WQ like shitty respawn rate mobs (if you know these imps on top of the mountain in stormheim etc.)

Prio the OR reward quests and gear on fresh alts, don't bother with AP until they have max AK, you can get few early tokens from Suramar opener and emissary rewards that will put you at ~20 traits if you buy the AK20 book, but no point prioritizing AP rewards since you're earning them at about 1/3rd the rate at this stage, better get gear and OR.

Only prob with cherry picking quests are travel times, I usually do some house chores or check news while on the flight path so I don't sit and stare at the scenic route.

A supplement is to pick the order hall improvement to snatch 1 WQ for free every day, you can use it on OR quest. Can't remember which classes have it, but it's easily checkable on wowhead and it's about half of them. I know I have it on DH, Warrior and Paladin, can't remember the other 3 because I don't have these classes yet.

On Druid specifically, always keep Broll and always send him on missions - his passive adds up when you want to save resources. I don't like him as bodyguard anyway because he always fucked up my shadowmeld tricks. Rather use the Cenarius guy it's actually really good damage / healing for these wardens quests.

Don't send the raid / dungeon cache missions they cost fuckton of OR, unless it's an actively played alt that has good quality raid caches (not lfr or some shit).

Put bloodhunter shoulder enchant on as many characters as you can to get extra backup supply if you run out of resources. There is even a trick if you have any levelling alts you can enchant bloodhunter on a heirloom from a char that has rep then mail the heirloom to the alt, yes, the alt has to level with 1 shitty ilvl piece as the heirloom won't scale, but if it's a class that doesn't have too hard time levelling it's extra bloods for free.

If your alts happen to be profession-less, pick enchanting, free source of extra bloods from DE. I've heard skinning is another recommended profession for easy bloods, but since leathers aren't very profitable, I'd probably opt for herbalism instead. Takes some time to discover rank2 but it's again free stuff while you roam around doing WQ.

All these are pretty simple / common sense, not sure if there's any secret strategy anyway except "buy OR for bloods" and "stop farming OR on main do them on alt instead".

Appreciate the tips, thanks! (seriously, people love being secretive about such stuff a lot of times and I know they earn more gold and faster but still knowing something is better than nothing )

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Is your guild so flush with cash they let people keep the gold from the sales for themselves?

Our guild keeps that gold in-house for raiding supplies and whatever.
    My guild lets people keep BOEs but we don't get any supplies from the guild.

How I cover my consumables: farm herbs on some alts and put harvester enchant on those that don't craft with bloods (I don't personally buy OR for bloods). Make prolonged power with my alchemist. Ask my husband to craft me flasks cuz he has rank3 (I cba farming for my own discovery). Craft my own food, yea, fed Nomi mountains of fish from harvester shoulder enchants. Mill felworts I gathered on alts on my still lvl 100 scribe, ask a guildie to make a vantus rune (they don't charge me tips). Craft my own gems, main is a JC. Enchants and augment runes I have to buy, I didn't level my enchanter yet. But I don't augment unless close to kill and a hard boss.

Common knowledge at this point but i'll tell you how I make 30mil gold in 2 months, involves A LOT of work/flipping though.

download TSM+Other addons that support it(tradeskillmaster)

learn how groups function

learn what items are popular on your server, whether it's tradeskill stuff (even older expansion tradeskill stuff sells well, Pandaria stuff sells quite well for example because of mogs)

setup your undercuts/pricing properly

???

30 mil gold in 2 months on populated servers

- In all seriousness there, there is more to it than that, it's nothing you can't learn in a few days of watching tutorials though. One thing I will say is avoid the transmog market, don't believe all these tools that say "I've got millions of gold in liquid assets" it takes sooooooo long for them to sell mogs its not even worth it, unless its a very specific mog that is highly sought after like Cloudkeeper Legs etc.

Anyway, there you have it.. not hard, you can probably make 2000-3000g within 4-5 hours of making a new character if you're not a total spanner.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    Common knowledge at this point but i'll tell you how I make 30mil gold in 2 months, involves A LOT of work/flipping though.

download TSM+Other addons that support it(tradeskillmaster)

learn how groups function

learn what items are popular on your server, whether it's tradeskill stuff (even older expansion tradeskill stuff sells well, Pandaria stuff sells quite well for example because of mogs)

setup your undercuts/pricing properly

???

30 mil gold in 2 months on populated servers

- In all seriousness there, there is more to it than that, it's nothing you can't learn in a few days of watching tutorials though. One thing I will say is avoid the transmog market, don't believe all these tools that say "I've got millions of gold in liquid assets" it takes sooooooo long for them to sell mogs its not even worth it, unless its a very specific mog that is highly sought after like Cloudkeeper Legs etc.

Anyway, there you have it.. not hard, you can probably make 2000-3000g within 4-5 hours of making a new character if you're not a total spanner.
    Transmogs are great, if you got like 200 transmog items on the AH all the time. That is 200 items that are actually worth something, which takes ages to build up and a lot of farming. Feels amazing when you get to sell an item, but it is rare.

Materials and even flipping BoE Epics is the way to go for quick gold. Oh and of course enchants and other consumables.

Earning 30 mill from AH alone takes a ton of work though.

Also you can find a lot of TSM profiles for free, so to set up your first groups is pretty much just a copy/paste, then you are ready to earn gold. You won't learn how it works though, and that will bite you in the ass later, talking of personal experience..
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Transmogs are great, if you got like 200 transmog items on the AH all the time. That is 200 items that are actually worth something, which takes ages to build up and a lot of farming. Feels amazing when you get to sell an item, but it is rare.

Materials and even flipping BoE Epics is the way to go for quick gold. Oh and of course enchants and other consumables.

Earning 30 mill from AH alone takes a ton of work though.

Also you can find a lot of TSM profiles for free, so to set up your first groups is pretty much just a copy/paste, then you are ready to earn gold. You won't learn how it works though, and that will bite you in the ass later, talking of personal experience..

the problem with mogs is, they rarely sell, even with 200 on the AH only 10 at most have sold per day for me, it's just not worth it time wise/relisting due to undercuts. I only list transmogs now if they are REALLY rare ones that you pretty much never see.

the problem with mogs is, they rarely sell, even with 200 on the AH only 10 at most have sold per day for me, it's just not worth it time wise/relisting due to undercuts. I only list transmogs now if they are REALLY rare ones that you pretty much never see.
    Same, I built up a huge stockpile of transmog ranging from 300g and up for each piece. But just relisting it everyday took so much time. Sure I would go do something else while TSM did it for me, but it was still minutes I could spend searching through different tabs and see if there was something to grab.

It is a market that fits some.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Want a cookie?
    Do you have any left?
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Is your guild so flush with cash they let people keep the gold from the sales for themselves?

Our guild keeps that gold in-house for raiding supplies and whatever. Only time we split gold to the raid is when we do a carry.

I still can't believe people were paying us 200k gold for a heroic Xavious kill. lol
    Yeah. We just let whoever loots the Boe selk it. Even if its a potential upgrade for someone else. Boes are fair game.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

OP is definitely right that those follower gold things do add up over time

Though I find a bit more value in the 100 order resources one

With transmogs you have 2 ways, either spam them en masse, requires sitting at AH, using TSM, having patience and hoping that 1 sale among 1000 returns will cover all your deposits and come with profit on top... -or- spamming trade linking your rare mog, having even more patience and resistance to trolls and timewasters.

When it comes to how much patience you need to sell stuff it kinda goes like: current expansion mats and consumables > current expansion gear > old expansion mats > mounts and pets > transmogs > collector's stuff

If you don't have patience and have risk aversion stick to safe markets, on average you will earn less but you will earn it faster and more steadily, especially good if you have constant expenses and you don't want to freeze big amounts of your gold into rare commodities that might take ages to resell.

I once heard about a friend of a friend who wanted to spend all his gold (he had very little) and even borrow some to buy hatespark the tiny, for reselling, around the time the event ended. For a person with millions, it could have been a good time to grab a few. For a person broke as hell it was the worst idea ever, freezing all your gold and going into debt while it would take months for the price to rise and then also he'd have to find a buyer to actually get a profit. Don't do such things if you're broke, really.

There are stories of people who invested in stuff and lost, for example due to changes made to the game. But if they're millionaires they cover it from somewhere else as they have tons of various sales going around. For example people who invested in buying "lvl 25 gold perk guilds" in MOP only to see Blizzard remove guild levels & gold perk after and make the value of guilds drop dramatically. Or people who invested in rare, unobtainable recipes only to see Blizzard put some of these on a trainer or as a common drop again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I do hope you at least raid hardcore mythic progression, because if not, why would you use for example expensive pots and augment runes that drive the consumable expense so high?
    I use flask of the seventh demon and old war potions, my runes I get from LFR and only using them on something when we're fractionally short on dps.

Without going into too much detail, we're progress heroic nicely, but we have 3 of us doing above needed dps, majority of the team doing what they should be doing, but a handful doing sub par. I'm talking in the 200-230k ranges. Just enough of them to cause problems on some bosses. For example sat augus and elisandra normal took us waaay to many wipes and I can't tell you how many 3% or less wipes we had on each. So yes a few of us get the best we can to do as much as we can, even if its just a 100 dps incease.

Trust me, I'd rather run with just one flask on a progress boss and a wod flask on farm boss's and just prolonged all night instead of old war. But the thing is, I can pull the numbers using those (sufficiently for what we're doing anyways) but if everyone did that (which some are) we'd get no where.

I do have a 110 farm character which when I have the spare time I go out and collect the mats for old war (stupidly low amount for how much they sell), think is, usually when I have time to log in and play, its about 15 minutes before raid time. So I'm having to buy everything at raid prime time, for example last week, 3 flasks cost me just under 6k we're also on a low population server which doesnt help

And just to finish, no I'm not interested in leaving the guild, the people who are sub par are genuinely nice people trying their best. And I won't hold that against anyone. Majority of the time its a pleasant raiding atmosphere, theres no drama, no bitching, the higher ups such as myself, don't bat an eye lid to running heroics or normal mythics helping new people or alts. Hell, we even have a few mothers, fathers and kids all in the guild working togeather.

Anyways, the absolute best tip to earn gold, is simply not to spend it. Instead of buying potions/flasks - check prices on the materials, and find someone with rank 3. Instead of buying enchants, repeat as with potions. Don't spend your gold on stupid vanity items that are overpriced, see if you can go collect them your self, most of them are actually rather easy to get if you just do a quick google search.

Not saying you should go all bonkers about saving all the gold you earn, but it is the small things that add up over the months/years. Enchants/consumables being the biggest gold sink there is, especially if you raid. I always have enchanting on my main because of that, then when you get a replacement piece, you atleast get some gold back by DEing the old piece, and you can make enchants as cheap as they get.

Will def try it out, thank you

Made 1 million in my first 2 months in Legion now doing so much else at the same time Inflation just keeps going..This is using JC, LW and little bit of other professions. Anyway inflation...yup
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

well thats nice and all but i made 1.4m selling Salad.

azeroth obviously prefer the healthy choice.
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.