Help with Mythic Anomaly

We're currently stuck on this fight with most wipes happening around 30%. I believe we're doing the fight wrong. They're sending 3 Hunters, 2 Warlocks, 1 Demon Hunter, 1 Healer, and a Tank to deal with the 2nd add, and I think they should just be sending a Healer, a Tank, and a bursty dps, and have everyone else deal with the 1st add, and then pop PO at like 6 stacks, and then everyone else rush over to help finish off the second add, and then break PO at 2 stacks. Then after that break PO at like 2 to 3 stacks the remainder of the fight.
    Last edited by volkanik; 2017-09-09 at 07:58 PM.
    "I have friends, many friends. I have friends in China, India, Russia." "I will make deals, lots of deals. I'm good at making deals. Deals, deals, deals."

Deleted
    We're doing it 7-3-3-3, and only send a tank and a shammy healer (our enhance respecs) to the other add, entire raid is focusing the first one down, then we use roar and warlock portals to get tot he other one.Also make sure that all your ranged is between boss and the first add you will kill, to switch asap.

We do a 2-5-16 setup (Just to make it easy cause we have a lot of dps)

First add spawn, the raid splits 50/50 each set to each add. Right group goes to left when done, and everyone stacks tight, and heals to 10 stacks (You pretty much need SLT and Darkness for the 8-10 area.)
    Second add spawn, 1 tank, the resto shaman, the resto druid and 4 dps to the right add, the rest of the raid to the left, when the left add dies, move the boss and the left grp over to the right grp to finish it off (This means the raid is much more clumped up and easily healed)
    Third add spawn, same thing.
    Fourth add spawn, 1 tank, the resto shaman and a low dps with a short interrupt cd, eg warrior goes to the right add, to keep it interrupted, the rest of the raid goes left, kills the add, interrupts the boss and burns. If he casts the next PO you just heal through it with the healing cds that just came off from first adds. And kill the boss. Right grp just interrupting not killing their add.

- - - Updated - - -

We were wiping the exact same time till we switched to that strat, made healing a lot easier as everyone is much closer together,

You're getting to 10 stacks of PO in Mythic? Darkness is only a chance to avoid damage if it doesn't proc you take the full of it and SLT doesn't last two POs.

That phase is commonly where healers are a problem, so I'm taking a look at the log and yep... your healers are failing. There's a huge wave of unreasonable mass deaths when you go to the add spawn. Your healers just need to be able to heal the damage that comes through here. I took a quick look at your logs and it seems like your pally at least used his aura mastery, but I haven't investigated closely enough to check for the others. It's possible your other heals don't use their CDs at all or don't spread them out properly.

Also you have 4 people dying in power overwhelming as far as I can see. That needs to stop =)

7+ Year Old Account
    We do a "I put too much faith in our prot pala" strat, where he splits off by himself to one add while we take the boss to the other, kill it, then we move around accordingly. We do a 6-3-3-2-3-blahblahblah power overwhelming stacks. Your wipe 14 got to 9 stacks on the first power overwhelming, which is insane. Your healers popped Tranq, Rdruid Artifact, Revival, Ancestral Guidance, Spirit Link Totem, Healing Tide, Divine Hymn, Pala Aura, Pala Wings, DH darkness, and your spriest vampiric embrace. On the first power overwhelming. On the 2nd Power Overwhelming, your only CD used was your hpala's legendary trinket. You took 7.7m dtps, but only could put out 5.4m hps because your healers dropped literally everything the first power overwhelming. All of your healers were sub 50% mana by the halfway point of your wipe, there's no way they would have had enough mana for the last 30%. This looks to be an overall guild problem. DPS is low, the boss gets really harsh post-5m. Your healers need better coordination and awareness.

I recommend looking through logs and seeing what people are doing that is something you're interested in. Take the replay positioning, who is staying on the boss, which raid CDs are more frequently used in which phase, and things like that into account. Make sure your dps and healers are optimizing their talents and rotations, as well.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

8-10 stacks on the first PO is pretty standard.

Temporal Charge:
    The Tank far away from the boss picks up his instantly, and he does the first interrupt.
    The other tank should wait til the second power overwhelming starts
    But your tanks pick both up instantly
    Holding the charges deals increasing damage, let the charge lay on the ground, much less damage ;D

To the 3rd Add Phase
    - At your last try you kicked almost none Warp Nightwell, these should never go off from the big adds.
    - DON'T kill the 2nd add in the third add phase, let the tank, a healer (the shaman, he can kick too), one DPS (i would advise to sent the demon hunter, more kicks than others and takes less magic damage, easier to heal) to kick that add.
    - kill the first add, interrupt boss, kill small adds, kill boss

BL, why wait 10-15 seconds and not use it immediately at pull?

The left add in the third add phase often spawns much faster than the right one, kill the left one here and interrupt the right one until the boss died

I found this video earlier. This guy put up a pretty informative video, worth a look.

Last edited by AlphaOut; 2017-02-27 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    You're getting to 10 stacks of PO in Mythic? Darkness is only a chance to avoid damage if it doesn't proc you take the full of it and SLT doesn't last two POs.
    Easy to link two POs with gloves.