Returning player - need some info

Hi, i am returning to WoW (yet again). Looking to play Rogue as i have played Enh shaman and MM hunter for years. I like both Outlaw and the Bleed spec for Assassination. I mostly want to do Normal, some heroic raiding and casual PvP. Prob some mythic+ but all in all casual gameplay. Wil i notice ha huge difference in terms of damage(dps) on thoes two? Or can i just pick whatever i like as they preform around the same numbers in casual mode?

Sorry for my bad English

Everything performs around the same at casual mode.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

What race looks coolest as outlaw rogue? Orc female or Pandaren female? :-)

Troll. Always. Troll.
    -Voltaire
    winning

I have talked to a handfull of high end raiding guild rogues. They all are going assassin. They say stuff like "Both are good, but whenever you want to progress more, sin rogue just does it alot better and alot faster" Is this true? Is outlaw rogue not that good on like mythic and heroic raids (not that i am going to " or mythic + 10?

As i want to progress through the whole expansion, wil i be left behind by assassin?
    Last edited by Stened91; 2017-02-25 at 03:40 PM.

-Voltaire
    winning

If u care about progress/ performance, play poison Assa, if not, play whay you enjoy the most.

If you want to perform well in raids, you're probably going to do better as Assassination than Outlaw. Outlaw is not a bad starter though, and much easier to play in Mythic+.

Sub is for, uh... well, mainly for hipsters who want to play something that is more complicated than Assassination but does less damage.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

Play what you like the most.

Assa might perform a little bit better in st than sub, but sub is so versatile in every aspect of the game.
    You want to gank people? Sub
    You want to jump from where ever you want? Sub
    You want aoe burst without some lucky trait proc? Sub

Sub with MfD and the crit companion/crit legy shoulder just tears through quests mobs and the survival is just OP (40% base dodge and 3% hp every sec)

Sub can shine in every gamemode, while assa always will have the "just tunnel that" stigma.

And who ever calls sub for hipster now and plays assa, what did you play in the past? I am sure 90% played sub/combat and said mean things about assa.

I just picked up the class ( after having 110 monk and 110 lock ) and I'm still getting the feeling of the spec. Checked the websites displayed on this forum but let me know if I'm wrong:

1) Combat feels meaty, a lot of buttons and decent CDs to manage ( never AR and Artifact skill at the same time, right? =) ). A bit RNG, but a casual guy can roll with that

2) Subt, I wanna be hipster, but feels very odd. I"m still lvl 103, but it just feels like it's missing something. The fewest buttons from all 3 specs, Ambushes ( Nightstrike or w/e ) feels clipping through the 5 sec ShadowDance duration .. and I often end up in the questionable situation - Full CP, Shadow Dance will end in 1.5 sec. Do I Shadowstrike or Evi?

3) Assassination feels interesting ( especially when u get to understand how the bleed and the poison build differ ) and it has entire 2 builds! So far on this low lvl has highest sustained DPS and mashing 1CPs Evenoms during the Kingsbane feels like an interesting change to the status quo.

Tell me if all of these change at 110, because I really wanna be a hipster subt rogue, but it feels just so damn odd ... like the way Blackout combo builds clip before you get decent amount of haste

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Exactly. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Creativlol View Post
    And who ever calls sub for hipster now and plays assa, what did you play in the past? I am sure 90% played sub/combat and said mean things about assa.
    ???

I didn't say anything about the past or future. I'll probably play Sub at some point this expac if I need to. But right now, if you're playing Sub in Nighthold, it's either because you have good Legendaries for it and nothing good for Ass, or you're a hipster.
    Ankleshanker, 110 Rogue, Aerie Peak US

So if our guild is progressing through nighthold on normal, prob going to switch to heroic after a while.. i can roll with whatever? As i mainly wil only be raiding and some casual pvp.. not so much mythic+

Yes, that's correct. As long as you put the same effort into each spec, they will perform roughly the same in most circumstances. Emphasis on most and roughly.
    -Voltaire
    winning

The sub being hipster comments are spot on, its not negative, just kinda true. Sub has great versatility but most of us like the numbers. The same reason we played sub/combat in WoD. And if Sub turns out to be the biggest output in 7.2, we'll probably switch, and then all those Nighthold sub rogues can be truely hipster and say "we were sub before it was cool" :P

Hello all, I'm looking for something different to play other than my Lock. I've been looking at rogue for quite some time so I leveled one up to 100. My question to all of you is if I decide to spec Sub and spend artifiact power into that spec will I be disappointed?

I raid in a guild that does Normal/Heroic and I would also be interested in trying to do mythic+ up to 15. I'm not really super interested in Outlaw because I have no interest in a pirate-themed class.