I am curious of curent sub numbers

I am curious of curent sub number
    Nop, i dont play world of warcraft for 3 weeks now, i quit it
    Moxahaku if u read this, let it be known YOU WERE RIGHT LOL

Ok.

10chars
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

If I was to make up a number, I'd probably say 6-7 mil

7+ Year Old Account
    3-5 mil imo subs are on wod level already.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Didn't you get the memo? Wow is dead. There's five players left. Five. Because legendaries and Artifact Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikkof View Post
    If u really did unsub what's the point of posting on these forums. Move on and get a life dude. the sub numbers r irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    If u really did unsub what's the point of posting on these forums. Move on and get a life dude. the sub numbers r irrelevant.
    GLOAT, perhaps

GLOAT, perhaps
    Lmao

(Fill in for minimum characters b/c there is nothing worth saying)

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think about 6.5 mils. WoW actually can't reach stable 10mils however Blizz tries.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sub numbers became completely irrelevant with tokens, since players can (without even that much effort) play for free. Plus Blizz hasn't posted the sub numbers for years partially for that reason, so it's all conjecture anyway. And there are people that haven't cancelled their sub, or bought loads of time when tokens were cheap, but aren't actively playing anymore.

So what is relevant would be the active wow playerbase numbers, or quarterly revenue just from wow. Those we might be able to guess but Blizz doesn't share either, which makes it a fairly moot discussion. We do know Blizz overall is doing fine since they post overall revenue in the Activision-Blizzard quarterly reports.

As far as the active playerbase, if you've played for a while it's generally easy enough to roughly gauge in-game especially if you play on multiple realms. A quick lap in a capital city on a busy time like Tuesday or Sunday nights will tell you how active wow is. And generally you can also kind of gauge it based on the time curve that every expansion goes through. It's always a big jump at release, depending on the expansion quality it levels out after a few months, and then it starts to decline. About a year in most of the game feels a bit like a ghost town. And then as we creep towards the hype of the next expansion it ramps up. That's the deal every time, so it shouldn't be surprising at all to start to see some decline in the playerbase around now in Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Sub 5 Mill is my guess, but Blizzards idea on the new token that hit after the HUGE earnings release.. they are doing a damn good job not releasing sub numbers anymore (guessing to kill the mmo-c.com forum cry babies). Do I like the state of the game?! It's the best PVE has ever been since I started, a very long time ago.. for PVP.. it's probably the middle of the pack/maybe on the low side. This is my opinion-which is usually shit so

All the news about how wow is dead is fake. Its fake news. Fake.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

we dont have to guess to hard

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1

wow seems to have a stable sub base of 2-3 mln players who will play it regardless of what happens in game.

expansion is still pretty fresh so subs are around 3 mln by the end they may drop below 2 mln like in wod but i doubt they will drop much further

at this point if i had to guess they have very stable 1-2 mln players who invested ismply to much into wow to play other games or leave game after 12 years of time and emotional investment - i mean people for whom wow became geniuine part of their life after playing it for so long.

+ aditional 1-2 mln who sub and unsub periodicaly not just during launch.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    we dont have to guess to hard

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/weekly...hp?serverid=-1

wow seems to have a stable sub base of 2-3 mln players who will play it regardless of what happens in game.

expansion is still pretty fresh so subs are around 3 mln by the end they may drop below 2 mln like in wod but i doubt they will drop much further

at this point if i had to guess they have very stable 1-2 mln players who invested ismply to much into wow to play other games or leave game after 12 years of time and emotional investment - i mean people for whom wow became geniuine part of their life after playing it for so long.

+ aditional 1-2 mln who sub and unsub periodicaly not just during launch.
    Stop using warcraftrealms. That data is collected by a few hundred people with the wowcensus addon, it's not an accurate projection by any means. It will ALWAYS be too low. We know that for years now. Stop it.

Deleted
    I can factually tell you there are at least 8 subscribers.

it really doesn't matter.

you have to ask yourself,

is the game fun and worth the subscription?
    is there enough ppl to form a guild and progress?

if the answer is yes to either of those, play the game, if the answer is no then don't. 'problem' solved.

there are only ever 10's of thousands per server or less, having millions of subscribers is arbitrary when you won't meet a fraction of them even if you have a character per server per region, you can still go a long time without meeting a significant portion of the whole population.
    Last edited by Heathy; 2017-02-25 at 11:36 PM.

this forum at it's finest.
    players bitchin
    former players bitchin
    everyone bitchin
    "Ahhh ahhhhh, ahhh, yeah, ahhhh, YEAH, YEAH, RIGHT THERE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhh" Jenna Jameson

Ion was right, the game has cycles, more people join up for the expansion, play for a while, unsub. They have a core year round sub base, and it spikes with patches. They make profit, so they're fine with it. As long as the game is profiting they can go on like this for years. Even at 5 million, that's an incredibly respectful number for an MMO over time.

People just have to accept that the 10-12 million from Wrath was a one time thing, that will never return.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one knows. Blizzard doesn't release those numbers anymore. There is little point to sub number threads