Deleted

Affliction - 4p vs Mastery advice

Hi warlocks,

I (very) recently looted some T19 which bring me to 4p bonus (Head - Chest - Gloves - Legs).
    However, replacing my current gear with them seems to make me lose a quite large amount of stats. I wanted to have your opinion : should I sacrifice those stats for the Affliction bonuses or is the loss too heavy to bother ?

Current gear -> 890i (42484 Intell) - 16% crit / 17% haste / 119% mastery - No T19 bonus
    With T19 -> 887i (41736 Intell) - 18% crit / 18% haste / 108% mastery - T19 4p

Thank you very much for your advice,

PS : I'm a (really) casual player : LFR and some rare appearences in NM/HM some friends' guild. So I don't have much opportunities to target specific pieces of gear, it's more of a "I take what comes up", which explains the fact that I have ~900 pieces but my T19 are low ilvl (LFR for 3, HM for 1).

Hey Phoenix, my advice is that you keep 4set. 4set gives you a lot of additional soul shards over the course of every fight, which results in more unstable afflictions overal, which is usually around 40-50% of our damage deals, so it is well worth dropping a bit of mastery to get that 4p.

Theres something I dont understand by reading the forums, Affliction warlocks cast 2 or up to 3 unstable affliction back to back?
    What is the logic behind this?

10+ Year Old Account
    The spell now can have up to 5 iterations of itself applied to the target at once.

To OP: The 4 pc. will be the best bet forget the stats when you have the set pcs

7+ Year Old Account
    if you use the grasp talent the number 3 in first tier its more effektive to cast 1-2 unstables to get the maximum bonus dmg outm of the talent

Deleted
    The two and four sets bonuses trump stats - in every single case. Even if you are unlucky and get the tier pieces with the shit stats they are better because th ebonus is so powerful

We cast unstable affliction back to back because each one runs as a separate DOT. We use two combined with Reap Soul and Malefic Grasp as that is th emost efficient use.

AFAIK if you do not use Malefic Grasp you just use UA either when you are capping or when you can use Reap.

Deleted
    Thanks all !

Will stick with the 4p

Quote Originally Posted by Tietoso View Post
    Theres something I dont understand by reading the forums, Affliction warlocks cast 2 or up to 3 unstable affliction back to back?
    What is the logic behind this?
    Each Unstable Affliction is Independent of eachother, just the same as spamming fireball on a mage but UA is our Power Dot.