10+ Year Old Account

[Balance] 7.2 Bugs and fixes

Just a couple of things you might notice with some of the odd changes in 7.2.

1. IFE sometimes does not reduce the cooldown of Incarnation. Fix: unequip and re-equip IFE.
    2. Lag tolerance may have been set to max (400ms) and therefore you may have difficulty casting/interrupting spells. Fix: reset your lag tolerance through AdvancedInterfaceOptions. This is mostly relevant for ED users.

I'll add more to the list if any other issues present themselves.

Hey,

I wonder if I am the only one with this issue, it is very annoying I am going to try to be specific to see if some people might experience the same problem.

Prerequisite:
    - Item: The Emerald Dreamcatcher Legendary
    - Talent: Starsurge, Blessing of the Ancient (Use Blessing of Elune while testing)
    - Haste: At least 16.7% of haste on your equipement (20% is better)

Go to100 Astral power then use this cycle (I am going to put your Astral power in parenthesis for comprehensive purpose and the number of stack of Emerald Dreamcatcher):
    Starsurge (60) (1 Stack) -> Lunar Strike (75) (1 Stack) -> Starsurge (42) (2 Stack)-> Lunar Strike (57) (2 Stack) -> Starsurge (31) (2 Stack) -> Lunar Strike (46) (2 Stack) -> Starsurge (20) (2 Stack) -> Lunar Strike (35) (2 Stack) -> Starsurge

And here is the problem, on the last Starsurge you should be able to launch it but your can't even if you have enough Astral power after your Lunar Strike.

I tried to change the /console SpellQueueWindow X to try to find something working but even with 0 it doesn't.

This was properly working before this patch like I could launch a Starsurge after a Lunar Strike who get me over Astral power I Need to launch my Starsurge.

It is very annoying, since technically there is no reason it should not work !

Does somebody have the same issue when trying ?

PS: If I am not clear enough tell me I will try to explain better.

LatC also stops working after changing zone/entering instance. Have to re-equip it to fix. Annoys me as hell since I use it when doing WQs as bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vagolol View Post
    Hey,

I wonder if I am the only one with this issue, it is very annoying I am going to try to be specific to see if some people might experience the same problem.

Prerequisite:
    - Item: The Emerald Dreamcatcher Legendary
    - Talent: Starsurge, Blessing of the Ancient (Use Blessing of Elune while testing)
    - Haste: At least 16.7% of haste on your equipement (20% is better)

Go to100 Astral power then use this cycle (I am going to put your Astral power in parenthesis for comprehensive purpose and the number of stack of Emerald Dreamcatcher):
    Starsurge (60) (1 Stack) -> Lunar Strike (75) (1 Stack) -> Starsurge (42) (2 Stack)-> Lunar Strike (57) (2 Stack) -> Starsurge (31) (2 Stack) -> Lunar Strike (46) (2 Stack) -> Starsurge (20) (2 Stack) -> Lunar Strike (35) (2 Stack) -> Starsurge

And here is the problem, on the last Starsurge you should be able to launch it but your can't even if you have enough Astral power after your Lunar Strike.

I tried to change the /console SpellQueueWindow X to try to find something working but even with 0 it doesn't.

This was properly working before this patch like I could launch a Starsurge after a Lunar Strike who get me over Astral power I Need to launch my Starsurge.

It is very annoying, since technically there is no reason it should not work !

Does somebody have the same issue when trying ?

PS: If I am not clear enough tell me I will try to explain better.
    From what I can tell, I believe this is intended behavior.. It happens to me when I get down to 8 AsP after weaving and if I were to cast 2xSW I would be at 28 AsP (enough to cast 1 SS), but I can't. This is because the spell queuing system prevents you from queuing a spell you don't have enough resources for; I would be at 18 AsP trying to queue a SS but since SS costs 26 AsP at 2 ED stacks, I don't have enough AsP to queue before the 2nd SW finishes.

Edit: This first started happening in 7.1.5 after the ED nerf, before that I could queue a spell like that with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Oster View Post
    From what I can tell, I believe this is intended behavior.. It happens to me when I get down to 8 AsP after weaving and if I were to cast 2xSW I would be at 28 AsP (enough to cast 1 SS), but I can't. This is because the spell queuing system prevents you from queuing a spell you don't have enough resources for; I would be at 18 AsP trying to queue a SS but since SS costs 26 AsP at 2 ED stacks, I don't have enough AsP to queue before the 2nd SW finishes.

Edit: This first started happening in 7.1.5 after the ED nerf, before that I could queue a spell like that with no problem.
    Yeah, but even if I remove the queue system to 0. It still doesn't work and should... Also I had 0 problem with that in 7.1.5.
    I don't really think it is intended because your legendary is kind of useless... And technically it should work so why the hell not

Yeah, but even if I remove the queue system to 0. It still doesn't work and should... Also I had 0 problem with that in 7.1.5.
    I don't really think it is intended because your legendary is kind of useless... And technically it should work so why the hell not
    It doesn't have anything to do with the latency option in Advanced Interface Options, its Blizzard's own spell queue code. You can't queue a spell you don't have resources to cast yet lol, its as simple as that. It doesn't make the legendary useless, it just means you get 1 less SS off /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    LatC also stops working after changing zone/entering instance. Have to re-equip it to fix. Annoys me as hell since I use it when doing WQs as bear.
    Do note that it got changed to not hit OOC mobs with the secondary MF.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Oh glorious. I went into Court of Stars my first time using LoTC with friends and accidentally caused two full group wipes at the start because it pulled packs we weren't intending to attack. I had to remove the legendary for the rest of the run.

Not that it has anything to do with gameplay, but the Transparency for forms seems to be fixed and now persists through form changes. I know some aren't a fan of the glowing blue moonkin, but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Argenon View Post
    Not that it has anything to do with gameplay, but the Transparency for forms seems to be fixed and now persists through form changes. I know some aren't a fan of the glowing blue moonkin, but I like it.
    It certainly beats the weird blue moonkin.

You can't queue the spell with less than the needed AsP (so the queue system settings are irrelevant). So your only option is to press starsurge in the miliseconds between the end of the Lunar Strike buff and the expiration of the ED buff. At 20% haste, that gap is ~80 miliseconds so it's highly unlikely that you manage to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Well, that explains it, although I'd prefer it not to hit CCed/neutral targets instead.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Well, that explains it, although I'd prefer it not to hit CCed/neutral targets instead.
    Not hitting neutral targets would be rather impractical if you have neutral targets you want to hit. It already ignores neutral targets that aren't in combat due to the changes.

So the new change makes the 2nd MF not hit a OOC mob regardless of it beying hostile or neutral?
    Because I saw this last night on trash pulls in Nighthold and seems like a stupid design.

If there are two mobs in, let's day, 5y of each other, one will get the initial MF and the 2nd will not. They will still both aggro you due to the close proximty of each other.

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Not necessarily. Especially neutral ones often won't.

Besides, having to cast twice then is still better than pulling random mobs in raids or M+.

Quote Originally Posted by Slippykins View Post
    Just a couple of things you might notice with some of the odd changes in 7.2.

1. IFE sometimes does not reduce the cooldown of Incarnation. Fix: unequip and re-equip IFE.
    2. Lag tolerance may have been set to max (400ms) and therefore you may have difficulty casting/interrupting spells. Fix: reset your lag tolerance through AdvancedInterfaceOptions. This is mostly relevant for ED users.

I'll add more to the list if any other issues present themselves.
    Is that why my casting feels so delayed, im having to wait awhile just to drop a second moonfire, even trying to cast a Full Moon spell it wasn't even registering.