Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    1. RNG needs to be mostly gone. I want to progress, not gamble.
    2. A bigger world with more wonder and exploration built in.
    3. More player choice, less pushing players to do content they don't enjoy.
    4. Make guilds and group play -- even groups of two or three-- important again.
    5. No garrison or hall or other faux housing. If you want housing, just do housing and stop trying to put your special spin on it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Upgradeable Gear, to Warforged/Titanforged:

The currency should be useable to upgrade your gear like before but not just 1/4 to 4/4 like the old valor system but literally allow you to turn a piece of gear "into" warforged/titanforged if you have enough resorces to do so.

Yet again this allows a sense of actual progression, that gives you a feeling your moving forwards all the time as opposed to stagnating and forced to farm literally -everything- in the game to get even 1 piece of gear.
    Simple solution (since I know they're not going to get rid of Titanforging even though it's awful): Merge the TF and Obliterum systems. Every piece of gear is upgradeable to max ilvl (although not easily or cheaply). But sometimes when it drops it's already partially or fully upgraded for you. You can still get lucky and (so Blizz claims) feel all excited and wonderful when the dice roll in your favor, but you no longer have to spend forever RNG fishing for good drops and have a deterministic method of turning your okay or crappy loot into actual good loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    No performance legendaries. Make them all utility. Or at the very least make them like the hellfire necklace. Give a random talent.
    Oooh, i like the Hellfire Amulet Idea. A crafted legendary that gives you a random extra talent. Nice amount of RNG, yet straightforward way of obtaining.

1. Equal footing for pvp, no more endless grind for rng gear and grind for AP in pvp. PVP should be about skill and not how much you grinded. Like in GW2. A compromise would be honor / conquest gear everyone can grind quickly, is the same for everyone and therefore provides equal footing (just like in the past). Honor talents should help classes that aren't from the start well designed for pvp environments (turret casters and slow melees suffer in comparison to mobile dotters or melees with tons of cc / gap closers).

2. No more showers of legendaries. Bring back 1 legendary you get from a long epic questline. Could be role, class or spec specific for flavour and class fantasy but no more tons of legendaries, it dilutes the meaning of legendary and makes it anything but cool. Oh, and ofc should be personal for you not "who clicks the ring for the whole group".

3. Fix the crafting professions for the love of Azeroth... Why do we have atm only 805 relics without chance to upgrade them from crafting? Crafting should make useful stuff either for fresh alts or for gearing up mains. Stupid RNG should go away too (Alchemy, gathering, Nomi cooking etc.), make everything tied to questlines or reps but not to months of RNG (I fed Nomi every day for at least half a year still missing a recipe).

4. If they really want to go forward with bodyguard system, balance it more and most importantly, allow people to customize their behaviour. Just check how SWTOR did it and improve on it. It's stupid classes that don't need tank bodyguards, get tanks (like druid) while classes that could use a tank (like mage) don't get one. Also from what I heard there are huge disparities in damage and usefulness of the bodyguards. Either scrap the whole system, or better, let people decide how their bodyguard should work (tank, healer, dps, random proc, on-use ability etc.) so they are always a help and never a hindrance (like randomly getting you stuck in combat). SWTOR was the only MMO I played where levelling a healer was pleasant due to bodyguard / companion system. WOW should learn from it, as it always suffers from healer shortage.

5. Stop gating story behind grinds. Grinding withered army scenario, Illidan's souls or marks of Sentinax just so I can see another chapter of the story doesn't add any depth to the story that follows, it's just artificially added so we can't progress faster. Some timegating is fine, but Legion is the master of excessive gating.

That's just top 5 pet peeves from the top of my head.

1. Better designed and detailed zones. Currently there is not a single outdoor zone I can call unique.

2. Encouraging rewards for world PvP including much higher honor rewards, plus capital raids.

3. Although i know it will never happen, remove the LFR. It is not an interesting way of either obtaining gear or seeing/beating the content and normal mode is nearly just as easy now. Being able to kill the last boss of a raid effortlessly really kills all the mystery about the raid. Alternatively, make LFR a limited thing for new players to practice, but only up to a certain boss.

4. Warforged/titanforgerd should be nerfed. An inferior difficulty raid/dungeon should not have a chance to do drop better quality than the superior difficulty one. (i.e you can have the best gear in mythics)

5. No more random legendaries. They should require both personal skill and determinance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    What would they be?

For me, its simple:

RNG Cancer has to end:
    The next expansion needs to reintroduce a badge of justice or equivilent form of resorce we can farm in dungeons/raids that we can actually get relevent and progressive gear from once again, I feel like Legion has become SO reliant on RNG its Over-reliant on it.

From the get go of the future expansion, it needs to be something that you can grind towards but 100% get something from, all the while the bonus rolls and RNG should still be in the game but as ADDITIONS to the grind, not the ONLY form or actual progression.

Also, using this same dungeon/raid currency leans into my next point:

Upgradeable Gear, to Warforged/Titanforged:

The currency should be useable to upgrade your gear like before but not just 1/4 to 4/4 like the old valor system but literally allow you to turn a piece of gear "into" warforged/titanforged if you have enough resorces to do so.

Yet again this allows a sense of actual progression, that gives you a feeling your moving forwards all the time as opposed to stagnating and forced to farm literally -everything- in the game to get even 1 piece of gear.

Legendaries should not be Candy Drops, Ever:

Legendary gear in the next expansion should simply not drop, period, there should only be materials needed to CRAFT legendary gear or MAKE it over many dungeon farms, pvp, and raids giving the feeling that legendary is once again, legendary. Giving it meaning and value where it currently is down to "who gets lucky I guess?"

The Next Expansion needs Flying from day 1:

I dont care, I know this is a controversial topic and I know it will get me alot of flak but heres my counter argument: I want a zone that can ONLY be accessed BY flying to it, an end game zone, one that requires that kind of progression to move into the end game.

I think that, is the real issue with flying, a lack of imagination on blizzards side, something that isnt really forfilled purely by giving us gliders and fake flying.

Considering most of Legions pre flying days I was able to pretty much fly anyway with a DH it felt irelevent to even block flying from launch as you kinda already "had" it depending on specific classes.

The issue with flying isnt a restraint required on it, but more imagination needed with it.

Love it or hate it, PvP needs a Trashran:

PvP is virtually dead this expansion with the talent system being a nightmare revamp to a already badly designed change. World PvP is just boring and lifeless with most of it being tied ENTIRELY to world quests none of which are even interesting to do.

PvP needs another world pvp zone, or a new BG to freshen the experience and having both would be great, but it definately needs something "new" as whats already there is dead and lifeless.

Those are my five, whats yours?

Remember, this is not about what you want in another expansion, rather what you DONT want from Legion to cross into the next.
    Pretty much same as me except for flying id do it do the main story of each zone on atleast 1 char once and then you can get for some gold after get flying though then id prolly prefer if it was only avaible from 2nd week of expansion onwards so all people got time to lvl first.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. No. More. Mission. Table
    How this made it past WoD is beyond me.

2. Black Dirt and Green Goo
    I was tired of this in Tanaan already.

3. Send Khadgar back to Shattrath
    He's clearly run out of jokes.

4. Not saying you can't do class-specific stuff but you turned class identity into the new garrison.
    Where it's crept into every single facet of the game to the point where development resources are being lost to ensuring it stays relevant.

5. Drop the act and merge factions
    Genn and Sylvanas shouldn't be the public face of the Horde and Alliance just because they're the last two leaders in said factions that have a reason to keep this faction conflict going.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)