Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Jesus... it's like a bunch of Horde children crying. The expansion ISN'T OVER YET!
    Fixed that. Plus, the OP didn't pay close attention to each XPac and who dominated the storylines. Even in Wrath, where the villain is a former Alliance Paladin, We still have Horde attacking from a skyship, a fight with Saurfang (an Orc) the blood counsel (Blood Elves) and a handful of Forsaken (Undead) bosses and mini bosses. Most people tend to forget that damn near every expac has a better written Horde storyline thanks to Chris Metzen... at least until Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it does so far.

Epic Alliance Hero death vs Horde Hero dying to a trash mob

Glenn declaring War against the Horde vs Sylvanas creeping around in the background

Velen and the Draenei meeting his son then preparing for a trip to Argus

Anduin finding resolve/courage at the Tomb

----

Horde has been getting royally shafted as of late. At least Argus can set something up between Sylvanas and Alleria, but Alliance will have their own version with Turalyon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygames View Post
    wod shouldn't count man it was based on the alternate horde not the current horde with trolls tauren and goblins
    Cataclysm - Thrall is front and center as the superhero of the expansion. Malfurion and the ancients get some screentime with 4.2, but Thrall is still harnassing the POWA of the elements so he can put a baby in his waifu. He literally shoots Deathwing for us. Alliance loses the Park.

MoP - The story revolves around Garrosh and his thirst for conquest and the politics of the Horde in dealing with this new Warchief. Raid on Ogrimmar. Alliance loses Theramore. Anduin gets some screentime. We get a scenario where we (Alliance) skulk around with Vol'jin in some caves.

WoD - Epic story for Thrall to discover his roots and meet his fam. Alliance version involves meeting a no-name Draenei girl and carrying her ass on the way to level 100 because she has no heirlooms. Alliance lose Admiral Grayson. Thrall and Garrosh threw down - epic cinematic. The original boss Grom gets replaced and he gets a mini redemption scene because 'muh horde'

The point being that whether it was a good moment or a bad moment, a lot of the story focus from the player's perspective has been on the Horde side and on their events. Heck, even in ICC the canon is that the Horde won the gun ship battle. In order to flesh out the Worgen storyline, an Alliance player would need to roll a Horde toon in order to continue the storyline.

If you feel sidelined and marginalized... welcome to the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    ...As a Horde player I don't feel heroic at all in this expansion. I feel like the Alliance's lapdog. I feel like I'm watching them do all of the cool stuff from afar...
    As it should be. The Horde has taken it's rightful place as a footnote in Azeroth's history. No need to change or expand anything.

I agree, Legion feels like its got a bit more focus on the Alliance, but thats okay. There is no way with games this big that you arent going to favor one sides story over the other; so dont try to. Use the opportunity to tell a chapter of a faction's story.
    And personally, despite WoD focusing on Orcs- it felt like a pretty even keel Expansion for both the factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

Glenn declaring War against the Horde vs Sylvanas creeping around in the background

----

Horde has been getting royally shafted as of late. At least Argus can set something up between Sylvanas and Alleria, but Alliance will have their own version with Turalyon.
    Right? We've gotten nothing since Stormheim, this is unfair.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post

----

Time to reroll alliance then. It might be enlightning.

Deleted
    Best cinematics regarding alliance heroes . I mean the warchief dies during the invasion but the cinematic is not as emotional or viewed or advertised as the alliance counterpart. Bottomline if u had to pick a "single" u would defo pick the wrynn fall one.

However when it comes to factions this expansion : I mean come on it is the first time both factions land on the new area from the same starting point and use the exact same flightpaths for all the areas . And this is something that has never happened before.

after so many horde centric x packs, i'm glad they changed it up

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Will be the end of warcraft then.
    We'll see. I dunno about that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    after so many horde centric x packs, i'm glad they changed it up
    Therein lies the problem. Horde are a bunch of whiny babies who expect the game to be centered around them. No one but them can have good racials, no one but them can be the focus of the story, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Because we hadn't just had an expansion focused on Orcs or the Horde or anything?
    You mean twice? hell Cata was had lots of Focus On garroshes New horde. Which also was a way to large part of MoP. And WoD was pretty much more just orc on orc, with sidedish of orc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    WoD was definitely not Horde centric, Orc and Human? Yes.
    MoP was definitely not Horde centric, Orc and Human? Yes.
    Cata was definitely not Horde centric, Orc and Human? Yes.
    oh sweet sweet summer child how was they not. that like saying Wraft of the lich king was not centric about The scourge, but really was centric on Vrygul. yeah sure there was story about them, but hardly as much. In the same way, hardly humans there. But if you want to say that, I honestly dont think anyone could ever convince you otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Well the Velen questline was clearly Alliance centered, as well was the Anduin one, and even Val'shara which was all about Malfurion. I wouldnt yet call Legion all about Alliance, but it currently is leaning far more towards it, since Horde has well... gotten nothing outside the opening (which was comparable to alliance) and the Sylvanas questline which also had an Alliance parallel (and shat all over prior mentioned Broken Shore opening).

Part of the issue is that Baine was supposed to have a questline in Highmountain but it was cut late into development, and nothing was ever put in place to fill in the hole and make the Horde feel like they actually belong. Worse still that they are required to follow a human and night elf - neutral ones yes but human and night elf regardless - as the main driving force of 7.2 with NO member of race of the Horde being featured in any sort of prominence (whereas alliance has, adding to illidan and Khadgar, two more with Maiev and Velen).
    Well Lady Leadrin got some love but ya its to bad about Baine being cut.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm perfectly okay with Legion being an Alliance expansion after the last few have been pretty much Horde expansions.

As a Horde player, I strongly disagree that WoD or MoP were for Alliance the same than Legion is for us.

During MoP, you had all the High King storyline and the Alliance united as one to fight Garrosh and Y'sharjj. Alliance may not have as much quests with its characters than Horde, but still, there were things. Alliance lore evolved and the faction was shown doing things. We even had a story with Anduin going 'round.

WoD was a disaster for Horde lore, a massive missed opportunity to finally define what is the Horde, by comparing it to the idealized version of Garrosh. We had nothing in term of faction development. Vol'jin was useless, we had some Thrall around doing one or two things, but nothing that make the faction evolve. The only thing WoD was is a boring prequel to Legion, just used to justify the return of Gul'dan.
    In the overall, both factions, Horde and Alliance, didn't had any evolutions during WoD.

And in Legion, the trouble is that Horde means nothing anymore. I don't know anymore what the Horde is supposed to be. Vol'jin get killed in the beginning without any reasons story-wise and Sylvanas is just.... Sylvanas. Boring character doing things in the shadows. In the same time Alliance have a story with Anduin learning to become a true king and Genn saying he wants to reignite the war with the Horde.

On Horde side, everyone seems to be okay with the idea of an half-crazy undead lady leading the Horde after showing she had no troubles in using necromancy on innocent people to reinforce her troops. (To be fair, Paladins seems to have no trouble with Deathknigths attacking their base and trying to raise Tyrion so...).

The main trouble is that if Cata built the Horde in a way, MoP and WoD destroyed it. The faction doesn't have any reason to exist except gameplay ones. At this point it will make more sense to have the Blood Elves to join the Alliance, the Taurens, Trolls and Orcs to stay together in Kalimdor and Sylvanas doing whatever she wants with the Forsaken. Why should we fight side by side ? For what reason ?

As per Legion, the Horde is dead and Blizzard is doing nothing to adress this issue. What is the Horde today? What is it suppose to mean, in comparison to the Alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Will be the end of warcraft then.
    Would never be the end of Warcraft. Even if the factions join there are those on both sides that would never forgive the old feuds. Those that would benefit from a split Azeroth compared to a unified one. Its why a world like Star Trek's would not happen in real life, or at least not in any of our lifetimes. Too many old hatreds, greed, power that those with power would be afraid to lose.
    I could see the horde/alliance uniting either in the next expansion if its the Azshara/N'zoth one or maybe afterwards if we start to go planet hopping. PvP would still exist as PvP reps would be those faction of people with power that as stated above would not want that unification. They could actually make entire storylines around it and make PvP more unique.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind.

WoD felt Horde.
    MoP went Horde.
    Cata was lead for the Horde.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..