Deleted

Best way to sim/pawn?

I've been using a mix of raidbots and simulationcraft(I'm not sure if I have it setup right though) but there's so many options like ask mr robot, shadow craft etc. So I was wondering which you'd recommend for keeping my sims and pawns up to date? (I'm very new to this type of thing if you couldn't tell)

Also wondering if there was a good way to get an aoe sim
    Last edited by mmocd3ec225a1a; 2017-05-18 at 09:02 AM.

SimCraft is all you need.

I had AskMrRobot premium for like 2 years, values were always off. Also their other features like what to spend your bonus roll on etc. is just gimmicky, because you should know by yourself what items you need.

Also nowadays highest iLvl most likely wins because there are no more stats like Hit and Expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyse View Post
    ...Also nowadays highest iLvl most likely wins because there are no more stats like Hit and Expertise.
    That is not quite right. A few classes have secondary stats higher than mainstats. Regularly at +15 itemlvl an item with your worst secondary stats is only marginaly better than an item with your best stats. For jewelry that is even worse. Often rings with +20 itemlvl are worse than one with bis stats.

If you just want to sim and don't want to tinker with all the settings of simcraft but you want to use simcraft, i recommend raidbots. It uses simcraft and lets you tinker the basic settings like fight lenght and type. You can also change items to sim them against each other very easy.
    With raidbots you will also get a pawn string, but be careful sims are a "perfect condition" enviroment. For stat weights which reflect a natural playing field i choose "light movement" because patchwerk fights are a thing of the past. Even the most patchwerk fight in the current addon like krosus can and will have some moments where you have to move. And in the end the differences are so minimal that a blink or even luck/bad luck make a huge difference than 0.37% more secondary stat on x.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Classes are pretty balanced imo, the ones that actually can stand out are classes that base their skills on procs and crits... cough frost mage cough

Deleted
    Use raidbots and simc add-on is the best thing atm

Use raid bots for sure. Best way to get past em!

@Sneezedip - You can get 2 different AoE sims on the AMR simulator right now. Mythic+ and Spellblade boss scripts will do that for you. To use them go here, and on the right side, select the boss script you want.

As for stat weights, the AMR simulator is your most thorough option. You'll have to manually enter pawn weights for now, but we plan to get you an auto-export soon. Here's a few things we do that go above and beyond:

-- We sim 1000s of data points (SimC looks at just 2), and then we run a multiple linear regression (stat stuff) on it to find your stat weights.
    -- We look at stat interactions when making your stat weights (simC's stat weight function doesn't do that, but you can look at the reforge plots and then manually adjust weights based on your interpretation).
    -- We let you get weights that work well across multiple levels of gear, OR just your gear right now. Up to you
    -- We sim every single item with a proc when you run stat weights. We then bundle that data with the stat weight report, so that when you rank gear, it's ranked from simulation data. This is important, since procs can't be ranked from stat weights.

If you want to run a custom setup, here's a guide. If you give me your character name and realm, I can also run one for you to use.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Most top dos people use simc

Im rick harrison
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Why use raidbots over simc?

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Because Raidbots is a cloud tool that is based on simc, you get nightly version even, so basically is a simcraft on cloud and therefore, better calc power, and a lot of "save time" tools like RELIC COMPARE (THANK GOD) TOP GEAR (THANK GOD AGAIN)

Basically is SIMC on cloud (faster faster) with more benefits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    So I don't have to use my CPU to calculate shit while I'm gaming. And the UI is far better (IMO)

Deleted
    @Zoopercat - Sneakytime on EU-Deathwing

@Sneezedip - sorry! I forgot to post this the other day, I feel terrible! Anyway, here's your report: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simula...ad319ceb4bed4f

Click the green 'save and use' button. Then go back to the gearing page and you can select it in the stat weight drop down menu.
    Last edited by Zoopercat; 2017-05-22 at 06:08 PM.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion