Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    Yes, that's why all the smartest "skilled" players take inferior gear and use inferior set-ups, because their leet "skills" will make up for it. That and their kickbots, rotation bots, fly and lag hacks, exploits...which themselves take a certain amount of "skill" to use...

People that use the term "skill" re WoW PvP are generally in constant fap mode feeding their egos or someone elses, in a fantasy world thinking they're the best thing since sliced bread and everyone else is a scrub. It's always the other guy that lost the match for them, but never them. That's called having delusions of grandeur and how many hundreds of times have we all seen it?

The fact is that given equal "skill" among players, a few percentage points better gear will win matches more than not, especially in Legion's "gear doesn't matter" alternate reality.
    Then explain to me how not every PvE'er with full Mythic gear takes control over the ladder? Because skill obviously doesn't matter at all, right.

Anyways, your whole post ooze of.. something I can't recall the English word for, so I'll leave it at that. You obviously can't figure out why you're not capable of climbing higher.

Also it isn't talk about a few percentage points advantage, unless you are comparing a 880 to a 920 that is, then it would be a mind blowing 4% difference, which I might admit would have a say. But a 910 (which is extremely easy to obtain, no matter what part of this game you play) compared to a 920-925 (which is full Mythic or TF Elite gear) is 1-1.5% difference in stats. Thus I came with the claim that skill>gear. Because in the end, that is what matters.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2017-06-01 at 06:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Then explain to me how not every PvE'er with full Mythic gear takes control over the ladder? Because skill obviously doesn't matter at all, right.

Anyways, your whole post ooze of.. something I can't recall the English word for, so I'll leave it at that. You obviously can't figure out why you're not capable of climbing higher.
    Conveniently you missed where I said, "...given equal "skill" among players..." Obviously that doesn't mean skill doesn't matter at all, but if you're as good as your opponent and have the extra 2-4-6% boost in stats, you're going to beat him more than not. It's as much as giving or taking away a talent row or a racial.

I'm perfectly capable of climbing higher but wasn't stupid enough to waste my coins on Legion so that has nothing to do with it.

Keep drinking the 'gear doesn't matter' Kool-Aid. Blizz has oceans of it already made for copious swilling.

You won't have 2-6% more stats, you will have 1% perhaps as high as 2% more stats. 6% is 60 item levels difference, that is a 920 vs a 860. You won't see such huge gear differences in higher ratings.

Of course gear matters, if you're comparing a fresh 110 to a 110 that have played since Legion release, always have, always will. It is after all, an MMO. But in the end it comes down to one thing - skill. Having 1% more stats won't make up for it if you're less skilled than your opponent.

But w/e. Never really liked PvP in WoW anyways, it have been shit since Vanilla WOW, and will continue to be absolute trash, there are just too many factors to balance.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

You won't have 2-6% more stats, you will have 1% perhaps as high as 2% more stats. 6% is 60 item levels difference, that is a 920 vs a 860. You won't see such huge gear differences in higher ratings.

Of course gear matters, if you're comparing a fresh 110 to a 110 that have played since Legion release, always have, always will. It is after all, an MMO. But in the end it comes down to one thing - skill. Having 1% more stats won't make up for it if you're less skilled than your opponent.

But w/e. Never really liked PvP in WoW anyways, it have been shit since Vanilla WOW, and will continue to be absolute trash, there are just too many factors to balance.
    I agree with that assessment, but there will be a point win say 42 points into your weapon is enough to move through the ranks, but then you will be butting heads with people that have 52+ which equates to more stamina, more points in key traits and concordance. So below high rated play, you are correct that 850+ is enough to be competitive, but the artifact is what really limits you.

This discussion about gear should be less about your ilvl and more about your artifact level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I agree with that assessment, but there will be a point win say 42 points into your weapon is enough to move through the ranks, but then you will be butting heads with people that have 52+ which equates to more stamina, more points in key traits and concordance. So below high rated play, you are correct that 850+ is enough to be competitive, but the artifact is what really limits you.

This discussion about gear should be less about your ilvl and more about your artifact level.
    That I agree with, having Concordance vs one without it is a huge advantage.

Gear matters more in Legion than any other expansion. I have three ranks in Concordance it blows away people that do not have a single rank.

"Skill"

Grinding a lot of PVE on my part is skill than I am Holinka's long lost twin sister.

10+ Year Old Account

You obviously haven't been paying attention, and not having PvP'ed much you don't understand how this all works in Legion. You WILL have fairly large differences, not just in gear ilvl percentages, but added with in Stam, various traits, and so on. You've bought the Blizz hype (you're not the only one) and haven't looked into it or questioned if they were peddling a 'bill of goods' for other reasons.

They are. Because they're a big corporation that will use any lie and PR spin they can get by with to increase profit margins. That's the unfortunate but hard reality behind all the hype and bullshit.

Some of us have explained it dozens of times on this forum. Not going to repeat it here for the umpteenth time, it's easily searched.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    You obviously haven't been paying attention, and not having PvP'ed much you don't understand how this all works in Legion. You WILL have fairly large differences, not just in gear ilvl percentages, but added with in Stam, various traits, and so on. You've bought the Blizz hype (you're not the only one) and haven't looked into it or questioned if they were peddling a 'bill of goods' for other reasons.

They are. Because they're a big corporation that will use any lie and PR spin they can get by with to increase profit margins. That's the unfortunate but hard reality behind all the hype and bullshit.

Some of us have explained it dozens of times on this forum. Not going to repeat it here for the umpteenth time, it's easily searched.
    Sorry, got my tinfoil hat on, sir.

And if you read my other post, I totally agree with the traits being too much. Gear isn't that important, but having over 50 traits vs someone under 50 traits is huge.

And I haven't bought any hype. I play a game I love, and have loved for the past 12 years. I honestly don't care if it is Blizzard, Activision or fucking Trump behind the weels. As long as I can play with my friends, doing what I find fun in the game, I am happy.
    Then there are people like you, who just got to find something to complain about, then twist that minor thing in a game to something HUGE about corporations that lies because in the end money is everything. Fuck off.

Traits = gear

Blizzard pulled the wool over every ones eyes and some poor saps think templates makes it balanced.

Blizzard replaced gear progression with traits.

Don't buy into Blizz BS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, got my tinfoil hat on, sir.

And if you read my other post, I totally agree with the traits being too much. Gear isn't that important, but having over 50 traits vs someone under 50 traits is huge.

And I haven't bought any hype. I play a game I love, and have loved for the past 12 years. I honestly don't care if it is Blizzard, Activision or fucking Trump behind the weels. As long as I can play with my friends, doing what I find fun in the game, I am happy.
    Then there are people like you, who just got to find something to complain about, then twist that minor thing in a game to something HUGE about corporations that lies because in the end money is everything. Fuck off.
    Ask the lying punks at Blizz if their money is everything mindset is minor to them. Nothing in the game is minor because everything is another chance to add to your in-game time or put in the cash Shop. In an honest moment they'd call you a pleb and lol you right out of the room. Ask asshats like Jay "Shut Up PvP Guy" Wilson who retired at 42 after wrecking Diablo then doing the same to WoW.

That's how corps operate today because that's what they teach in business schools today unlike years ago, and Activision is fully wedded to that philosophy. Nothing is sacred only profits. Not the customer. Not the employee. Not the environment that they do business in. Only profit and pleasing the shareholders. It's also known as 'a race to the bottom'.

You don't hire a lawyer like Ion as your lead dev and shitheads like Holinka as PvP lead if you're thinking about keeping the game geeks happy. Those days were over when Blizzard North disbanded. Acti decided when you have a virtual monopoly and millions of people invested in a product that they can't get their money back for, you exploit it.

Nice gig if you can get it, hmm?

Problem is, the no-life hamsters and assorted fanboys can't stand it when they're told the emperor has no clothes and they've been played like a violin. Their heads explode and they become armies of foaming-at-the-mouth Blizz defenders and deniers, willingly fighting against their own best interests because their addiction is more powerful than their common sense.

Tin-foil hat not required. Just reality.