Deleted

Dark Arbiter /- DPS Optimization

(maybe this Thread will help out others as well)

I'm a progress raider (10/10 HC) and hence I'm always trying to maximize my characters potential.
    Once I analyzed the 7.2.5 changes it became pretty clear that Unholy will pull ahead and ToS-Logs and Simulations are proofing that assumption.
    I made a rather smooth switch from Frost to Unholy, my UH-Legendary's are fine (Chest + Bracers) and my Weapon is on level 52.

However, my overall DPS-performance leaves me disappointed.
    I typically achieve around 16-18mio DMG with my DA with a Heroism-Pull, this seems rather low.
    My follow-up DA's typically are somewhere around 10-12mio DPS.

My Pull sequence:
    1. Army at 5 Seconds.
    2. Shadow Infusion at Pull.
    3. Pre-Pot at Pull.
    4. Scourge Strike/Festering Strike until 120 RP and at least 1x Sudden Doom. (typically takes 5-10 seconds)
    5. Festering Strike if <6 Wounds
    6. Apokalypse
    7. Dark Arbiter

I'm typically Top3-DPS during the first ~30 seconds.
    After that, my DPS drop rapidly and I cant really establish good AVG-DPS.
    Aside from the initial Burst, my DPS is pretty mediocre.

My Base-Rotation:

1. Festering Strike if <4 Wounds else Scourge Strike
    2. Death Coil if >40RP and Runic-Corruption is false.
    3. Shadow Infusion on CD.
    4. Dark Arbiter on CD -> DA Rotation.

Situational:
    Icy Chains if 20 Stacks -or- 2PC DMG Buff -or- Proc Alignment

Dark Arbiter Rotation:
    • Apocalypse (pre)
    • Death Coil if >40 RP
    • Festering Strike if <3 Wounds
    • Scourge Strike if >3 Wounds.

AoE-Rotation:

• Oubtreak
    • Death and Decay on CD
    • Scourge Strike while DaD = active.
    • Festering Strike if <6 Wounds else Scourge Strike

This seems pretty straight forward, which leaves me surprised why I cant achieve good DPS.
    One thing I noticed during Kil'Jaeden is the fact that I can't seem to do a good amount of Cleave-DPS.
    I use Outbreak + Death and Decay and then I Scourge Strike until Death and Decay is over.
    However, the DPS results are really disappointing and nowhere close to Frost-Cleave DPS.

In addition to that, its literally impossible to have a good DA-Window during a AoE-Rotation.
    There is simply not enough RP-Generation....

Sidenote:
    I obtained the Kil'Jaeden Trinket (Spectre of Betrayal) which, according to recent Sims has a extreme impact on overall DPS.
    I wonder about the best way to optimize the Trinket, I would use it with the 2 PC-Buff and ideally with procs, however the second on-use only has a 14 second window otherwise I lose the additional shadow reflection.

Maybe someone can help me out, I'm still new to Unholy and I'm sure that I don't use it to its full potential.

Current Logs:
    Maiden
    Fallen Avatar
    Kil'Jaeden
    Last edited by mmoccd570e1571; 2017-06-27 at 01:40 PM.

In order to max optimize 2pc bonus i open this way:

1. BRW before pull
    2. Pot 1sec before pull
    3. Outbreak
    4. 1 Festering strike
    5. apo (1 festering and BRW should give you at least 6 wounds at this point)
    6. army
    7. DA (at this point you are probably at max runic and likely got at least 1 sudden doom, if not do few scourge strikes)
    8. DT
    9. DC spam

I'm going with 331xx11 and i use shoulders leg.

Think 10-12mil DA on average without shoulders is ok.

Also DA build really shines with shoulders. Difference is noticeable. COF trinket also helps a lot on fights where u can use DA on cd (most fights).
    Last edited by Balvan; 2017-06-27 at 09:18 AM.

Deleted
    Currently on mobile so can't go into details, but there is something wrong with your wounds. Your wound damage is super low, on avatar i have popped double the amount of your wounds despite our fight being 50s shorter.

You also only used 4 apocalypses in the 6:45 avatar fight, i used 5.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulDave View Post
    (maybe this Thread will help out others as well)

My Base-Rotation:[/B]
    1. Festering Strike if <6 Wounds else Scourge Strike
    2. Death Coil if >40RP and Runic-Corruption is false.
    3. Shadow Infusion on CD.
    4. Dark Arbiter on CD -> DA Rotation.

AoE-Rotation:

• Oubtreak
    • Death and Decay on CD
    • Scourge Strike while DaD = active.
    • Festering Strike if <6 Wounds else Scourge Strike

In addition to that, its literally impossible to have a good DA-Window during a AoE-Rotation.
    There is simply not enough RP-Generation....
    Not sure if I'm reading you right, but your "base rotation" shows Festering at < 6 stacks. Festering can apply 2-4 wounds, so you shouldn't use it over 4 wounds, you are potentially wasting 2 applications. Burst down to 4 (you can even go down to 2 if you don't have legendary bracers) and then Festering. When you get into DA rotation, make sure you aren't popping it until near Runic Power Cap. Then prioritize Death coil over everything else for 15s. Maybe someone else will have a better recomendation for AoE during a DA, but I just ignore it. Virulent + D&D is enough usually, if it's not I delay DA until after the AoE phase or talent for AoE if my team can't make up for me.

Deleted
    Thanks, that makes sense and explains why my Wound-DPS was a bit low, as I was most likely overcapping.

/fixed that portion of the OT.

Arbiter damage is so low cause you haven t the shoulders..that is a big improvement for the dps...

Deleted
    Should "Bursting Sores" be preferred above Ebon Fever in Burst-AoE scenarios?
    It surprises me that all top-Logs at Mitstress are using Ebon Fever.

I mean, it takes a few seconds for the Virulent Plague to spread across all targets.
    My Guild has a very high amount of AoE, which means that the Plague-uptime is quite low.
    I guess that Bursting Sores would be better.

My Legendary-Bracers could play a role too, as they would further increase the Burst-AoE potential.

________

The same logic could be applied to Harjatan who has short Burst sequences too.
    I'm thinking about using Defile + Bursting Sores in both of these fights.

Another factor:
    Desolate Host.
    Ebon Fever would be better when it comes to pure statistical numbers, however:
    Its very hard to maintain the Plague in both stages of the fight (Spirit and Normal Realm) as it lasts 50% shorter.
    I think that with multi-dotting and Realm-Switching, Bursting Sores would be better here as well.

I would basically dot all targets in the normal realm and than switch down to the spirit realm while having the Engine as focus target.
    As soon as the Plague wears out, I switch back up and apply my Plague again. I think this, in combination with Bursting Sores, would provide better DPS. I tried to do this tactic with Ebon Fever, but its too hectic and makes me switch the Realm too often losing a lot of uptime in the process.

Defile vs Dark Arbiter
    I use both, the Spectre of Betrayal and Vial which means that I benefit a lot from Mastery.
    So much, that my Single-Target DPS in M+ Boss-fights is actually identical between Defile and the DA-Build.
    I've yet not played with Defile in ToS (new to Unholy) but I like the flow of it a lot better.
    Especially cause its mastery-buff augments both of my trinkets and my chest (cold heart).
    At 10 stacks its basically 20% extra DMG for all of these 3 abilities and Defile does a lot more dmg than DaD too.

I guess this would be different if I would own the Shoulders...

________
    Tl;dr

Harjatan, Mistress, Desolate Host: Bursting Sores + Defile
    Rest: Ebon Fever + Dark Arbiter
    Last edited by mmoccd570e1571; 2017-06-30 at 08:31 AM.

I use both Shoulder/Chest + T20-4 and Bracers/Ring + T20-4 both setups with ~924 ilvl and weapon at 59.

To be honest I get similar SimC DPS with both setups and similar raid DPS with 2mio+ peak at pull.
    But playing with Bracer/Ring is just SO EASY. I use a /swapactionbar for DeathCoil / DT / RaisePet so I dont even have to keep an eye on DT. Cleave DPS is just insane and ST is at or maybe slightly under Shoulder/Chest.
    -