Poll: Will the Next Expansion be a Legion-copy or Something Completely Different?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Legion was so well received by the community and dubbed "the best expansion since X expansion", so do you think Blizzard will sit on this fame and just make a "look-alike" expansion with the same famous features (Class Hall, Legendaries, Mythic +, Artifact Weapons, World Quests, Titanforging, PvP Talents)

Or

Will they try and risk something completely different and see what the community think of it?
    Ignore all the "what lol Legion sucks" comments. Sadly these forums are filled up with former players who are just consumed by their own bitterness.

Legion introduced some great things and some not so great things. I think it's safe to say we won't see a copy/paste situation.

Mythic plus and world quests turned out really great. It's to of the best additions the game had ever had imo.

There is a lot that needs to change or i will probably not come back. The RNG has to go away. The grind is awful this expansion. The constant GO GO GO attitude in everything is getting old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    There is a lot that needs to change or i will probably not come back. The RNG has to go away. The grind is awful this expansion. The constant GO GO GO attitude in everything is getting old.
    Ok so. The grind. I think even blizzard agrees with. You have to be more specific about the RnG tho. You can't remove all rng.
    The go go go attitude I don't even know what you mean

Blizzard has a formula, just like most popular movies. They get paid because the formula works. Do you really think they're going to massively deviate from it? Whatever the next expansion ends up being about, it will follow suit with what we've always seen: Level up in the first week, grind some reps and wait for time-gates, run some dunegons and a raid.

In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me to see that the only real changes in the next expansion are ways to stretch weak content even further than it was in Legion. Expect to see a lot more recycled format, and ways to return/repeat the stuff you already did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Blizzard has a formula, just like most popular movies. They get paid because the formula works. Do you really think they're going to massively deviate from it? Whatever the next expansion ends up being about, it will follow suit with what we've always seen: Level up in the first week, grind some reps and wait for time-gates, run some dunegons and a raid.

In all honesty, it wouldn't surprise me to see that the only real changes in the next expansion are ways to stretch weak content even further than it was in Legion. Expect to see a lot more recycled format, and ways to return/repeat the stuff you already did.
    The point is, this is THE FORMULA. Not a, not one, but THE formula for this kind of game, specially this old. You can't have anything different in mmo-rpg game. You kill, you gather, you became a little more powerful and again and again and again. The base is always been this. Hell, this is the formula also for paper RPG, ala D&D. You kill, gather, help people, get exp and loot, repeat.

I don't see why people are expecting massive change to something it has been and will be always be like that.

Second point, the time gate. This is also something that is ever present in those kind of game. Of course, in a single player RPG, you can lock yourserlf at home, play for 24 hours straigth and finish the game. But obviously this cannot work in a subscription game, when the expac must last for a X amount of time.

The recycled format is exactly the core of this games. It's the core of everything, probably also real life itself. You always do the same thing over and over, with a few execption here and there. I don't see why Blizzard is the evil guy that need to change this routine all of a sudden. This game formula is the same as Vanilla, believe it or not. IF YOU LIKE the content or NOT, that's a WHOLE DIFFERENT topic.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    It actually hasn't. It drew back in a lot of subs, but stupidity of things like 7.2 have pushed activity(and more than likely subs although they don't tell us them now shocker) to all time lows.
    activity reports from warcraftrealms says that 7.2 activity is all-time low, even lower than WoD's lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    The point is, this is THE FORMULA. Not a, not one, but THE formula for this kind of game, specially this old. You can't have anything different in mmo-rpg game.
    Spoken like someone who's never played or looked beyond WoW-style MMORPGs. Take a look at EVE online and then tell me you can't do an MMORPG any different than wow.

WoW's formula isn't the only way to do things. It's simply what so many people are familiar with. It's like going to a foreign country and seeing a Starbucks coffee. You don't go there because it's the best coffee, or because it's the only way to get coffee. You go because you know exactly what you're going to get. That's WoW in a nutshell.

Granted, that's also why they stick to the formula. It works. That doesn't mean there isn't a better way, or that the WoW formula is the only way, however.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-08-07 at 09:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Some things will be similar. Like world quests, weekly events and quests and perhaps some sort of new progression system similar to AP to keep people occupied. Perhaps even legendaries will be back. Most likely much more too.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Yup, whatever new systems they use really needs to account and class wide next time around from the start. AP not being class-wide gains and prestige not being account-wide still pisses me off to this day.

No spec-specific legendary bullshit again either, make them all work across all specs so I can switch my loot type without fear.
    That and the emphasis on random secondary stat's making it hard to gear optimally without reforging. I sincerely hope they either remove random secondary stat and make them static drops or re-implement reforge.

I used to be hardcore but I'm a grown adult now, I want account bound gear and items and progression so I can play what I want when I want. I play WoW cuz I enjoy the game, I rarely even care about the grind, so no I would not stop playing if I finally caught that carrot. It was easily done in MoP and I played the rest of the xpac nothing but pvping and doing old achieves after I got my heirlooms off garrosh.

I just don't want to gimp my guild / party if I decide to play an alt, I think gearing is enough of a chore just to be viable, artifact took that a lot further and it's completely unnecessary. Especially since Legion has so much content, seriously what even was the point of AP? We have plenty to grind ffs.

I really hate what Legion did to class design, pvp, and gear. Still love the game but I feel like after so much time invested this game I have a right to bitch about it when it's going under. They have a LOT of cleaning up to do next xpac. Seriously sad what they did to rogues...

offtopic rant sorry

Deleted
    I'm praying for Blizzard to make a huge leap like they did in Legion and try numerous new features.
    But Legion was the first expansion where they did such a huge leap of faith...so i'm afraid they won't do it again.

I wish there would be reduction in RNG and more towards set ilvls on items so it does not give the feeling that you can't really complete a character (At whatever level people goals are). Working towards a goal and able to finish it reliably within a set amount of time can reduce the burnout everyone feels with the excessive chore like gameplay this expansion.

I like the improvement to the storytelling and really hope they keep up with it. Even though fun gameplay is the king of Blizzard games, the value of story should not be neglected as that is what makes it immersive and enjoyable for countless social and bit older gamers.