Poll: Well, are you?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    No.

I am having alliance and Elf Fatigue homever.

Jesus fucking christ if you have a demon fatigue problem take a fucking break from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by RoutinelyWorgen View Post
    This is somewhat relevant to the next expansion discussion, mostly on the grounds of similarities with WoD which is how the theme of the big baddy this expansion has grown rather stale and negated the enjoyment of the game's experience.

So are you tired of fel green nonsense?
    How can you be "tired of demons" when they've only been a big part of the expansion this last patch. Are you joking? lol. Take a trip back to WoD and Mists and experience 2 years of non-stop orcs then you can complain about too many demons.

Yes. One more brown zone with fel green pools of slime and I will be fully sick of it.

Nowhere near as sick as I was of orcs though. Thank god that era is over.

Since 7.2.5 my play time has continued to plummet to the point im only really on for raids and thats it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly? No. After 7.3, though? Maybe.

The thing with me is that, I'm a pretty big fan of the Burning Legion when it comes to lore, so, the amount of them that I can take at a time is quite a lot higher than the average WoW player. Not only this, though I've been anticipating a Burning Legion expansion for years, and I still don't feel as though I've gotten my fill; the scale of their invasion has simply been a disappointment thus far, and although it doesn't look as though it's going to get any better, I am, at the very least, hoping that Argus is enough to make up for it.

I'm not too sure why people are so burned out over the Burning Legion when it's only been a year since the expansion has launched. Have you already forgotten the near entirety of the Broken Isles and its many, diverse themes? Azsuna is full of ancient spirits and naga, Highmountain is full of unique tribes of tauren and drogbar, Stormheim is dominated by vyrkul and so fourth; admist that is, actually, not that many demons, especially considering that there was supposed to be an ongoing invasion.

Has the Broken Shore caused everyone to grow tired of the demon and Fel theme? It was pretty shitty content, so, I can't blame them, though it would still be a shame to hear that something so small was enough to sour someone's opinion of such an important theme in the Warcraft universe.

Anyway, I'm excited for 7.3 and am, by no means, ready for another expansion - I'm still enthralled by the one we're currently in. Oh, and, Sargeras is bae.

Ah yes the entire Burning Legion expansion to get rid of demons once and for all should have been resolved within one patch cycle.

Gamers...

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I think it was you that a long time ago right we had this discussion on the lore forum? The WoW community is fickle, they love to bitch about fatigue this ''too much screen time that''. ''I'm tired of seeing ____'' Which is why we had the discussion of us not really ever losing, If I remember right.

You can bet your house that they will complain about The Old Gods Void shit aswell. I can bet my account on it.
    Yeah that's right, we discussed it already on lore forum.

Meh, majority of people probably don't see Burning Legion as I do and I can understand that.

They were literally being built up to be main big bads since war1 & war2 (before chronicle), and Blizzard watered them down & dumbified them so much because they knew if they showed invasion how it should've really looked like people would freak out.

And even after Legion's influence being brought down to bare minimum, people still complain about "demon fatigue" even though only one zone is in full demonic theme so far.

I expect it will probably be the same when green is swapped for purple when we fight Void stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    It's more of a problem when a specific theme doesn't have a lot of diversity to its overall aesthetic and feel, and lasts for more than just one expansion. Also getting multiple content patches in a row that focus on a very similar theme gets tiresome. Only WoD and Legion have really suffered from this thus far, because most of the other expansions had very diverse themes that didn't last too long and were interspersed with content patches focusing on very different stuff. Even WotLK, which was the most oversaturated with "Scourge fatigue", had something completely different slap bang in the middle of it in the form of Ulduar.

Pandaria is probably the best example of how an expansion can have a strong central antagonist while still putting players in a ton of diverse locations facing varied threads in the lead up to the final conflict.
    I understand what you mean, but I still feel like people are overreacting with "demon fatigue".

Wotlk had Ulduar which was different themed you're right, but Legion has Emerald Nightmare, Nighthold, and even Tomb of Sargeras which is mix of titanic & elven & demonic themes.
    It's not like everything we got so far was fel & green & demonic like some people claim.

Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    I understand what you mean, but I still feel like people are overreacting with "demon fatigue".

Wotlk had Ulduar which was different themed you're right, but Legion has Emerald Nightmare, Nighthold, and even Tomb of Sargeras which is mix of titanic & elven & demonic themes.
    It's not like everything we got so far was fel & green & demonic like some people claim.
    I think it's more to do with the pacing of it. EN was the most detached major element from the Legion theme, but it also came right at the start of the expansion and was over with the quickest. Since 7.2 there's been a major focus on the Legion, with lots of fel greens and scorched earth everywhere. Now that we're going straight from that into 7.3, which brings even more of the same, I think a lot of people are starting to long for something a little different. As mentioned, if 7.1 had been the Tomb, 7.2 the Nighthold, and 7.3 Argus, then it might've helped alleviate this problem by pacing it out better.

As other people have mentioned as well, 6.2 lasting for a year with the major content all focusing on a similar theme makes it feel like we've been dealing with the Legion for a full expansion already. While the final updates of MoP and WoD weren't ginormous chunks of content compared to the rest of their respective expansions, the length they lasted gave people time to get tired of their themes.