A Question about the Argus mount rares?

A Question about the Argus mount rares?

OK do you need to have unlocked the WQs on Argus to get a shot at the mounts on rares in Argus?

I got a ton of alts and i have been at this since release and nothing! Only my main has unlocked all the quests and non of my alts have did any quests except the first one off the Vindicator.

All i get is the AP and currency and thats it not even BOAs or anything else.

So has anyone gotten these mounts who havent done the intro quests? And by intro quests i mean those after when you first arrive in argus and can use the teleportation device?

My mage wich did not have mac'aree questline done by that time, got a mount drop from the Wrangler-rare who drops the talbuk in Mac'Aree(na)

Since the teleportation device unlocks are account-wide from day 1 your first char unlock them that have nothing to do with it at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    My mage wich did not have mac'aree questline done by that time, got a mount drop from the Wrangler-rare who drops the talbuk in Mac'Aree(na)

Since the teleportation device unlocks are account-wide from day 1 your first char unlock them that have nothing to do with it at least.
    Maybe it was just my paranoia but seeing the mount drop so many times in groups while my alts got nothing just made me wonder thats all. I have been doing this at least 200 times since launch and i cant believe the mount is that rare!. Though iam starting to do the intro quests on my alts to see if that really does make a difference.

I have been farming Blistermaw and Houndmaster and Puscilla on all my alts over 20+ btw and nothing.

7+ Year Old Account
    its just a mount.

you dont have to unlock anything, just run in and kill some rares.

Formerly known as Arafal

The only requirement to get them to drop is, that you have to visit Argus once. If you want your alts to reach Mac'Aree / Antoran then you need to have done those quests on at least one toon. This will allow your ship to access those beacons.

So in short, do it once on a main, farm on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Maybe it was just my paranoia but seeing the mount drop so many times in groups while my alts got nothing just made me wonder thats all. I have been doing this at least 200 times since launch and i cant believe the mount is that rare!. Though iam starting to do the intro quests on my alts to see if that really does make a difference.

I have been farming Blistermaw and Houndmaster and Puscilla on all my alts over 20+ btw and nothing.
    Yeah, done blistermaw 4 times each time he is up nothing and the Houndmaster close to just as much. The one from Puscilla(and that can drop from other rares as well, Biletooth Gnasher) I've gotten 3 times. Its just rng, and nothing to do with requirement

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    its just a mount.

you dont have to unlock anything, just run in and kill some rares.
    Which is what i have been doing i just want to know if blizz has secretly made it so you have to unlock WQs to get all the goodies on Argus cause atm i havent gotten shit so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The only requirement to get them to drop is, that you have to visit Argus once. If you want your alts to reach Mac'Aree / Antoran then you need to have done those quests on at least one toon. This will allow your ship to access those beacons.

So in short, do it once on a main, farm on alts.
    Ive done all the intro quests on my main and unlocked all zones its just i cant believe i havent gotten a rare to drop anything except AP even though i have been at it with nearly 20+ alts since launch.

I guess i just want to know i aint wasting my time and that blizz hasnt secretly made it that you must unlock the WQs to get the goodies.

Ive done all the intro quests on my main and unlocked all zones its just i cant believe i havent gotten a rare to drop anything except AP even though i have been at it with nearly 20+ alts since launch.

I guess i just want to know i aint wasting my time and that blizz hasnt secretly made it that you must unlock the WQs to get the goodies.
    Yeah good luck. I've been doing them all x12 along with 2 friends so basically 3 chances at each rare each time and we've only gotten like 4 toys no mounts. Did get a few eggs so hoping they do something.

Yeah good luck. I've been doing them all x12 along with 2 friends so basically 3 chances at each rare each time and we've only gotten like 4 toys no mounts. Did get a few eggs so hoping they do something.
    I dont mind RNG cause iam used to that but what i dont like is that iam doing something and for no fault of my own and with no say so from blizz you dont even get a chance to access the good stuff cause you didnt unlock the WQs on that particular toon.

Well i guess you guys have given me optimism so iam gonna stick at camping those rares on my alts wish me luck and if they do drop on alts that havent unlocked WQs i will let you know!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-09 at 07:07 AM.

If I could, I'd give you one, because it's ugly and I totally don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    If I could, I'd give you one, because it's ugly and I totally don't need it.
    Iam a mount collector so i would use it once and never use it again like 99 percent of the mounts that drop on argus LOL

i've gotten crimson slavermaw, biletooth gnasher(dropped from the inquisitor rare in the area with traps and small fiends), acid-belcher, and darkspore mana ray so far. acid and biletooth today.

i've killed kerrax around 44 times since launch(maybe more, not sure), still no vile fiend.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've gotten crimson slavermaw, biletooth gnasher(dropped from the inquisitor rare in the area with traps and small fiends), acid-belcher, and darkspore mana ray so far. acid and biletooth today.

i've killed kerrax around 44 times since launch(maybe more, not sure), still no vile fiend.
    Did you get those on alts that didnt have WQs unlocked thats all i need to know?

Did you get those on alts that didnt have WQs unlocked thats all i need to know?
    the biletooth i did, i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the biletooth i did, i believe.
    Thank you now i know i aint wasting my time camping the rares on my alts that only did the first quest into on argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're a streamer and get the priviledge to have people trade you stuff.
    The plebs don't have that luck and are forced to farm it for weeks/months.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

Well i finnally got the vilemount from Houndmaster on a alt that did not do any intro quests except the first opening one.

So i can conclude that these mounts are alot rarer than i thought they was going to be and i mustve done over 300 tries with over 20+ alts and that not having the world quest opened up does not affect drop rate.

Anyway thats a load of my mind now i can farm the other goodies knowing i aint wasteing my time.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Unless you're a streamer and get the priviledge to have people trade you stuff.
    The plebs don't have that luck and are forced to farm it for weeks/months.
    They hotfixed it so most of the mounts can't be traded anymore anyway. Blistermaw is the only one that still can be traded as far as I know. I learnt this the hard way trying to loot second ones to trade to friends.

@OP. Also confirming that most of my mounts on argus came from chars who had not unlocked WQs.

Deleted
    The rares are up when there is a WQ, so it does not matter if you have unlocked the WQs, they will just be there.