Necrotic - With a twist

Hey guys,

I feel that necrotic is a pretty boring affix. This is true for other affixes aswell but for now I'll stick with necrotic in my example.

First, I play pretty much every class that has a tank spec. Necrotic pretty much only affects me (and to some extent the healer ofc) and it dosen't really add anything to the gameplay for me. For example explosive affix is much better and add another level were you actually have to target the orbs and use single target spells.

My suggestion is that you add a +dmg% increase for every new stack of necrotic. That way you can take a couple of more stacks with the upside that you do more dmg. Since it mostly affects the tank I don't think it will be game breaking if say you get 2% dmg increase for each stack of necrotic. With 50 stacks you would then do +100% more dmg but you will most likely be dying pretty fast. The thing im after here is with this you have the choice to play more offensive even at high keys.

If I would be able to change another thing that would be to add a 3rd affix to 10+ and above. Fortified and Tyrannical is OK but kinda dull in comparison with other affixes. The 3rd affix would then be a constant bleed that bosses put on the tank.

These are my suggestions. Would do you think? What changes would you like to see in future expansions?

Works fine as is. Tanks already do too much damage. Sounds like an exploit waiting to happen.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Well I can agree with you that it might pose an exploit problem. Ofc the dmg buff would have to have some kind of timer or in/out of combat.

Why do you say that tanks do "too much" damage? I mean damage is a key part of any pve content. I don't really share your thoughts here. Thankfully we have left the vanilla-age when we were just meat walls taking shit load of damage and more or less couldn't even quest on our own due to such low dmg output.

Vengeance and BRM have infinite kiting ability and can hold aggro while kiting so what stops them from sitting at high tacks on purpose to get insane dps with zero drawback?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    Vengeance and BRM have infinite kiting ability and can hold aggro while kiting so what stops them from sitting at high tacks on purpose to get insane dps with zero drawback?
    Really good point. The minute after I posted I thought of this aswell. My point was really more about adding a possibility between offensive/defensive gameplay. There is flaws, I agree with that

As a ret paladin, i would be able to take first hits, stack up to 4-5 (maybe more) tank taunts off, and i cut packs like a knife through butter... Like the suggestion... But will never happen. It wont be balancable

Madness will consume you!!!

I find skittish to be boring affix also but they wont remove them just cause they be boring for certain peeps. You just gotta enjoy the simple affix week when necro is up.

5+ Year Old Account
    After this week's explosive/fortified/teeming, im ok with having some less loaded affixes on other weeks.

and ive still had to explain the necrotic affix to tanks now and then. 'heal me'. KITE. PLEASE KITE. holy shit. kill me now. do u even read the affixes. good.lord. jesus...

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    After this week's explosive/fortified/teeming, im ok with having some less loaded affixes on other weeks.

and ive still had to explain the necrotic affix to tanks now and then. 'heal me'. KITE. PLEASE KITE. holy shit. kill me now. do u even read the affixes. good.lord. jesus...
    Haha, I see the struggle man Well, for me atleast, explosive really adds a new level och gameplay. Even more when you go di**s up and pull multiple trash packs. This week was really enjoyable to me.

Deleted
    when the expansion came out i was honestly expecting them to either add a 3rd affix later in the expansion, or mix up the combinations/rotation every couple of months to keep the variation up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thullee View Post
    Well I can agree with you that it might pose an exploit problem. Ofc the dmg buff would have to have some kind of timer or in/out of combat.

Why do you say that tanks do "too much" damage? I mean damage is a key part of any pve content. I don't really share your thoughts here. Thankfully we have left the vanilla-age when we were just meat walls taking shit load of damage and more or less couldn't even quest on our own due to such low dmg output.
    If damage is everything then what's the difference between a tank and a dps? Just remove the role and skip the pretending at that point. We can remove the healer role as well while we're at it, remove any unavoidable damage and let people look after themselves so they can fully commit to their leet deepz.

Affixes aren't supposed to help you, they are supposed to hinder you. That said, in a sense Necrotic already works the way you describe, the more stacks you take, the more time you spend dealing damage to the enemy, the more damage you deal in total before you attempt a reset.

My lock with Sacrolash's Dark Strike love love loves Necrotic week

Really good point. The minute after I posted I thought of this aswell. My point was really more about adding a possibility between offensive/defensive gameplay. There is flaws, I agree with that
    They already tried something like that in MoP and the garbage dps cried that tanks (and even healers, lul) outdps-d them
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    My lock with Sacrolash's Dark Strike love love loves Necrotic week
    /salute <3

Why do you say that tanks do "too much" damage?
    It's fine for tanks to do damage, but they shouldn't be able to contend with dps specs time to time, give them anymore dmg and some tanks will be consistently keeping up with most specs on trash packs.

There's a happy medium between a meat wall that does no damage, and a meat wall that does a shit ton of damage.

Hey guys,

I feel that necrotic is a pretty boring affix. This is true for other affixes aswell but for now I'll stick with necrotic in my example.

First, I play pretty much every class that has a tank spec. Necrotic pretty much only affects me (and to some extent the healer ofc) and it dosen't really add anything to the gameplay for me. For example explosive affix is much better and add another level were you actually have to target the orbs and use single target spells.

My suggestion is that you add a +dmg% increase for every new stack of necrotic. That way you can take a couple of more stacks with the upside that you do more dmg. Since it mostly affects the tank I don't think it will be game breaking if say you get 2% dmg increase for each stack of necrotic. With 50 stacks you would then do +100% more dmg but you will most likely be dying pretty fast. The thing im after here is with this you have the choice to play more offensive even at high keys.

If I would be able to change another thing that would be to add a 3rd affix to 10+ and above. Fortified and Tyrannical is OK but kinda dull in comparison with other affixes. The 3rd affix would then be a constant bleed that bosses put on the tank.

These are my suggestions. Would do you think? What changes would you like to see in future expansions?
    Affixes are intended to make the dungeon harder, not easier. So any effect they add should not be a buff. If anything, it should decrease your damage to make it harder on you if you take too many stacks (which is supposed to be a mistake), or deal direct damage to compound on the healing reduction. The idea of this affix is to force the tank to kite mobs instead of just sitting there not caring.

Deleted

Please, kite, death knight. Kite!

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Please, kite, death knight. Kite!
    Death knight is more than capable of kiting. Tank who dies to necrotic stacks is still a bad tank. Death knight has more ways to deal with necrotic than some and can always result in kiting if needed.