Poll: Would you like more Evergreen PVP content

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Until Blizz learns to balance PvP in a reasonable fashion, it will remain a niche part of the game.
    If they managed to balance it, perfectly, it would -still- be a niche part of the game.

Like Roleplaying, most players just aren't interested, and no amount of making it "Better" will change that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    World PVP isn't popular because most people on PVE realms don't like it or don't want to bother with it. If they have an interest they can always flag up or keep a character on a PVP realm.

This isn't complicated at all. World PVP will never be much of a mainstream thing on PVE realms because people aren't interested.
    People are Interesting in PVP and world PVP, but it has been Dumbed down and ignored for that last 6 years, in Vanilla and BC I was playing way more PVP then now, even in Wrath with Wintergrasp.

Blizzard just have to make it a focus, World of Warcraft is great because of "PVE and PVP".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Unfortunately, this doesn't solve either the primary or secondary problems with WoW PvP.

The primary problem with WoW PvP is that it isn't remotely balanced. Certain classes / specs do PvP much better, and certain talents are geared explicitly towards PvP. Furthermore, even with this iteration of PvP, you are at a disadvantage compared to those with better honor talents (in the past, you'd be at a disadvantage in terms of gear).

A strong secondary problem with WoW PvP is that it isn't remotely fun. This is largely due to Blizz compensating for the primary problem by making it a game of stun, stun, interrupt, stun, and stun. While I don't mind getting stunned here and there, WoW relies on it so much that you are likely going to spend large amounts of time in any situation not able to do anything with your character. Sorry, but that just isn't fun for any player.

At this point, there are much better PvP games out there that do it right. Smite would be the closest to a WoW experience where they have a relatively well-balanced game that doesn't rely on stun, stun, interrupt, stun, and stun. I don't mind dying in Smite because I know I died due to the player (or team) on the other side being better, not because of gear, spec, or talents.

Until Blizz learns to balance PvP in a reasonable fashion, it will remain a niche part of the game.
    World PVP can never be Balance its like a Real battle ground and Real Gerrillia attacks, if you get ambushed or fight out numbered you cant possible expect that you should in that.

Also you have a 1000 items (potions, Trinket Ecc.) that supports world PVP, the Real fun behind it is to feel Scared and helpless sometimes and feel super powerful other times.

World PVP feels 10 times more like a reall War/Battle then Arena or Battlegrounds, since you never know what will get in your face.

PS: I am no Hardcore PVPer or belong to the "1 shot club" so usualy I am the one getting 1 shoted, I think its fun to see how fast you can die if you get ambushed XD

PSS: The real fun in an MMORPG is "sometimes you win.... Sometimes you lose" just like in real life ^^

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    But majority of the people on PvP servers I've been - are not there to "100% world PvP all the time". Most of the time they just want to get their world quest done and be done with it. World PvP is a niche thing.
    Exactly. Most Alliance players I see just go about their business, as do I, and when I get attacked, it's either when I'm afk at one of the woefully unguarded beacons, or when a roving group doing the same WQs kills me for the heck of it. Neither of this is what can honestly be described as "World PvP".
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    Exactly. Most Alliance players I see just go about their business, as do I, and when I get attacked, it's either when I'm afk at one of the woefully unguarded beacons, or when a roving group doing the same WQs kills me for the heck of it. Neither of this is what can honestly be described as "World PvP".
    And if the intent is to pick your fights to be very one-sided, it is a stretch to even call it PvP as it is lacking a fundamental part of the acronym there, Versus - the actual ability to respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    World PvP literally only existed in Vanilla because there was no other way to PvP.

This literally sounds like Warden towers but more annoying.
    Wrong wrong and wrong.

World PVP was active up to MoP, perhaps more so there than ever. In WOD there was some WPVP when it came to rare mob spots camping. I can't say for LEG tho.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Wrong wrong and wrong.

World PVP was active up to MoP, perhaps more so there than ever. In WOD there was some WPVP when it came to rare mob spots camping. I can't say for LEG tho.
    some people just talk with out knowing about the thing they talk of... Great to have you here friend
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Wrong wrong and wrong.

What a load of bullshit.
    It ended about a year after vanilla release. Ganking lowbies and fighting over faction bosses is not "world PvP".

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    World PvP literally only existed in Vanilla because there was no other way to PvP.

This literally sounds like Warden towers but more annoying.
    This is [literally] one of the dumbest posts I've seen.

World PvP existed well past the introduction of BGs and existed throughout all of BC even as flying mounts were added. You're full of shit and probably joined in Cataclysm or something.

Nice try at historical revisionism but the only reason World PvP isn't popular right now is because there HAS NOT BEEN ANY SUPPORT for it for years now. Their running excuse of "But it's supposed to be shit!" is pathetic and I cannot believe anyone takes it at face value.
    Last edited by Whatever Dude; 2017-10-21 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'd rather they just ignore PvP altogether and just focus on the meat of the game, PvE.
    They basically already do that.

I'm only really interested in PvP for games that have action combat.

For me, they'd have to have a completely different combat system for PvP in order for me to take a genuine interest again.

That, or queued 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Karzerus View Post
    This is [literally] one of the dumbest posts I've seen.

World PvP existed well past the introduction of BGs and existed throughout all of BC even as flying mounts were added. You're full of shit and probably joined in Cataclysm or something.

Nice try at historical revisionism but the only reason World PvP isn't popular right now is because there HAS NOT BEEN ANY SUPPORT for it for years now. Their running excuse of "But it's supposed to be shit!" is pathetic and I cannot believe anyone takes it at face value.
    There has never been any support of it after TBC.

TBC killed World PvP because of flying mounts.

I mean, sure, World PvP was alive if you considered ganking people trying to quest and killing low level players as World PvP, but stuff like Tarren Mill/Southshore Raids NEVER happened after Battlegrounds were released. It just wasn't viable and not really fun.

While I'm not a huge fan of PvP, I do enjoy some World-PvP on the side when I'm doing world content. I think something like OP's idea would be nice to give players more incentive to invade enemy cities/zones.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfrick View Post
    (Evergreen = Content that will last forever and will easily updated each Patch and/or Expansion)

PVP and world PVP have been kinda dead the last expansions.

As of now I do really think that we will get an Azeorth revamp or we will get back to azeroth in some sort of a way.

All of this ideas would scale with each expansions make these kind of Quests Evergreen content

How about this:

Make it so that in our Capital cities (Each City have different Quests) you will get Daily and Weekly PVP quests, these Quests would tell you to go and kill Faction City Guards -
    Faction City Civilians -
    Faction city "Specific important people in a specific house in side the city" -
    Faction Leaders (maybe not kill him but make it so that the Faction leaders get down to 10% and then they are rescued by Elite city guard of some sort.
    Faction World Structure Take overs

Make some sort of Small PVP Towns or PVP structures to fight for in the world, there would be a timer that would make it so that many players would go to the same Structure. (not sure what the reword would be for this. (I talk about PVP towns or Structures so that PVE players wouldn't be disturbed so mush)

Maybe make it so that the Small PVP Towns or PVP structures when Conquered by a factions would give PVE quests (this would incentivise PVE players to join in on the Slaughter ^^)

PVP structure Ideas: Faction naval ports, Faction Guard towers, Faction Barraks, Ecc...

PS: NO MORE WARDEN PVP TOWERS.... that is so lame to just make us kill NPCs... (but I agree on that there could be NPCs combined with Horde/Alliance Faction players)

How about this??? what do you think, LETS HAVE A BRAIN STORM and lets have a great PVP talk thatt these kind of things would Reinvigorate world PVP.
    Your idea falls flat on her face for one and sole reason. It demands for classes to be balanced against each other in PvP situations. This has gone way wrong for many expacs but even more so in Legion.

I would gladly discuss it if devs decide that templates will get activated on World PvP and PvE trinket effects are disabled as well. Or if they decide to scrap templates and fucking finally attempt to balance classes in PvP, without changing class abilities every shitty lil patch in order to accomodate their raid design.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What a load of bullshit.
    It ended about a year after vanilla release. Ganking lowbies and fighting over faction bosses is not "world PvP".

Yeah it is. I suppose you've lived under a rock since like 2006.

For world pvp to work they would have to do some serious balance tuning which may end up hurting pve a lot, so they probably wouldn't do it. Some classes will just stomp in world pvp while others can't do anything. For example as a shadowpriest if I meet an equal geared player there is no way I can possibly win if they are even remotely decent as the classes that can just pop a ton of cooldowns have a huge advantage over those who can't as you can easily kill people in a second or two if you're in decent gear as a burst class. Unless they are tanks of course, in which case they can't die but can still easily kill people in a few seconds.

7+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that really bothered me about world pvp in Legion was how absurd it has become. They finally said that this expansion they were all hands off, anything goes attitude about it. So now you have tanks that live forever, classes that burst you down in 2 seconds, etc.

I just wish they would finally just.. fix it. Enable pvp templates in open world when you're engaging in pvp. I don't like their stance about, "we don't want to enable pvp templates in open world pvp, because if you're doing pve and engage in pvp, it would be jarring"

World PvP in Azeroth:

Add Legion WQ System to Azeroth and give interesting rewards. Don't give them a PvE alternative like most have in Legion.