Noob Resto Question: How small is the range on Ascendance?

It says that for 15 seconds all my healing with be duplicated amongst nearby allies. Near whom? The targets of my heals? Near myself? What's the range?

Does it do anything if the tank is the only melee in a dungeon and I'm spamming heals on them with Ascendance during heavy AoE damage? Am I supposed to be a Holy Paladin and stand next to the people I want to bonus heal?

Sneaky extra question: Is Ancestral Guidance basically: 20% of all damage/healing I do for 10 seconds is sent to the two lowest friendlies within 40yds?
    Last edited by Smashley; 2017-10-19 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
    It says that for 15 seconds all my healing with be duplicated amongst nearby allies. Near whom? The targets of my heals? Near myself? What's the range?

Does it do anything if the tank is the only melee in a dungeon and I'm spamming heals on them with Ascendance during heavy AoE damage? Am I supposed to be a Holy Paladin and stand next to the people I want to bonus heal?

Sneaky extra question: Is Ancestral Guidance basically: 20% of all damage/healing I do for 10 seconds is sent to the two lowest friendlies within 40yds?
    The actual healing effect of Ascendance is called "Restorative Mists" and it has a 20 yard range from your target. Great for dungeons where you're rarely that far from anyone, situationally good in raids.

Ancestral Guidance is a smart heal yes, it used to have a 40 yard range, can't find a more current tool tip so I'll assume it still does. In raids time this with cloudburst totem. In 5 mans I personally do not use AG, since I like the consistency of crashing waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzur View Post
    The actual healing effect of Ascendance is called "Restorative Mists" and it has a 20 yard range from your target.
    Hmmm... are you sure it's from your target? I only ask because I finally tested this with a few friends of mine. I asked them to stand together and I moved a little over 20 yds away from them and hit Ascendance. I then spammed Healing Surge on one of them and ... nothing. Ascendance literally did nothing!

Then I started walking towards them and as soon as I got within 20ish yds all of them started exploding in green numbers.

So isn't it more like a Holy Paladin effect where it only gives the bonus to people within 20 yds of you and not your target?

Deleted
    20 yards from yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
    Hmmm... are you sure it's from your target? I only ask because I finally tested this with a few friends of mine. I asked them to stand together and I moved a little over 20 yds away from them and hit Ascendance. I then spammed Healing Surge on one of them and ... nothing. Ascendance literally did nothing!

Then I started walking towards them and as soon as I got within 20ish yds all of them started exploding in green numbers.

So isn't it more like a Holy Paladin effect where it only gives the bonus to people within 20 yds of you and not your target?
    That was from the spell link on wowhead, but it's an old one. I only ever run that talent in dungeons where range is not usually an issue.