Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I really hope they dont do what they did to thousand needles with Ungoro...Ungoro is one of my most favorite zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Sounds less than credible.
    That's actually the most credible explanation.

Because Un'goro is below sea level.

Blizzard copy+pasted the silithus map segment into the scenario and then either layed in a basic water level to cover the borders of silithus and didn't bother with un'goro, as no one would see it, or the copy+pasted segment of the map came with water and they didn't bother to cut the water out of un'goro.

You can see a similar thing if you get to the shore of sholazar in isle of conquest. The water level of the ocean continues right on into sholazar basin and fills it up.

Exploring around outside map boundaries turns up things like this quite often. most of the time maps will have no water outside of where you're supposed to go.

Ergo, there's no lore reason. It's just a time-saving maneuver from Blizzard.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Old news, someone suggested weeks ago that it was just the way it is with that kind of map. Surroundings get flooded for a reason, and I don't remember what it is precisely.
    Something about phasing and cutting out only a portion of the map to reduce rendering load time (this is mostly for the devs building on the map).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    its just Un'goro without the trees covering remember a lot of the zone is actually swampy
    No, no it is now
    A. why does the water spill into silithus?

also that area on the map is not water on the live client...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That's actually the most credible explanation.

Because Un'goro is below sea level.

Blizzard copy+pasted the silithus map segment into the scenario and then either layed in a basic water level to cover the borders of silithus and didn't bother with un'goro, as no one would see it, or the copy+pasted segment of the map came with water and they didn't bother to cut the water out of un'goro.

You can see a similar thing if you get to the shore of sholazar in isle of conquest. The water level of the ocean continues right on into sholazar basin and fills it up.

Exploring around outside map boundaries turns up things like this quite often. most of the time maps will have no water outside of where you're supposed to go.

Ergo, there's no lore reason. It's just a time-saving maneuver from Blizzard.
    this does seem possible as the water area in uldum is dry because it is above sea level
    but it doesent explain why the water goes so high up into silithus
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    But they already have the entire world, why change or edit anything to anything other than the section you are working on? Maybe my ignorance is showing idk.
    They didn't edit it. That's why it's under water.

Like I explained: to make the scenario, Blizzard needs to take part of the map and drop it into a blank map. So they copy a huge square chunk of silithus and drop it into a new map. WITHIN that giant copied chunk of silithus is part of un'goro, part of uldum, and part of the ocean bordering silithus on the western side. This wasn't intentional or meaningful, it just got caught up in the ctrl+copy.

Silithus has an ocean around it. So Blizzard dropped in a flat sea level to comprise that ocean within the scenario. But BECAUSE un'goro is BELOW sea level normally, the sea level they dropped in covers it.

But because Un'goro isn't to be seen in the scenario, they didn't bother removing the water from it in the scenario map.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    No, no it is now
    A. why does the water spill into silithus?

also that area on the map is not water on the live client...

this does seem possible as the water area in uldum is dry because it is above sea level
    but it doesent explain why the water goes so high up into silithus
    Because that ramp up into silithus is below sea level and very likely will not be reachable in the scenario.

That's all that matters here. It's literally a copy paste of silithus and a little bit of un'goro that got caught in the copy paste.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Sounds less than credible.
    Well, believe what you want, but as others said it's just a random thing.

But they already have the entire world, why change or edit anything to anything other than the section you are working on? Maybe my ignorance is showing idk.
    Because they would need to mirror the entire world for a scenario, and the instance-server are not made for this.

Also as you see at the conclusion of the event, the map of silithus shows that un'goro is NOT underwater.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2017-10-20 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    So, we all know that the 7.3 Magni/Azeroth Hearth scenario takes place in Silithus, as someone datamined a while ago, but now, looking at the map of the scenario, can someone tell me why is Un'goro completly underwater?

And I know this isn't the final version of Silithus, because in the newest 7.3.2 built, the path to Silithus isn't filled with water, as it is in this map.

http://marlamin.com/minimaps/maps/7....ngScenario.png
    I often hear that the Magni scenario takes place in Silithus but do I get something wrong here?... I thought the scenario takes place in the Sholazar Basin in Northrend?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverCoin View Post
    I often hear that the Magni scenario takes place in Silithus but do I get something wrong here?... I thought the scenario takes place in the Sholazar Basin in Northrend?
    In sholazar, you enter a scenario, it's like going into a dungeon, but you don't see it, because of the 'flawless scenario transitions' blizzard implemented in WoD.

And inside the scenario, you are somewhere beneath the instanced version of Silithus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Il'gynoth: "Her heart is a crater, and we have filled it."

Un'Goro is/was the heart of life on Azeroth that was basically Eonar the Lifebinder's playground.
    Wellll THAT actually explains alot about it(the heart part i mean)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ticj View Post
    I really hope they dont do what they did to thousand needles with Ungoro...Ungoro is one of my most favorite zones.
    I already hate the removal of nintendoland their.

15+ Year Old Account
    Considering that the location was only used for a scenario, it might simply have been easier to remove that portion of the map than to try and load in a bunch of extra assets. Also this is just the minimap texture, which means anything not meant to be seen by players didn't really need to be included in the render.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Considering that the location was only used for a scenario, it might simply have been easier to remove that portion of the map than to try and load in a bunch of extra assets. Also this is just the minimap texture, which means anything not meant to be seen by players didn't really need to be included in the render.
    This is exactly it. There isn't even any way to see this in game.
    There's no lore reason for this, it's just the way that cropping part of the map to make the scenario worked.