[Spoilers] Possible feature we might see in the next expansion

I've been speculating quite a bit recently and I think that I may actually be onto something. I'm probably wrong, don't get me wrong but I thought I'd share.
    I believe Blizzard has tested out a concept they wanted to integrate on a bigger scale into their next expansion during the last patch of their current expansion quite a few times in the past. Think this was the case with the Timeless Isle as well, to some degree. I think that's exactly what they're doing with the Teleportation Beacons. You can't really get from one zone on Argus to another without using these. I think this'll be integral to the next expansion.

I believe we'll have our own ship, which will serve as our base of operations, and it'll be used to get from one zone to the other. The zones will all be islands. To further back up this idea, from leaks, we already know that Kul Tiras will be a zone in the next expansion, Kul Tiras being an island. To add onto this, there's a few more zones that we can expect in the next expansion.

Tel'Abim. Muffinus was chatting shit on Twitter about how every single speculation thread has to include Tel'Abim, an island known only for having bananas. And took those memes pretty far. So I'll be fairly disappointed if they don't come true, it just seems to fit in so perfectly.

Another place we're very likely to see in the next expansion is Nazjatar. Sargeras ends up stabbing Azeroth in 7.3, making a massive hole, and, as Khadgar points out, many factions will be fighting for possession of the blood of Azeroth. And, as we all remember, the blood of Azeroth was what made the Well of Eternity in the first place. The Well of Eternity being deeply tied to the Night Elven Empire, with Queen Azshara as the ruler. Queen Azshara and the Well of Eternity have such close ties that I'm almost one hundred percent sure that Queen Azshara will play a role in the next expansion, which means Nazjatar probably will as well. And, quite frankly, we won't really casually be walking to Nazjatar, we'll need a ship to get there. I think you see where this is going.

Dragon Isles. This being a part of the next expansion seems pretty likely. They're a pretty old concept and will most likely change quite a bit (as a matter of fact, we basically know nothing about Dragon Isles right now), but, in my opinion, Dragon Isles will show up in the next expansion and will have deep ties to the Dragons themselves, which would make sense considering the fact that Ion literally confirmed them having a part in the next expansion.

Other than that, Kezan and Zandalar all make sense to be a part of the next expansion. Both of which are islands. Which I think further reinforces the idea that we'll have a ship which we'll use to get from one zone to another.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    I believe we'll have our own ship, which will serve as our base of operations, and it'll be used to get from one zone to the other. The zones will all be islands. To further back up this idea, from leaks, we already know that Kul Tiras will be a zone in the next expansion, Kul Tiras being an island. To add onto this, there's a few more zones that we can expect in the next expansion.
    Do we really know, though? You are confusing "will be" for "could be"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Build our own weapons. Literally the only thing they could do to make is give up our Artifacts.

The netherlight crucible will pretty much 100% be how artifact weapons work next expansion. You'll slowly unlock an actually mini skill tree and spend points on traits in it. Hopefully they learn the random part is annoying though.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Do we really know, though? You are confusing "will be" for "could be"
    Well, with all the hints it's pretty much a "will be" and no "could be". Jaina key art and Kul'Tiras set datamined are hard facts that make it much more likely than unlikely.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I think adding teleportation was an obvious thing, as early days of Legion shown it as one of the biggest flaws, or rather outdated mechanics - traveling time often took as long as completing a quest you were after. So after a day, you could honestly say you spent half your time watching your toon flying an uncontrollable mount.

As for Vindicaar, that seems like something they would implement, but I dread the idea it would be in this state.
    So many time I've just fallen through the ship to my death, only to appear at a spirit healer with no other option than rez and get the 10 minute timeout and the obligatory repair bill.
    Another issue is the appearance (or more like non-apeparance) of different NPCs, sometimes Illidan is on board, sometimes he's fighting fel bats, sometimes Alleria is fighting demons, sometimes she's on board etc. You need to go through all the parking spots to find one where the NPC you need is spawned. Not good design and definitely something they would need to fix.

RNG Crucible is also something I can imagine, but instead of relics, we will be tossing actual weapons in it.

As for the story, who cares, it's a steaming pile of shit now anyway, but hey, they can always try.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, with all the hints it's pretty much a "will be" and no "could be". Jaina key art and Kul'Tiras set datamined are hard facts that make it much more likely than unlikely.
    Though it is highly likely I am still unconvinced. Too many times has Blizzard made us to be fools.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    As for Vindicaar, that seems like something they would implement, but I dread the idea it would be in this state.
    So many time I've just fallen through the ship to my death, only to appear at a spirit healer with no other option than rez and get the 10 minute timeout and the obligatory repair bill.
    I have never ever fallen through the ship and God knows I played too much of all the Argus shit.

5+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i wouldn't be surprised to see the insta-travel become more of a thing in the next expansion. It would be a smart way to deal with spread out end level content and not get that cata-fatigue ppl complained about.

Do i think porting everywhere would get kinda boring for a bunch of zones? Uhh, yea.

Long flight paths used to be (and still are) the indicator that 'its time to get up and take a break'... so.. who knows.

Loot boxes in store for random cosmetic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    I have never ever fallen through the ship and God knows I played too much of all the Argus shit.
    Same here and that's pretty much all I do these days, waiting for the new raid to come out.