Deleted

Arcane - Mana Pooling and Stat Budgets

So during the last week i have been gearing my mage up to raid with in Antorus, got lucky and received the class ring as my 3rd legendary (Got prydaz and belo'vir as 1st and 2nd) But i still have questions regarding mana and stats.

I'd like some personal input on how you are doing your burst rotation, how long it lasts and how you handle your mana after your first Evo.

I'd also like some input on stat budgeting. Is vers absolute #1 or should i go for a balanced stat sheet while gemming and enchanting vers?

Any answer is appreciated.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 7.2.5 guide over at Altered Time is still relevant, and is a great place to get details on the spec.
    https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=3&t=4569

When I play arcane, I typically burn mana as fast as I can off the pull, and avoid taking longer than 45 sec before using Evo. I try to hover around 50-75% mana during conserve (depending on encounter requirements) and save a minimum of 50% for my burn phase, which last about 20-30 seconds each.

With the exception of my opener, I don't "time" my burns, I go by my mana. You want to keep a minimum amount of mana equal to the mana you can burn during your Arcane Power. Anything more is a buffer, any less is a DPS loss. You'll have to get a feel for it, since the rate you can burn mana is effected by a tonne of factors.

Stats are best kept balanced. They have complex interactions with each other that makes it very difficult to say "Just stack Vers" or anything like that with certainty. Sim your character, that's the only way to know for sure.