Server Consolidation

I'm not quite sure why, but since the server merges I've always found it more pleasing to see players from my own server, and had a tiny annoyance seeing "-Sever X" after someones name. This feeling is most likely due to the tight community each server had back in Vanilla.

Now I think the server merges were a wonderful idea to populate the world more, but I feel like they can take it a step further by consolidating the servers even more, and give these server groups a whole new name entirely. For example I play, Magtheridon, Ysondre, Anetheron, and Altar of Storms. I feel like it could create more of a tighter community if this server group was consolidated into one single new name. With new technology, I'm sure it's possible to even take this a step further and bring even more servers together, greatly decreasing the overall number of servers, though I don't know if that really would be beneficial.

I understand people have close ties to their specific server name and it could cause an uproar, but I personally think it would be an idea worth exploring. What do you guys think?

Deleted
    Playing on Emerald Dream EU, I actually /wave at people from my server, as I hardly ever see any!

My only dislike of this is that as I am someone who loves going around collecting old things for transmog or old reputations for mounts, if there are even more people camping those spots it just adds to frustration. I literally can never get my Sha'tari Skyguard rep because everything is constantly dead.

I WANT A SHOT AT DOOMWALKER! He basically doesn't exist for me anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it can work if we are able to choose our own shards(channels) to go to.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

Deleted
    I'd be happy if they connected my abandoned little server to something, anything.
    A single bag of potatoes would be better than our current situation.

But they didn't even bother to finish the job they started with connected realms, so I don't know why they'd bother doing anything more.

It would be superawesome if battle groups could be consolidated into one "megaserver". I like the idea, just not sure Blizzard likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    I'd be happy if they connected my abandoned little server to something, anything.
    A single bag of potatoes would be better than our current situation.

But they didn't even bother to finish the job they started with connected realms, so I don't know why they'd bother doing anything more.

It would be superawesome if battle groups could be consolidated into one "megaserver". I like the idea, just not sure Blizzard likes it.
    I'd love to see battle groups return as megaservers, but still of course would like to que against other teams outside of the battlegroup. This could really improve in game communities.