Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It is kind of cool, but I don't know know if it is really worth the effort. It should be account wide option if you have to do a bunch of quests for it.

/shrug

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    What if the in-game shop will sells lootboxes?
    - Some gray trash that can be sold for 10g each (50% of drops are these)
    - New "cool" paints! you can leave your mark in azeroth!
    - Curious Coins!
    - Random transmorg items! (45% of drops are these)
    - Random faction reputation token!
    - Random battle pets!
    - AP (or whatevs the next expac equivalent is) tokens!
    - and the new sub race skins! (these have a minimal chance of dropping ofc)

Buy a lootbox right now! For €3.50/box!!1
    naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    Yes but a mere appareance change is not comparable to a class change.
    Yeah, appearance changes should go through the login interface (create character/race change) or through the barbershop.
    Some races would have no way to change into another's sub race lorewise anyway.

Should just be a questline thing imo where you learn a little more about the race and why they are in the horde/alliance.

No loot boxes. This would result into 'p2w', which is a no-go in a p2p game. Blitz isn't stupid
    Only possible lootboxes in p2p are cosmetic nature

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    No loot boxes. This would result into 'p2w', which is a no-go in a p2p game. Blitz isn't stupid
    Only possible lootboxes in p2p are cosmetic nature
    Sub races essentially are just cosmetic though. It's just a different skin/tweaked model. The character would still play the same.
    Not that I'm in favor of any type of store bought lootboxes in a sub game anyway.

The lootbox poster said something about AP/not cosmetic stuff, that's what I've meant

store loot crates would kill WoW. Sure the diehards will still play, the rest would unsub. Loot crates in wow would blow up in Blizzard's face faster than Real ID on the forums. Mike Morhaime had to comment on the forums from his honeymoon to tell the community Real ID wasn't going through.

As people stated. No other game will kill WoW but WoW itself.

I would be totally fine with unlocking class-specific stuff like new hairstyles, piercings, tattoos, warpaints etc. via achievements and quests. I'm surprised they haven't introduced anything like that yet.

"Subrace" on the other hand, feels like something that should be there from the start.

It wouldn't make sense though...

Unlocking earrings, haircuts, dance moves or whatever would be fine tho.

In before the next wow "mage tower" unlocks subraces instead of weapon skins!

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedyOcelot View Post
    What if the in-game shop will sells lootboxes?
    - Some gray trash that can be sold for 10g each (50% of drops are these)
    - New "cool" paints! you can leave your mark in azeroth!
    - Curious Coins!
    - Random transmorg items! (45% of drops are these)
    - Random faction reputation token!
    - Random battle pets!
    - AP (or whatevs the next expac equivalent is) tokens!
    - and the new sub race skins! (these have a minimal chance of dropping ofc)

Buy a lootbox right now! For €3.50/box!!1
    I would not even be slightly surprised if something like this actually happened.

I like the idea of questing to unlock, but it would make it hard RP'ers, eg for orc's you have always been green skinned, but now the have discovered your heritage from Draenor and suddenly become brown. kinda a hard thing to buy into

Fun idea though, would work for things like the void elf

Deleted
    But orcs don't have the demons blood any more. There's nothing to remove. They're just scarred by it basically. Also what about taunka and dark iron etc. Actual ethnic groups. Can't change them....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    store loot crates would kill WoW. Sure the diehards will still play, the rest would unsub. Loot crates in wow would blow up in Blizzard's face faster than Real ID on the forums. Mike Morhaime had to comment on the forums from his honeymoon to tell the community Real ID wasn't going through.

As people stated. No other game will kill WoW but WoW itself.
    I'm not so sure - the psychology of gambling (what lootcrates really are) is well studied and well exploited - human brain is hacked, these companies know exactly how to implement them. Just look at the discussions they've had about Overwatch lootboxes 'feeling satisfying' to open. Car manufacturers put in effort to make the door closing sounds 'signal status and quality'.

WoW loot boxes would make Blizzard a killing - they would not be implemented quite as blatantly obviously like I made it sound, but I really wouldn't be too surprised if this was one of the features they're going to sneak in at BlizzCon.

For us special forum snowflakes - yes, we'd probably rage and some of us would probably write a long post about quitting here - and the rest would just buy their loot crates like gambling addicts they already are.