Deleted

Disc - what do you track?

Hey guys,

What would you track, as MINIMUM(tmw/WA).

Im new Disc and I like to perform in Arena and OS for raiding.

I don't believe a complete overview of cds/buffs/debuffs will help me(in fact I hate clustering). What I believe is to track very few but crucial things.

So, what would you recommend tracking?

Thanks.

Deleted
    PW:S and Penance CD and DBM/BigWigs timers so you can keep your most efficient HPS/DPS going on and time up your burst healing for big boss mechanics.

For Arena you probably want to see enemy buffs and debuff and interrupt CDs

For raiding specifically I would put emphasis on these:
    Number of atonements currently up
    PW:R charges with cooldown
    LW, SF/MB and Evangelism cooldowns

Tbh if you don't track either of those you'll be sort of lost in your CD planning unless you write every usage up ahead of time. You can't heal reactively and expect to get anything out of disc in raids like you can in PvP. I track Penance, PW:S, PW:B, Rapture and Velen with WA's as well, along with less prominent trackers for fade, dispel, mass dispel and angelic feather.

Deleted
    Noted. Thanks guys.

How about Holy?

Any experience to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    Noted. Thanks guys.

How about Holy?

Any experience to share?
    When a button lights up, you hit it.

Not far from the truth. PoM, and both Holy Words on CD.

You can track the Sanctify buff to churn out PoH's, but most likely you'll chain 2x right after Sanc.
    Last edited by nicbizz; 2017-10-24 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nicbizz View Post
    When a button lights up, you hit it.

Not far from the truth. PoM, and both Holy Words on CD.
    Really?

I like to track something...:/

Really?

You'll want to track PoM and cast it on CD as a general rule of thumb (does a ton of work in the background). If you keep delaying it for 5-10 seconds you'll miss out on more healing than you'd think (PoM direct healing, EoL and Renew through Benediction). The bulk of your actual healing done (besides EoL from mastery) will usually come from HW:Sanctify and HW:Serenity, so tracking those and casting on CD (whenever they won't overheal tons or are needed for specific incoming mechanics) is generally a good idea. For dungeons you might want to track Light of T'uure CD since it's a huge healing increase on a single target.

It might also be useful to track things such as Divinity (6s 15% healing increase after healing with a Holy Word) and Power of the Naaru (24% healing increase on PoH after casting HW:Sanctify to know when you should cast PoH.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    You'll want to track PoM and cast it on CD as a general rule of thumb (does a ton of work in the background). If you keep delaying it for 5-10 seconds you'll miss out on more healing than you'd think (PoM direct healing, EoL and Renew through Benediction). The bulk of your actual healing done (besides EoL from mastery) will usually come from HW:Sanctify and HW:Serenity, so tracking those and casting on CD (whenever they won't overheal tons or are needed for specific incoming mechanics) is generally a good idea. For dungeons you might want to track Light of T'uure CD since it's a huge healing increase on a single target.

It might also be useful to track things such as Divinity (6s 15% healing increase after healing with a Holy Word) and Power of the Naaru (24% healing increase on PoH after casting HW:Sanctify to know when you should cast PoH.
    Ufff, thats a whole lot of info. Thanks!

Basicly, Holy is about using stuff on CD?

Really?

You could track stuff, but honestly, its redundant since there's very little interaction between our skills. We're not a CD stacking class.

Blessing of T'uure is 20 secs, but completely random, your priorities won't change much because of it.

Divinity is 6 sec after a Holy Word, uptime is high given how much we use our HWs, so again you can treat it like a passive.

Sanc leaves another 15 sec buff that enhances PoH - this is worth putting up a TMW/WA if you like, generally you want to do 2x PoH (as needed) right after Sanc, and use sparingly otherwise.

Before Hymn, hit either HW for Divinity, then stand still and pray for 8 secs.

And oh yes, maybe something to track duration of Apotheosis, if being Shining Jesus isn't indication enough

I think Holy is the newbie friendly healer for Legion. It's straightforward, reactive, and throughputs good. One long CD, hit when times are bad. Contrast that with a druid/disc where the number of HoTs/Atonements matters, or Holy Pally, which is all about chaining CD's.

For the absolute basics, Power Word: Shield and Penance for Disc, PoM and both Holy Words for Holy. That's really basic, but it's surprising how many people don't even do the basics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post

Quick question:

Do you track PoM on CD or PoM if the target has the buff(and is there any other spell that would make sense to track like "if its on target")?

Thanks.

Quick question:

Do you track PoM on CD or PoM if the target has the buff(and is there any other spell that would make sense to track like "if its on target")?

Thanks.
    I track the PoM cooldown with a Weakaura and PoM as a buff on my raid frames (along with renew and guardian spirit). PoM stacks up to 10 (5 per cast) so you can apply it twice on the same target without any major drawback. The only downside of doing so is that during Divine Hymn you'll have one less PoM bouncing around healing and leaving renews (with Benediction talented).

No one mentioned Shadow Word: Pain / Purge the Wicked for Disc, but you should track that too.

To be honest I have a TellMeWhen for almost every CD, including things like Fade and Life Grip. The most important ones are obviously the core abilities (Penance, PW:S, PW:R), but knowing whether an ability is on CD can always be useful information.

I don’t personally track Atonement count because I find it pretty easy to eyeball it on the raid frames. The exact number isn’t important as long as you know that you have 17+ out and should be going ham until they fall off.

On top of things already mentioned, i also found a weakaura on wagoio that tells me how many of my atonement targets will benefit from smite healing, wich seems redudant as you already see their actual healthbars on the frames, but its helpful during those chaotic moments to not waste mana/gcd (apologies if this was already mentioned, glanced quickly)