Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Honestly buffing cobra shot by 75-150% would probably be enough to make BM raid viable.
    A buff like this would be really overpowered and could even result in us forgoing kill command for cobra shot.

For my hunter, kill command deals only around double the damage of cobra shot per use (on average) with aotb included. If you got 3x ss relics, cs even costs 13% less focus than kc, so by taking stampede and having thar, cs could have a higher value than kc per focus and result in higher overall dps (and that's with the 75% buff)

Even if not, a 75% buff to cs would buff our dps waaay too much for st (as Angrox stated already)

Quote Originally Posted by Angrox View Post
    Ya they surely are poorely designed for the raid in terms of aoe as it's usually never grouped cleave.
    How would you suggest they fix this issue without a class design change?.
    Cobra shot and Multi-shot now apply serpent sting.

Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Angrox View Post
    Short: nah

Long: off a random vari parse, it would buff my dps from 1.8mil to (75%) 2.16mil - (150%) 2.5mil

like a 20% increase would be dope but i think unfair to caster classes
    20% would be way too low. Bm needs to be strong at either aoe or single target to justify it's use in raids - obviously it can't do both or they'd have to rename the class to "warlock". That being said due to the nature of the spec and reliance on pets, single target makes way more sense, meaning a *large* buff to single target damage. I propose cs just to shift some of your dps reliance from the pet to yourself, but a smaller buff to both kc and cs would accomplish the same thing. It shouldn't be a conservative buff, though - bm is in a pretty terrible comparitive spot atm.

The idea of what's "fair" to caster classes is honestly BS. Hunters have been in the top DPS with great mobility for many years, it shouldn't be accepted that this is all of a sudden a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Blizz just needs to fix the formula on how BM scales with weapon damage. All the other suggestions are short term fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    20% would be way too low. Bm needs to be strong at either aoe or single target to justify it's use in raids - obviously it can't do both or they'd have to rename the class to "warlock". That being said due to the nature of the spec and reliance on pets, single target makes way more sense, meaning a *large* buff to single target damage. I propose cs just to shift some of your dps reliance from the pet to yourself, but a smaller buff to both kc and cs would accomplish the same thing. It shouldn't be a conservative buff, though - bm is in a pretty terrible comparitive spot atm.

The idea of what's "fair" to caster classes is honestly BS. Hunters have been in the top DPS with great mobility for many years, it shouldn't be accepted that this is all of a sudden a problem.
    bm's capability to move alot without nerfings its dps makes it alot more viable on ST fights with heavy movement as opposed to mm.
    This is my first xpac raiding and honestly this balancing makes sense tbh. Might just be used to ye olde times where balancing wasn't the same.
    Most prog ST fights i'd play BM just cos its much easier to learn the mechanics whilst your rotation and movement are so easy. Then reclear as MM as u get more comfortable with timings. Or that's what i'd do. Imonar and Vari are probs only ones i'd prog as MM - haven't looked at argus yet.

Cobra Shot (New) Cobra Shot deals 100% increased damage. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec.
    Cobra Shot (New) Cobra Shot's cost is reduced by 10. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec.

How do we feel about this?
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Cobra Shot (New) Cobra Shot deals 100% increased damage. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec.
    Cobra Shot (New) Cobra Shot's cost is reduced by 10. Hunter - Beast Mastery Spec.

How do we feel about this?
    The new PTR notes mean no effective damage changes for BM at level 110.
    540% wpn damage -> 270% weapon damage with a 100% modifier are the exact same.
    40 focus cost -> 50 focus cost for non BM (aka 1-10) and 50-10 = 40 for BM, so also the exact same.
    It is more than likely a change to make the leveling from 1-10 (where you have cobra shot) less one-shotty.
    Also see Raptor Strike change which is similiar.

TL;DR: NOTHING CHANGES SORRY(edited)

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    The new PTR notes mean no effective damage changes for BM at level 110.
    540% wpn damage -> 270% weapon damage with a 100% modifier are the exact same.
    40 focus cost -> 50 focus cost for non BM (aka 1-10) and 50-10 = 40 for BM, so also the exact same.
    It is more than likely a change to make the leveling from 1-10 (where you have cobra shot) less one-shotty.
    Also see Raptor Strike change which is similiar.

TL;DR: NOTHING CHANGES SORRY(edited)
    So this is neither a better stats scaling?

wtf are these guys smoking, i want to smoke same thing too. Why couldnt they throw at least table scrapa which as 5% flat dmg to the lowest dps spec in game ? This very point i believe they started to trolling us. Lowest aoe dmg, braindead useless tier bonuses, pet pathing problems, scaling issues and nothing goes on buffing spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Juther View Post
    So this is neither a better stats scaling?
    ...No. 5*10 = 50. 10*5 = 50. End result is the same. It's how numbers work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayagurcu View Post
    wtf are these guys smoking, i want to smoke same thing too. Why couldnt they throw at least table scrapa which as 5% flat dmg to the lowest dps spec in game ? This very point i believe they started to trolling us. Lowest aoe dmg, braindead useless tier bonuses, pet pathing problems, scaling issues and nothing goes on buffing spec.
    Lowest damage that actually gets taken to every kind of high end content*. There's more BM hunters doing mythic than shadow priests, and spriest is a top 5 spec. Clearly BM doesn't have issues actually seeing playtime. If they are still being taken more than a top-5 spec despite their damage, buffing the damage seems excessive.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2018-01-05 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    ...No. 5*10 = 50. 10*5 = 50. End result is the same. It's how numbers work.

Lowest damage that actually gets taken to every kind of high end content*. There's more BM hunters doing mythic than shadow priests, and spriest is a top 5 spec. Clearly BM doesn't have issues actually seeing playtime. If they are still being taken more than a top-5 spec despite their damage, buffing the damage seems excessive.
    It's not at all excessive to buff the worst performing spec to be competitive mid-pack. The fact that people still play it and get to do content is a non-sequitur to whether it is not tuned appropriately. Other classes also complete content, yet still do significantly better. Completing content doesn't mean it's okay to perform significantly worse while participating. Nor does it feel particularly good, which matters in a game that is inherently competitive. People want to feel like they contribute and not be carried because they picked the wrong spec at the start screen. It is not unreasonable to be mid-pack competitive with peers regardless if you still can do high end content. That's lazy development. If it is okay to be bad because you still can see content, then balance need almost never happen, since most classes see content except in the most extreme case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    You're usually a voice of reason on these forums, but I gotta say, you're way off base with this argument. Comparing one of the most played specs to one of the least played specs and using raid representation is just silly. BM Hunters see high-end content because there are tons of people who like the class and spec, and since 99.999% of guilds aren't forcing spec choice on players, they get into raids to see that content. My semi-casual 2-day mythic guild - which is nothing special at 4/11 at this point - brings up to 3 BM Hunters to raids, because that's what folks have invested in (AP, legendaries, etc.) and that's what folks like to play. I'm sure everyone would much prefer we do more damage, but since we're not really pushing content, it's sort of a moot point. And this is reality for 99% of the playerbase.

Furthermore, the representation argument doesn't even matter. Who cares if BM is seeing 100% of the content? The spec STILL needs a damage boost, particularly in AoE. There's no arguing that.