Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    What does that have to do with whether the decision is being made based on morality? Moral disputes are not the reason why the licensing agreements were suspended.
    Moral?. Those guys have no morals. They don't even care that the chinese government is going to regulate and check their product. They only care about money. And Bobby was the one that destroyed that deal with china (the only good thing he ever did).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Altmer View Post
    Moral?. Those guys have no morals. They don't even care that the chinese government is going to regulate and check their product. They only care about money. And Bobby was the one that destroyed that deal with china (the only good thing he ever did).
    What is it with you never actually answering the question? And then taking something else out of the context to comment on? You do this a lot in your replies to people.

I also look at the news here in MMO Champ just to check how the game is doing....But the game itself is not really worth paying the price of the subs to do what?. M+, Raids and more of that boring content in DF?. No thanks.
    Same here.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if Chinese players will get their stuff back.

If you are saying they don't care about morals and only want to make money, then you're agreeing with Relapses statements you were replying to.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, since it doesn't seem to have to do with anything the quoted statements you were replying to.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2024-03-18 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Same here.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if Chinese players will get their stuff back.
    I think, that during the time they turned off the servers, they said something like "we would save people data, in case we return to china". So, I think they will get their accounts back. I bet they were ready for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    If you are saying they don't care about morals and only want to make money, then you're agreeing with Relapses statements you were replying to.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, since it doesn't seem to have to do with anything the quoted statements you were replying to.
    China = BAD.
    Nothing more than just that. And that Activision/Blizzard couldn't stay the f*** away from china money.
    Nothing more to say about that.

Nothing more than just that.
    I think that's the point here. You're literally saying nothing more than that.

I don't think anyone has disputed Chinese companies stealing technology and American corporations loving money. Everyone already knows this, you're preaching to the crowd.

It was just confusing that you chose Relapses' statement to quote and reply to just to say something unrelated that everyone is already aware of.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2024-03-18 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I find it strange Netease didnt just take their game and run it for themselfs for free.
    they would lose the respect of the business world for stealing. lol
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It is easy to ignore. They were doing just fine with out it. They have no integrity or regard for human life.
    Outside of maybe a few European nations you are pretty much describing every government across the globe, and I doubt even those more progressive Euro nations are wholly innocent of causing suffering.
    He/Him

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Should not be "thats why they are going back"? If they were doing fine without it, why go back to neatease? it could not be, but the way i see is that it hurt their pocket more than they though it would, and after this they they decided to make a deal.
    I don't think it's Netease, per say. It's more appropriate to think of it like this: there are very few options as far as companies in China which specialize in doing everything Blizzard needs to be done for WoW to function in their country, and Netease already knows how to do all of it.

China accounted for 6% of WoW's profit when it was live there. Like, dramatically less than most people assume. I'm not even making this number up.

It's also the relationship between Netease and Microsoft. It's not just the relationship between Netease and what was Activision-Blizzard.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Outside of maybe a few European nations you are pretty much describing every government across the globe, and I doubt even those more progressive Euro nations are wholly innocent of causing suffering.
    We do be livin' in a society. But to be fair, I'm a fucking commie and even I raise my eyebrow at China's Uyghur re-education camps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    It's also the relationship between Netease and Microsoft. It's not just the relationship between Netease and what was Activision-Blizzard.
    The holding company for Activision-Blizzard still exists and Kotick was previously the CEO; given the wording of this statement reflecting talks starting almost immediately after his departure, I really don't think MS factors into the mechanics of this specific deal outside of being the impetus for Kotick leaving in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    The holding company for Activision-Blizzard still exists and Kotick was previously the CEO; given the wording of this statement reflecting talks starting almost immediately after his departure, I really don't think MS factors into the mechanics of this specific deal outside of being the impetus for Kotick leaving in the first place.
    Microsoft has complete control over what was Activision-Blizzard. If they want to make the puppet dance to help their relationship with Netease, what's to stop them?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Microsoft has complete control over what was Activision-Blizzard. If they want to make the puppet dance to help their relationship with Netease, what's to stop them?
    I'm not saying you're wrong per se; I just don't think this specific deal had much to do with MS is all.

We do be livin' in a society. But to be fair, I'm a fucking commie and even I raise my eyebrow at China's Uyghur re-education camps.
    Yeah, China does do some very shitty things. But, to be fair, I doubt the people in Palestine are that worried about China's treatment of a portion of it's population when the bombs killing their families say "Made in the USA" on them.

That's really my only point, we Americans (and others) can't really stand in moral judgment of other countries given our own many transgressions. Yeah, it's possible to hate what your country does AND another country's actions, but rarely do people take their own government to task for its treatment of others.

I just always stay aware of the fact that, by not revolting, the population of China tacitly accepts their government's actions. And so do we. That's why China-hate always bugs me, it's like "look at yourself first".
    He/Him

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying you're wrong per se; I just don't think this specific deal had much to do with MS is all.
    the new deal? I mean if it had to pass through them to get approval then yeah it did. Microsoft own them, any deals they make since whenever the takeover was finalised is rubber stamped by them, which I imagine includes this one

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post

Almost nobody is as bad as China is in terms of countries Blizzard does business with.