Poll: Which Warcraft 3 hero units should become a WoW Hero Class? Three votes

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Which Warcraft 3 hero units would you like to play in WoW?

some of these options are quite rediculous to use as hero-classes.

Archmage, Blood Mage > mage

Mountain King, Tauren Chieftan > Warrior

Far Seer > Shaman

Dread Lord, Crypt Lord, Firelord, Pit Lord, Naga Sea Witch, Pandaren Brewmaster, Lich(yeah) > wouldn't fit any race currently in the game.

Keeper of the grove > Druid

Priestess of the Moon > Priest

Beastmaster, Ranger > Hunter

Dark Knight > Death Knight

Lets see, that leaves me with

Blademaster, Shadow Hunter, Demon Hunter, Warden, Dark Ranger, Goblin Tinker/Alchemist.

Goblin Tinker/Alchemist is basically a Engineer or Alchemist, so lets rule those out.

Blademaster, Demon Hunter, Warden, maybe, but i doubt it.

Dark Ranger / Shadow Hunter, nope

Possibly a Blademaster, personally i like the Runemaster (was that what he was called?) more, the rest of these just dont seem to fit.

I know i kinda went offtopic here, since its what wc3 heroes id like to play were talking about, i just wanted to come with a more realistic POV.

Don't Fwoosh me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaz89
    some of these options are quite rediculous to use as hero-classes.
    I know i kinda went offtopic here, since its what wc3 heroes id like to play were talking about, i just wanted to come with a more realistic POV.
    I believe in two things...

1) That NEARLY all WC3 Hero Classes are can be linked to current Race/Spec/Class combinations (Blademaster would be Arm Orc Warrior, Lich would be Undead Frost Mage, ect.)

2) The next hero class is going to be one with the ability to heal, DPS (most likely ranged), and a (EXTREMLY) low chance to tank. They will also probally be from the RPG also. Also it will have to be playable to more than two races.

So counting RPG and WC3 Heroes we have...

Runemaster
    Dragonsworn (I wrote an article about this)

Just about everything else that could have fallen into this category could be linked to a Priest, Paladin, Shaman, or Druid already.

If the Emerald Dream comes out this next expansion then I'd put my money on dragonsworn.

I want the paladin from warcraft 3.
    45sec bubble on a 1min cooldown and mass rez FTW ;D

DREADLORRRRDDDjkdfshadgfkjsdghfkjsgafjk!!!!

Mirana from DotA Astars is too fun

any naga = ftw

Mountain King ;D
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

demon hunter!
    ilidan always been my fav and when it comes down to it he also does the rite thing
    +he looks really cool to
    non hero class id like to play would be an infernal (the way they used to be)
    To play those millions of minds,to watch them slowly respond to an unseen stimulus to guide theyr aspiration without theyr knowledge-all this whether in high capacities or in humble,is a big and endless game of chess of ever extraordinary excitement
    -sydney west-

brewmaster
    The Brave Do Not Fear The Grave

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaz89
    Blademaster, Demon Hunter, Warden, maybe, but i doubt it.
    Actually these classes have a lot of abilities already ingame.

Blademaster: Mirror Image -> <ages; Crit chance (don't remember the name) -> everyone has a chance to crit; Bladestorm -> Arms Warriors; Wind Walk -> their only unique ability.

Demon Hunter: Evasion -> everyone can dodge; Mana Burn -> Priests; Immolation Aura and Metamorphosis -> Demonology Warlocks.

Warden: Fan of Knives -> Rogues; Blink -> Mages; Shadow Strike -> don't have an exact representation ingame, but there are similiar spells; Avatar of Vengeance -> their only unique ability.

English is not my main language, but I try!

Warden, and make it the Ultimate CC class in the game.

I voted for Shadow Hunter, Naga Sea Witch, and Mountain King. But only because I love Dwarves and Naga.

Ranger/Dark Ranger are basically the same class.
    (80) - (80)
    Proud Member of the MMO-Champion Community
    - Embrace Your Inner Geek - Gameplay First - Every Voice Matters - Learn & Grow -
    - Lead Responsibly - Commit To Quality - Play Nice, Play Fair - Think Globally -

Crypt Lord, Dark Ranger or Pandaren Brewmaster. I loved these heroes so much in Warcraft 3.
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Most people think that there are heaps of Hero classes left in the game... The reality is based on past Lore there is hardly any (bearly 1 or 2 they coudl add)... the reason for this is most of the names of classes in war3 highly influenced classes in world of warcraft to the point that they are already represented.

Archmage - Mage
    Mountain King - Warrior
    Blood Mage - Mage
    Far Seer - Shaman
    Blademaster - Warrior
    Tauren Chieftain - Shaman
    Shadow hunter - Warlock
    Lich - Mage
    Dread Lord - THIS IS NOT A CLASS
    Crypt lord - THIS IS NOT A CLASS
    Keeper of the grove - THIS IS NOT A CLASS
    Priestess of the Moon - THIS IS NOT A CLASS
    Demon Hunter - Rogue / Warlock (prob the second most likely however with TBC already over not for a while)
    Warden - THIS IS NOT A CLASS
    Beastmaster - Hunter
    Firelord - THIS IS NOT A CLASS
    Dark Ranger - Hunter
    Naga sea witch - THIS IS NOT A CLASS
    Pandaren Brewmaster - THIS IS NOT A CLASS (mabye a profeshion)
    Goblin Tinker - (prob the first most likely esp considering blizzards love of enginering and the content of Wow 4.0)
    Goblin Alchemist - THIS IS NOT A CLASS
    Pit Lord - THIS IS NOT A CLASS
    Ranger - Hunter
    Dark Knight - Warrior

In Cold reality i would expect mabye 1 other hero class.... (if that).... and a focus on expanded talent trees rather that.
    If we want to be liberal u could expect a class proression like this

Rogue
    Warrior
    hunter
    mage
    druid
    priest
    warlock
    pally
    shaman
    death knight (WOTLK) (WOW 3.0)
    Tinker (CATACLISUM) (WOW 4.0) ---)HIGHTLY UNLIKLEY(---
    Deamon hunter (WOW 5.0)

I would expect increasing talent trees from 3-5 before seeing any more hero classes... the game literaly doesnt have many Hero classes left that fit the game both in gameplay or lore..

I wouldnt be suprized if death knights where the only hero classes in the game..

They could however recreate starting zones for say.... Mages for instance and call it a (archmage starting zone).. but your still just playing a mage..

i think thats most likely..
    sorry to tell you but you`re wrong
    they are not like normal wow classes they are hero units from W3 that you would like to play with

dks are already there

tho they look like the normal classes coz of the same abilities and the name but the power is diff

the classes we`re playing are *normal* wc3 units dks tho are *hero* wc3 units

blademaster might be a warrior but warriors cant air walk

blood mage might be a mage but mages cant summon a pheonix

shadow hunter a warlock? sorry but not (using dark vodoo and heal themself does not make them one )

and keepers of the grove considered druid and the priestess of the moon considered a priest

wardens considered (i think i`m wrong ) rogue /hunter

every faction leader considered as a *hero* class

thrall= far seer (might be wrong)
    carine=tauren chieften
    vol jin =shadow hunter (his father is one i think )
    sylvanas is a dark ranger no doubt
    lor themar=ranger (meh)
    but kael thas =blood mage

varian i dont think he has a hero class : / cant think of one actaully
    the dwarfs king is a mountian king
    tyrande is priestess of the moon
    gnomes king is a tinker
    valen is an elder if i`m not wrong

normal wow classes considered normal wc3 units

hero wow classes (dks and the upcoming classes) are WC3 hero units

*grammer : / hope i did ok

WC3 might not have a ton of hero classes, but then Pen and Paper rpg does. As far as the leaders, they aren't really hero classes to be honest. Varian is a fury warrior, as is the dwarf king. (He and muridin are called "mtn king" cuz of there ability to use "avatar" Basicly cranking their power up to insane levels.) Velean and tyrande are priests, one holy, the other disc. Thrall is a shammy, "far seer" is a title given to shammys of exceptional power. Cairne is a arms warrior. Vol'gin is a Shadow Hunter (think rogue mixed with a shadow priest). The dark lady is a dark ranger/ranger, and I don't have much of a clue about the blood elf leaders. One is a mage, one is a ranger and I think the other might just be a warrior or pally. As far as the gnome king (which I forgot) High Tinkerer isn't a class, it's a title. It basicly means King of the Gnomes. His class from what I can see is prot. warrior. As far as actual hero classes in the games that we haven't done? Blademaster, ranger/dark ranger, necromancer, demon hunter and shadow hunter. Yes most of them would play like other classes, but IMO DKs play alot like evil ret pallies. (Wacking stuff with a 2h weapon while using spells...who else does that?) One thing that has me interested in the PnP rpg is rune masters. Lightly armored warriors that use no weapons (ok, in game they would use 1h wepons like enhancement shammies use.) that use runes tatooed on them to generate increadble power. In that game according to wowwiki they are only useable for dwarves and tauren. I think this class could work in game and would be a cool addition.

what about the eredar walock

FINGER OF DEATH! ;D
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Blademaster, Demon Hunter and Pandaren Brewmaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmathes339
    WC3 might not have a ton of hero classes, but then Pen and Paper rpg does. As far as the leaders, they aren't really hero classes to be honest. Varian is a fury warrior, as is the dwarf king. (He and muridin are called "mtn king" cuz of there ability to use "avatar" Basicly cranking their power up to insane levels.) Velean and tyrande are priests, one holy, the other disc. Thrall is a shammy, "far seer" is a title given to shammys of exceptional power. Cairne is a arms warrior. Vol'gin is a Shadow Hunter (think rogue mixed with a shadow priest). The dark lady is a dark ranger/ranger, and I don't have much of a clue about the blood elf leaders. One is a mage, one is a ranger and I think the other might just be a warrior or pally. As far as the gnome king (which I forgot) High Tinkerer isn't a class, it's a title. It basicly means King of the Gnomes. His class from what I can see is prot. warrior. As far as actual hero classes in the games that we haven't done? Blademaster, ranger/dark ranger, necromancer, demon hunter and shadow hunter. Yes most of them would play like other classes, but IMO DKs play alot like evil ret pallies. (Wacking stuff with a 2h weapon while using spells...who else does that?) One thing that has me interested in the PnP rpg is rune masters. Lightly armored warriors that use no weapons (ok, in game they would use 1h wepons like enhancement shammies use.) that use runes tatooed on them to generate increadble power. In that game according to wowwiki they are only useable for dwarves and tauren. I think this class could work in game and would be a cool addition.
    still hero class
    and for the blood elf leader he is a ranger
    shadow hunter is hero unit in W3 same as tauren chieften you (carine) he`s not just a warrior
    kael is a blood mage 100% sure tyrande is a priestess of the moon (wowwiki)
    valen is a priest in mage but lore i dont think he is