Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention the worst part about being on these wildly unbalanced realms is the fact that the lack of PvE progression doesn't help either. Obviously people would be attracted to the faction that has a guild that's 7/7 Heroic Firelands compared to one that's only 7/7 Normal.

I assume that the AH and the economy in general on those factions is unexistant as well.

And sadly this trend isn't just limited to Illidan and Mal'Ganis, check out a few of these other realms:

Thaurissan-US: 2 Alliance guilds downed FL content compared to Horde's 79.
    Cho'gall-US: Realm got attention with The Resistance movement on Alliance side, but kinda died out.
    Chromaggus-US: Best Alliance guild is 1/7 normal, and that was in a partial PuG.

And there was that one Russian realm that has 146 Horde guilds downed FL, and 0 Alliance ones.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2011-08-27 at 06:36 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Craz View Post
    A screenshot I took from Illidan alliance 4 days ago at 5:40 AM. In case anyone is wondering. IMO Stormwind #'s don't matter, it's the total # of 85s online obviously.

http://i.imgur.com/m9cZs.jpg
    Holy crap that's so small.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes the screenshot prooves how low pop ally is on Illidan.

@Thallidomaniac Yes the Auction House is a joke. It is not that full at times and when you do want to buy mats or something it is ALL overpriced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of which, I haven't heard about realms getting Free Realm Transfers lately, was Illidan ever one of those departure realms?
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerialslayer View Post
    Yes the screenshot prooves how low pop ally is on Illidan.

@Thallidomaniac Yes the Auction House is a joke. It is not that full at times and when you do want to buy mats or something it is ALL overpriced.
    What they need to do to help this situation, is open up a huge transfer to servers like this and lock out the Horde creation for Illidan-US until such a time where it becomes even numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    What they need to do to help this situation, is open up a huge transfer to servers like this and lock out the Horde creation for Illidan-US until such a time where it becomes even numbers.
    I think more specifically, Alliance transfers to Illidan, and Horde transfers out. And that alone probably won't do much to fix an imbalance that bad, I recall this happening for Magtheridon-EU when it had an A:H ratio that is comparable to Illidan and Mal'Ganis right now, and that didn't do anything to help.

You'd have to go to desperate measures, such as giving Alliance a Tenacity buff and giving them free Valor or Conquest for doing entry-level content. Plus you'd have to restrict it so Alliance don't transfer off after mooching such buffs.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Holy crap that's so small.
    Funny thing is I transferred from an extremely low pop server to Illidan in like 2006, and having 11 max players online is actually higher than my last server, and since back then there was no cross realm play it meant you couldn't even do a single 5 man if you gathered the whole server past midnight. Alliance on Illidan was fine till mid wotlk when our server experienced over a month of non stop lag, and all the top guilds transferred due to being unable to raid. I'm really surprised Blood Legion etc stayed, and now Illidan is the #1 raiding server in USA, but it's 100% horde side.

I still have 7 chars on alliance (only cause I can't afford to xfer), and 3 on horde Illidan now. Alliance isn't worth playing on Illidan at the moment, there's no good arena players, and there's 0 raiding guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    NatePsychotic I agree with you but will Blizzard ever do that? I think not. Illidan was part of the "Transfer off realm list" because Illidan is a full pop server. But again.................all horde.

Craz I agree with you. But Illidan is a high pop realm so if 11 is more than your old realm which was low pop, then that is sad. 11 85's is just.....well you can't even form a raid lol. If we get more people on ally side there will be more raiding and arena teams.
    Last edited by Aerialslayer; 2011-08-27 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    I think more specifically, Alliance transfers to Illidan, and Horde transfers out.
    Blizzard has done this a few times. However no horde transfers off Illidan, there's no reason to as Illidan is the #1 server. And no one wants to transfer to be alliance on Illidan. Blizzard hasn't done the free transfers in a long time now. As people get so annoyed they will literally play money to transfer, so blizzard has stopped with the free transfers sadly. This server will never be balanced, the server is already listed at full meaning the only way it could ever balance out is if 10-20k horde transfer off. As being full means you can't add 20k alliance.

You think that's bad you should have played Alliance on Cho'gall ...LOL at peak hours there would be less then 10 max level toons and the horde side would have 1000's . The community was so small we all knew each other and would come help no matter what . I miss playing there but you can only fight the good fight for so long on a realm where the faction is dead .

I will say that the world pvp on cho'gall was like no other because the horde was constantly attacking Stormwind and the alliance there hated horde so much we would all ban together and at least try to kill them of ...it was great fun .

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, on the realm forums of these unbalanced realms, there's Horde even willing to pay Alliance just to get Thassarian for the "Have We Met" Achievement. That's definitely a sign that such realm has a faction that's broken beyond repair.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    You think that's bad you should have played Alliance on Cho'gall ...LOL at peak hours there would be less then 10 max level toons and the horde side would have 1000's . The community was so small we all knew each other and would come help no matter what . I miss playing there but you can only fight the good fight for so long on a realm where the faction is dead .

I will say that the world pvp on cho'gall was like no other because the horde was constantly attacking Stormwind and the alliance there hated horde so much we would all ban together and at least try to kill them of ...it was great fun .
    V A N Q U I S H E D transferred off there right? I remember them having a good alliance guild, then the server suddenly died

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Make an alt on a better server. If you like it, well, maybe you should think about xferring. I don't see what the connection to your realm is if its 7% your faction.
    it's called a challenge! this is a problem with people today.. they're never willing to side with the underdog.. if you can't be on the winning side.. quit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vertex705 View Post
    why would u want to have a fresh start in a ghost town

Make a name for yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet if a few top guilds on Illidan transferred to Alliance, it'd see some revival.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    it's called a challenge! this is a problem with people today.. they're never willing to side with the underdog.. if you can't be on the winning side.. quit!
    Well, when going to the "winning side" or off the realm is the only option other than to quit the game because your faction's population is so low that they can't even get a BH 10 man raid together, let alone any 10 or 25 man raid, yes that's the only few options left. It's not a challenge, it's the sad state of a realm having a faction that got to this point.

Heck, getting someone to craft something or to do enchantments would be difficult if not impossible on those realms now. Imagine not having your weapons enchanted because even after shouting in /2 for an Enchanter or looking for scrolls on the AH, neither enchanters nor scrolls to sell are there. And then when you get into a Dungeon Finder PuG, which is one of the few things such a faction isn't barred access to by swarms of Horde out there to kill you like flies, people berate you for not having your weapons enchanted just because you're faction's population is almost non-existant, and people like you say that it's a challenge and shame on you for not trying.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2011-08-27 at 07:11 AM.
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the challenge as stated before. I am not whining or complaining. I would just love to see more alliance players on Illidan. I would love to be able to raid more, pug BH's, etc..... But with a faction that is STILL losing it's members it is so hard to do so. I will always love Illidan I will always love the alliance. So why would I quit or transfer? Even if there were only 100 members left I would still be on Illidan.

On a side note my friend jus renewed his account . So add +1 to that lmao.

Abandon and move to an alliance dominated server. Maybe Blizzard will get off their asses when every single server is either 100% horde or 100% alliance..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
    Abandon and move to an alliance dominated server. Maybe Blizzard will get off their asses when every single server is either 100% horde or 100% alliance..
    Like what, there's really not much to do when it's the players choice of where to play. Ally on Illidan has always been outnumbered, not sure what op means by it being all dominated for 5 years, it really wasent. Maybe people are avoiding ally side due to the funeral bombing that was held, or the insane amount of drama that happened ally side. When a server gets THAT bad and stays that way for a pretty long time, i say it's long overdue to accept that ally is dead there and either join the horde, or transfer. Because eventually and inevitability, there will be no end-game for alliance on that server. There's nothing blizzard can do. Even if they do offer free realm transfers, how many people would honestly want to go to that server knowing how it is? I wouldn't, sorry . I do wish you luck though.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I meant by ally being dominating is that 5 years ago roughly when I started, alliance on Illidan was outnumbering the horde side or was about even. Now for the past 4 years the horde have been over populating the server. Yes I know it has been that way for awhile now and ally is pretty much dead on Illidan but there still is a chance that ally will get a population boost. Maybe Blizzard will decide to fix it. I highly doubt it but something could happen, I just hope it's a miracle lol. We need ally's back on the server!