Looking for Another RPG (online or not)...

Well. I've played WoW for 21 months. And... well... I could use a change of pace - looking for a cool computer game to try out when WoW gets tiring.

I'd much rather find a game that has little cost to play. Definitely no monthly online fees, or a game that's almost or completely free and still relatively modern. I'd definitely try Diablo 3 once it's out - haven't been accepted into the beta yet.

So, any suggestions? I'm looking for relatively unbiased discussion, please. I really enjoyed Diablo 2...

Oh, no turn-based strategy or real-time strategy - I have Disgaea 2 on my PSP that I'm playing constantly as well... (so no Starcraft-type games...)

I don't do first-person shooters. Any other suggestions of a RPG-type, either Japanese-style or Diablo-style or something relatively similar?

Have you tried Torchlight or Titan Quest games?, they are similar to Diablo and pretty cheap on steam.

Deleted
    Try <<Savage 2>>
    Its free
    And it is a great practise for ur reflex-eye cordination + doghe+ block is a active skill , untill Guild Wars 2 - C9 and Blade and Soul comes out .
    Check at it on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLfFZ2hYQOw

30v30 ppl max
    each match last for 30 min-1 hour
    something like Dota-LoL with huge graphyx 3D + the movement flexibily of Guild Wars 2
    Last edited by mmocbeb563a6f8; 2011-10-18 at 05:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give you a breakdown of some of the top RPG's
    Oblivion- Great game, the story is not weak, but it's nothing special either, but that's not the point of the game. The game has Crazy amounts of stuff to do in it aside from the regular story. Couple that with the fact that Bethesda made this game very moddable so there are hundreds of hours of player made content available for download. The main problem with this game is that it has SERIOUS bug/graphical problems, but this is easily fixable with mods. The other issue is that this game was made something like 6 or 7 years ago, so the graphics are pretty sub-par compared to modern titles. 4.5/10 unmodded, 8.5/10 modded

Dragon Age: The first game and it's expansion are somewhat slow in combat, where you micro manage every aspect, which can be fun, but at times it feels tiresome and unnecessary. The story however is amazing. This is one of those games that you'll stay up for days on end to finish then, the minute you finish, you'll make a new character to try it again. These 2 games have serious replay value. However, the sequel is kind of the opposite; the story is not very involving, and there is not much reason to replay it. But the combat is much better; the only way to describe it is the mix of an RTS and a brawler. The combat is faced paced and will have you on the edge of your seat. Dragon Age: Origins 9/10, Dragon Age: Awakenings 7/10 Dragon Age 2 7.5/10

The Witcher 2: This is a graphically beautiful game. (It does have some pretty high system requirements so you may want to check it out before buying on http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/ before buying.) The combat is pretty exciting, but not groundbreaking by any means. The story feels fresh and original at times and at other times it feels like a copy/paste of any other bland RPG. Overall it's a good game, but nothing to write home about. 8/10

Guild Wars: The graphics are slightly better than WoW, but the system requirements are lower. The stories are exceedingly long. They revolve around doing about 20-30 missions (the equivalent of dungeons in WoW) in between chains of quests. There are 3 campaigns at 20-30 missions each for $30 and and expansion for another $20. If you enjoy doing dungeons in WoW, and arena pvp, this is the game for you. For an MMO with no subscription fee, you are getting an immense amount of content for the meager $30 pricetag. 8/10

Mass Effect: The graphics on these games are just stunning. The story is gripping, thought provoking, and downright epic. I have completed the story of Mass Effect 4 times and Mass Effect 2 6 times, and have never been bored while playing this game. The combat is somewhat slow in the first one, however it really picks up in the 2nd game. Mass Effect 1: 8.75/10 Mass Effect 2: 10/10
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke