Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How far are along are you with the HoM

So after viewing my HoM progression on the calculator I started to wonder how far along other people were comparared to me and what different ahciemvents they chose. I didn't see any thread like this so I thought it might be fun for people to post their links and see how everyone else is doing and possibly even generate some help for people who want to work on theirs

My main: Doctor Dare
    it'll take a second to load so don't just close it when you see the first screen.
    Last edited by Rakeer; 2011-10-16 at 10:32 PM. Reason: thanks mothhive

Still only on 5... lol

Oh, and to add a link to some text like above (I think that's what you were asking) you type the text, highlight it, press the Link button and paste in the URL.

Deleted
    I'm only 15, but I'm getting 30 before release!

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=m...AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I do have 180 ectos in my bank, I think I can do something with it.

use the ecto's for zkeys rank 3 zaishen gets you the pvp statue taking you up to 21

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziona View Post
    use the ecto's for zkeys rank 3 zaishen gets you the pvp statue taking you up to 21
    Not a bad idea, I think I'm gonna do that. Thank you

How many keys do you need to rank 3? must be like 200 or something?
    Last edited by mmoc848cc4b054; 2011-10-16 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A thread on this already exists here.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbananapoo View Post
    Not a bad idea, I think I'm gonna do that. Thank you

How many keys do you need to rank 3? must be like 200 or something?
    ya each key gets 5 points and its 1000 to r3 so around 200 keys

Deleted
    Don't waste points on Pvp rank, use money on getting Heroes armor etc, Weapons and so on to get the points quicker, ofc check out which ones are the cheapst, stick to 1 Tormented cuz it's expensive and get those Opressor you can from the Medal of Honor from War in Kryta (Which you will get to after completing EoTN)
    Get Kurzick armor. I sold about 60 Ectos and made 400 Plat. which Is plenty for Heroes an armor set and a few weps, If I had 180 Ectos I'd complete it in a day :b
    I am on 21 going to 23 pretty soon with Rare pet quest and last 2 common pets for 20 minis. Getting my Kurzick armor and another armor piece for another of my chars (Goonna make a few cash since I am on about 100 plat) and then getting the last points from Finishing War in Kryta to get another 2 Opressor weps and getting 1 Tormented which is probably done with a bit farming

10+ Year Old Account
    Call me lazy, or uninformed, but I'm still not sure how the HoM works.

Do you get the different points for doing challenges in GW1? Completing certain campaigns? Still not quite sure how the actual things in the HoM are obtained.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    Call me lazy, or uninformed, but I'm still not sure how the HoM works.

Do you get the different points for doing challenges in GW1? Completing certain campaigns? Still not quite sure how the actual things in the HoM are obtained.
    You know, the HoM page on the website explains it to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    "...based on the achievements and honors accumulated by all the characters on your Guild Wars account"

Isn't exactly clear to me. Not sure if it's just me or what.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 6 myself.

I had started playing when it came out, but quit. And when I heard about GW2, I started up again back in April, tornado happened, moved, then played WoW for a while, then quit that, played Rift again, playing out my 3 months on it and playing GW1. Hoping to hit 10 before launch, I generally don't rush anything in MMOs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm at 37, should be at 45 by the end of the week. I will stop at 45, the grinding sucks.

I'm at 30. Don't care about titles so that's as far as I'm going.

Look up Erik Hawkthorn if you wanna see what I got to get rank 30.

on the subject of the hero armor though you dont even need much money for them. Cloths of brotherhood for the EOTN heros often go for 5p or so and are quite easy to farm. The ones for nightfall are a tad more anoying but can be faster if your lucky on the drops. I didnt buy any and I managed to kit out my entire set of heros in a day.

Who is John Galt?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    The ones for nightfall are a tad more anoying but can be faster if your lucky on the drops.
    Tell me about it. I've run Dajkah Inlet about 30 times in the last 2 days, and only got 2 stolen armors, on the same run.

I'm on an impressive 3/50. Yeah, pretty much only linked my accounts. I really want to get atleast 15/50, with 30/50 being the goal, but everytime I try to play GW, I get bored and fed up within an hour. It's extremely frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    gotta agree with ya guys, the grinding for this thing sucks big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sym View Post
    I'm on an impressive 3/50. Yeah, pretty much only linked my accounts. I really want to get atleast 15/50, with 30/50 being the goal, but everytime I try to play GW, I get bored and fed up within an hour. It's extremely frustrating.
    Know how you feel. I'm aiming for 30, but am only on 5 at the moment and I find it hard to play for any length of time as I get really frustrated by the game. Been soloing my way through the Prophecies campaign and have 2 more missions left, but I've lost count the amount of times I've almost rage quit because something stupid happens that makes me need to completely restart a mission.

I also feel really unmotivated when I look at the huge ammount of things I need to do to reach my goal. Seems impossible sometimes!