Trying to figure out Vent

On my old XP I could set it to send whatever my computer was playing. Music, games, whatever. What I heard they heard.

Now with a new Windows 7 computer the old "hear what you hear" in the mixer option doesn't even show up. Anyone know a work-around?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    1) Open the Ventrilo program and log into your desired server. Click on the button labeled "Setup." If the "Use Push to Talk Hotkey" checkbox is filled, clear it.
    2) Open the "Start" menu and select "Control Panels." Open the "Sounds and Audio Devices" control panel. Locate the panel labeled "Device Volume" in the "Volume" tab. Click on the button labeled "Advanced."
    3) Open the "Options" menu and select "Properties." Click on the radio button labeled "Recording." Fill the checkbox labeled "Stereo Mixer." Click on the button labeled "OK;" the "Recording Control" window will now open.
    4) Click on the checkbox labeled "Select" under the "Stereo Mixer" heading. Adjust the slider controls as desired; this setting will determine how loud your music will play over Ventrilo. Leave the Recording Control window open.
    5) Activate Ventrilo and click on the "Mute Sound" button in the lower-left corner; this will prevent your computer from playing back the sounds generated by other people on the server while you stream your music.
    6) Open your music-playback application. Select and play your desired song. When you no longer wish to stream music on Ventrilo, click on the "Recording Control" window and click on the checkbox labeled "Select" under the "Microphone" heading. Reenable push-to-talk capabilities from within Ventrilo's Setup window if desired.
    7) Leave your music-playback application and the Recording Control window open for easy access when playing games. Press "Alt+Tab" or the "Windows" key to navigate to these windows while your game is running.

Source

Much easier to copy and paste than to go about the steps myself while at work.