Inscription in 5.0

I did a quick search for a thread about this but I couldn't find it. :P

So anyway I was wondering what People might like to see change with Inscription in the next expansion?

Personally I don't really care much for it in Cata (not since the whole you can make other professions plans never happend). The only reason why i kept it was for the shoulder enchantment (didn't want to grain more rep) and because I didn't have a whole lot of time to retrain. I admit that the Darkmoon deck made me some descent money in 4.1 but, since then there has been very little interest in them since 4.2 (exceptions being some ele shammies). But because glyphs are now something you learn once, and not replace able like before, I find they don't sell. Some of my guildies have argued that glyphs cost more now equalizing it, but since all the high level toons don't need them anymore and there have been so few new comers to wow recently, I have found that they don't sell fast enough to make any real money. I mostly just sell the mats now for some income.

In 5.0 I would like to see the come back of the "You can make plans" idea, or something similar. Possibly see the comeback to the days when you need to replace glyphs, Or even give us something like Inscriptor only glyphs (don't know how that would work).

with relics gone inscription might be able to make epic off hand items or somthing.
    blizzard obviously gonna change some glyphs and add others so just wait and see, for now inscription worth the same as other professions

Well, there's Darkmoon decks, which have stayed viable for some classes for longer than they did in Wrath. I'd like to see the crafting of non-shield offhand items fleshed out (the best they can do is a 346 rare), but other than that, I can't think of any really compelling directions to go in with inscription.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you have all the non-trainable glyphs, there is still money to be made there. It barely costs anything to put glyphs up, and if you have a look at which ones sell for the most, you may be able to continuously pop them up and hope for some sales.

DMF decks have always been profitable. But by the third patch of an expansion you're really stretching things to try and make decent profit with them.

Even if scribes could make plans for other professions, there would be as much of a limit to this as there was to glyphs. Mind you, it would spark another glyphmas type boom for the first few weeks of its implementation. XD

Glyphs are the strongest selling point and probably always will be. You just have to find that niche on your own realm. Personally, I don't bother with making gold with any professions these days, and I'm happy with that.
    For the Alliance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    with relics gone inscription might be able to make epic off hand items or somthing.
    blizzard obviously gonna change some glyphs and add others so just wait and see, for now inscription worth the same as other professions
    Offhands would indeed be nice, they're known to be lacking a bit. Makes sense for scribes to make them as well.

Deleted
    All these ideas are great, but most of all I really really hope they add something to scribes to be able to make (random) plans for other professions. We thought this item was coming in for Cata as there were random patterns datamined, but they never made it into game and we never knew exactly what the plan with those was.

I'd like to see glyphs more changeable - by that I mean, choices that people actually want to change from fight to fight. At the moment the majority of classes seem to have a set of glyphs which you HAVE to take and those very rarely change. It's easy enough to swap out glyphs and the point of permanent glyphs and dust of disappearance was meant to be you can change them cheaply and easily once you've bought them - but then it tends to be one set is best for everything (unless you're changing from pve to pvp etc) so this kind of nullified that point.

I like the idea of a scribe creating a "discover one pattern you don't have" item for various trade skills. They would probably need to be profession-specific so people with multiple recipe professions wouldn't be frustrated when they got a new cooking recipe instead of that LWing pattern they wanted, for example.

These could even vary by expansion so that if you wanted a "random BC pattern you don't have" you'd have to use BC materials to get that.