Thread: unhitabled help

unhitabled help

hello i could use some help with the CTC cap..... well, basically besides "add your dodge, parry, and block chance and you have your x/102.4%" i dont know anything about it. is there a tool to help me calculate it better?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stice/advanced here's my armory, in that gear i have 17.71% dodge, 16.21% parry, 53.31% block, all adding up to 87.23%. are you supposed to use the % for after diminishing returns or before? if its after then im at 81.3%.

other gear i have besides whats equiped - the 378 rep cape, scales of life, tol barad mastery trinket, the BoE tank ring, and the heroic boots off rhyolith.

the other tank in my guild uses the mastery dps trink with the 1 min on use str cd and the heroic trinket off beth, i'd use the same set up, or beth trink + TB trinket for certain fights if the one on beth drops for me.

i believe everything is gemmed/enchanted correctly. if anyone has some advice that would be great

thanks

Deleted
    You are capable of getting much closer to the CTC cap than you are currently.

Okay so basically the CTC cap is when your total dodge + parry + block = 97.4%. The 102.4% includes a 5% miss chance.

Instead of Stay of Execution i'd use the Mastery + Strength trinket.
    On your Bracers you should have reforged dodge to Mastery, instead of parry.
    The parry on your head reforged instead of expertise.

Just looking at it, you could easily reach the CTC cap with that 1 trinket and some reforges. Try using something like wowreforge.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    The parry on your head reforged instead of expertise.
    how does reforging out of a stat that ups the CTC % help?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoughJustice View Post
    how does reforging out of a stat that ups the CTC % help?
    Because Mastery provides much more CTC per point than Dodge and Parry do. You have far to much d/p and not enough block.
    1% Parry could be reforged to 3% Block for example, making those points spent doing more than the CTC than remaining in Parry.
    The Parry on your head is so much greater than the expertise that doing so will give you more CTC coverage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    Because Mastery provides much more CTC per point than Dodge and Parry do. You have far to much d/p and not enough block.
    1% Parry could be reforged to 3% Block for example, making those points spent doing more than the CTC than remaining in Parry.
    The Parry on your head is so much greater than the expertise that doing so will give you more CTC coverage.
    Pretty much. This might increase your damage taken, but it reduces the spikiness by allowing you to CTC-cap easier. You'll want to swap the reforges over as soon as you have more CTC to cope with the loss.