Riven isn't a tanky dps by any means, but has a very, very powerful late game; I'd suggest her well befcre Leona.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    want a tank (full runes Leona early lvls are shieldwall) or a tanky dps (riven is more dps than tanky, her shield while amazing scale stays for too short time)
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
    Riven isn't a tanky dps by any means, but has a very, very powerful late game; I'd suggest her well befcre Leona.
    I don't currently like any other Tank champ so i thought Leona, but when i play against Riven's they absolutely punish me. Cheers for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Which melee AD are the most viable for ranked games?
    Nocturne is pretty great. He's a very powerful jungler with sick pre 6 ganks, and then you can use paranoia at level 6, which is an extremely powerful ganking and teamfight tool (Don't initiate with it though). Trundle is another good melee AD Champ for ranked, another jungler and no one usually picks him despite his strength.

I'm thinking about getting vlad any opinions on if I should buy him with my IP I got from the 10 game IP bonus riot gave out?

I really like ap champions, I have a lot of the standard ones but I don't think I'm quite good enough to use Cass to her fullest potential...

I wouldn't advise Vlad, just from personal experience. I tend to play AP, so I said, "Oh, this no mana fellow here, with the puddle and such. He'll do splendidly!" Turns out, he has quite a different ideal build/playstyle from other AP casters. I like Cass, but I can't really get into a groove with her as I'd like to. Have you got Brand, Bangaa?

Brand was my last purchase and I loved him but i'm back to 6300 ip and I want to get a new champion, I've already got all the runes I think I need... so I figured I'd treat myself to a new champ. Thanks for the heads up Bandoth!

Grab Cass if you don't already have her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orianna is a caster that has high learning curve to fully master her (mainly control her ball), also if you didn't master Cass I wonder what you will do with her
    Annie, while cheap hero and basic, is still very effective AP champ
    Karthus, bad surviving but is really pain, his ulti is famous that has a 15% to make enemy champs rage quit
    Kennen, a yordle that is really pain with lot of stuns, he doesn't kill that fast like other APs but he stun them to death
    Malzahar, very effective pusher with great aoe, but his ulti can't eat oranges -.-
    Veigar, probably the fastest killer in game, he can remove someone from fight in blink of eye (literally), his survive is bad however
    These are some of AP carries in game, if you got all then you should try new style like tanky APs (Swain, Chogath, Fiddle)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

When I played Orianna during her free week I did alright with her but it was only one week and that was before her nerf. However when I played Cass during her free week I felt like I did much better. I was constantly going positive by a small margin at first and then by a much larger margin, like 3-6 kills per death and even a few multi-kills I mean I almost had a penta with her by sheer luck of my poisons finishing everyone off but that damn yi had to alpha strike -.-, but I digress. That was before I was level 30 and I was not always playing with people higher level than me. I have not tried swain yet so I might just wait till his free week to decide if I go for him or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cass hard is coming from her Q, very cheap spell that is very hard poke but is skill shot, I found Ezreal (very mobile champ) one of hardest to land Q on him, while many other champs (like Allistar) are much easier to swallow Q and run to base heal (or die if they try to stand)

I find Cass on normal games actually better in duel lanes, she can force both people back and her squish will be covered by anyone else with her, however in high skilled game Cass should be mid
    Her ulti is also devastating, get low health, 3 tower dive you, 3 frozen, triple kill (and you may die), also her E spam is incredible, making her one of best chasers in game

Cass is one of top APs now in game and I learned why for good reason, but still Veigar is my favorite AP (the ultimate wtf BOOM champ)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Irelia or Riven...totally torn on this choice

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    if you got all then you should try new style like tanky APs (Swain, Chogath, Fiddle)
    I think you are confused here; Fiddle is notoriously squishy - just because somebody builds an Hourglass and uses it when they pop an Ult(as is common for Fiddle, Morgana and Kennen) doesn't mean they are tanky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fiddle scale is not good late game for all spells, playing him tanky is better, since he lacks the power to nuke someone as fast as most AP heroes
    I build tanky APs for heroes who lack high scale (heim is better tanky than pure dps, survive to allow towers do full dmg is better than die in 5sec) or for obvious tanks (nunu, chogath, etc)

Fiddle out of ulti (which has long cd) has very low burst dmg, so better build him tanky to be able to dish out full dmg from drain and dark win than go squishy

Now Morgana on other hand has good scale, 3spells than can deal dmg, again Morgana is better go little tanky because she lack the burst, but I never played Morgana serious (too few) to judge her
    Kennen can go AP squishy because his passive stun and he has fast nuking spells (no channel dot etc)
    Thrall

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synaptic View Post
    I think you are confused here; Fiddle is notoriously squishy - just because somebody builds an Hourglass and uses it when they pop an Ult(as is common for Fiddle, Morgana and Kennen) doesn't mean they are tanky.
    Depends how you build them tbh.

Fiddle can be a beast with high health and high to medium ap.
    Because of his low cooldown abilities with full cooldown reduction, you can cast out so many drains and dark winds aslong as you have a decent mana pool or golem buff. I've been experimenting with jungle fiddle for quite a while now and he's excellent if played correctly. With rank 2 drain and 2 fear, you are unstoppable for ganks at low levels and if you play correctly you will be able to dominate mid-game.

My own personal recent choice of new champion was Vayne. I played her alot when she was in the free rotation and she is very strong in both dominion and summoners rift. Granted both maps calls for a different playstyle but she has alot of mobility and damage if played to her utmost potential. My only problem is she is quite squishy without major health items such as Frozen Mallet, which is a must for any Vayne player.

I would wait with buying another champion till we see how the new one, Fizz, is going to play out, along with the new Mastery Trees and Summoner Spells revamping.

Deleted
    So for some time now i've been playing Sona alot earlier i was AD carries. I have been playing LoL for about 1 month or something like that and now i am thinking about buying Riven when i get enough IP points to do so, is she worth buying for that many IP points and is she viable a lot of different setups?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    I would wait with buying another champion till we see how the new one, Fizz, is going to play out, along with the new Mastery Trees and Summoner Spells revamping.
    This. Champs like Kassadin, Gragas, Akali, Lee Sin, etc...are going to become MUCH more powerful w/ the nerf to Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    This. Champs like Kassadin, Gragas, Akali, Lee Sin, etc...are going to become MUCH more powerful w/ the nerf to Flash.
    Flash Nerf was a 50 range reduction and 10 second cd nerf, the improved Flash now at the top (where everyone can get to it) of the support tree.

What 'nerf'?
    LoLtumblr |
    derpderpderp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arentius View Post
    I'd be 50/50 too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arentius View Post
    Let me solve your problem then. Do you like to play with daggers or with a huge FF7 sword? If you still can't decide, simply get both.