10+ Year Old Account
    Why IE?

Another BT is cheaper, has more AD and more sustain. IE will pretty much be the only source of crit you have...

Deleted
    Why does almost everyone get GA on Riven?

I'm not saying it's a bad choice (I don't own Riven so I haven't exactly tested anything extensively), I'm just wondering why it's present in almost every Riven build when on most other champions it's considered very situational.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Why does almost everyone get GA on Riven?

I'm not saying it's a bad choice (I don't own Riven so I haven't exactly tested anything extensively), I'm just wondering why it's present in almost every Riven build when on most other champions it's considered very situational.
    It both gives armor and some mr. + u atleast get one BT, so it helps for keeping the stacks up/prevent u from refarming. It also makes ppl less intrested in focusing u down first. Mallet/GA usually is the only defense u need.

Deleted
    Fiddlesticks or Karthus? which one is stronger? How hard is Karthus really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrisen View Post
    It both gives armor and some mr. + u atleast get one BT, so it helps for keeping the stacks up/prevent u from refarming. It also makes ppl less intrested in focusing u down first. Mallet/GA usually is the only defense u need.
    Not only that, but with the amount of lifesteal she tends to have as well as the stuns, she might even make it out alive after getting killed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmloos View Post
    If you're looking to play mid, Karthus 100%. Fiddle is a counter-only pick for mid..you'll be stuck in the jungle if you buy him.

Also, as far as GA on Riven: she is only limited by her cooldowns...if she does end up getting focused you aren't dead yet and can literally blow everything as you get taken down...by the time you rise back up you're ready for another combo.

GA as a final item is good on just about anyone...I can't quite explain fully why I always get it on Riven...but it works.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Why IE?

Another BT is cheaper, has more AD and more sustain. IE will pretty much be the only source of crit you have...
    You're right, D. I may start going 2x BT instead of BT/IE.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    The first thing you gotta learn is getting used to your Q, as it takes some timing to reliably last-hit with at first. And yes Karthus is based on more than just pressing R in hopes of a Pentakill.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    If you're looking to play mid, Karthus 100%. Fiddle is a counter-only pick for mid..you'll be stuck in the jungle if you buy him.

Also, as far as GA on Riven: she is only limited by her cooldowns...if she does end up getting focused you aren't dead yet and can literally blow everything as you get taken down...by the time you rise back up you're ready for another combo.

GA as a final item is good on just about anyone...I can't quite explain fully why I always get it on Riven...but it works.

---------- Post added 2012-04-26 at 06:04 PM ----------

You're right, D. I may start going 2x BT instead of BT/IE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    The first thing you gotta learn is getting used to your Q, as it takes some timing to reliably last-hit with at first. And yes Karthus is based on more than just pressing R in hopes of a Pentakill.
    Thank you both. Definitely saving for Karthus then. I am not much of a jungler yet and if I want to jungle I will just grab warwick for melee jungling. Has my preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Might want to go look for another jungler if the Warwick nerfs go through. Those will push him towards the lane even more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you both. Definitely saving for Karthus then. I am not much of a jungler yet and if I want to jungle I will just grab warwick for melee jungling. Has my preference.
    Might I recommend the following to get started in the jungle:

Trundle
    Shyvana
    Nocturne
    Skarner

As you get more comfortable, you can try Lee Sin, Udyr, and Maokai.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Might want to go look for another jungler if the Warwick nerfs go through. Those will push him towards the lane even more.

Trundle
    Shyvana
    Nocturne
    Skarner

Thanks for the suggestion, will keep it in mind for my next purchase after Karthus

I have Wukong and Gangplank for solo top, abit bored of both. Any other solo tops that you guys will recommend? Been considering Riven, but not sure if she's difficult to play. I guess judging from Wukong and Gangplank, my skill level ain't that high. Also considering Jax but people say that he's easily bullied at solo top.
    Last edited by mrpoker; 2012-04-26 at 10:54 PM.

Trundle
    Shyvana
    Nocturne
    Skarner

Udyr was the first jungler i bought personally and still one of my favs at the moment.
    Originally Posted by notorious98
    That's not true. One time Al Bundy scored 4 touchdowns in a single game at Polk High. How does THAT not matter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpoker View Post
    I have Wukong and Gangplank for solo top, abit bored of both. Any other solo tops that you guys will recommend? Been considering Riven, but not sure if she's difficult to play. I guess judging from Wukong and Gangplank, my skill level ain't that high. Also considering Jax but people say that he's easily bullied at solo top.
    Play Yorick, enjoy never losing a lane again.

Hmm ok so I guess its time for me to ask. I currently play Brand and am looking to get another fun champ that has a decent amount of skill but maybe isnt a glass tank.... That said I have seen Xerath and he looks really nice to me too....any suggestions?

You should buy riven for the bunny skin

I have been debating buying some champions lately with my spare IP. so I was thinking I might dabble with graves,how fun is he to play?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    You should buy riven for the bunny skin

I have been debating buying some champions lately with my spare IP. so I was thinking I might dabble with graves,how fun is he to play?
    He's free this week.

sick! no wonder ive seen him in so many aram games. :P I wonder how many people here play aram mode. (imo riot should make it an official game mode! make a new map 1 lane no jungles and your respawn point changes depending on how many towers alive also items like GA mejais etc removed)

10+ Year Old Account
    Erm... Graves being free does not have much of an impact on ARAM games? Hence the *random* factor?

you dont play much aram do you?

random mode only gets champions you OWN. (inc the free champions). A lot of people do not own a great deal of champions. (also people seem to get the same champions time and time again, ask my mate and his champion janna! :P)