10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enzefik View Post
    So, I'm really tempted to buy Irelia. I've had fun with her in a couple bot matches this week, but I'm not sure how viable she is in PvP since I never see her. Is she worth the 4800 IP or should I get her while she's on sale with RP? I have more than enough to buy her while she's on sale. Or, should I just save both my IP and RP for someone more viable/worth it?
    I just got her, because she's on sale and I have to say I'm having a frakkin blast :P she's great solo top, a little squishy to start, but don't get smashed early on and you're a fuckin monster late game
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Thinking about getting Maokai for jungle...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Thinking about getting Maokai for jungle...
    And? He's a perfectly good pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    And? He's a perfectly good pick.
    This. Enjoy god tier ganks with an even remotely competent team. A well played Maokai is flat out frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I just got her, because she's on sale and I have to say I'm having a frakkin blast :P she's great solo top, a little squishy to start, but don't get smashed early on and you're a fuckin monster late game
    You can also potentially take Irelia mid lane if the enemy mid is lacking in escape tools. Using Bladesurge twice (once on a low health minion, then onto the enemy mid) can bring an up-in-your-face assault from shockingly far away. Even if they hug the tower you can usually dash in, hurt them badly, and trail that with shots from your Ult while moving away from the turret.

Even if you don't get a kill (though you usually will) it usually seems to terrify the other mid.

For my own dilemma currently: What do people think of Malzahar? Can he function bot lane or does he pretty much need to go mid? I keep finding myself needing to go bot and not having any mages that feel workable outside of mid.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    You can also potentially take Irelia mid lane if the enemy mid is lacking in escape tools. Using Bladesurge twice (once on a low health minion, then onto the enemy mid) can bring an up-in-your-face assault from shockingly far away. Even if they hug the tower you can usually dash in, hurt them badly, and trail that with shots from your Ult while moving away from the turret.

Even if you don't get a kill (though you usually will) it usually seems to terrify the other mid.

For my own dilemma currently: What do people think of Malzahar? Can he function bot lane or does he pretty much need to go mid? I keep finding myself needing to go bot and not having any mages that feel workable outside of mid.
    He's super squishy, I wouldn't really recommend it since he needs the farm to be stronger, otherwise he's just there for the ult, and many champions do that better.

If you want a competent damage-oriented mage for bot lane you can try Galio, Lulu, Lux, Morgana, Nidalee, Sona or Zilean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally like the champion and hes mehanic"s from what i played he is viable mid but maybe not the best ranked pick
    And what do you think about Wukong? got some left over Ip for him
    Last edited by MrMayor; 2012-08-03 at 08:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMayor View Post
    And what do you think about Wukong? got some left over Ip for him
    He's a good pick. Solid top and decent jungle as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    If you want a competent damage-oriented mage for bot lane you can try Galio, Lulu, Lux, Morgana, Nidalee, Sona or Zilean.
    Aside the above, Gragas outranges a fair amount of the ranged. A Soraka + Veigar botlane will be quite content to just farm to high heaven while ignoring the enemy for the most part. LeBlanc and Fiddlesticks make fearsome supports.

I'm looking to get into ranked. I have enough to buy any champ i want, but i can't really pick which one. I'm pretty good mid and laning, but hate jungling. i thought about buying jayce because i liked him last week. but then again i want to play blitz or shyv and zyra or vlad and i'm doing really good with grag atm.. ugh indecisive lol

Quote Originally Posted by preposterous View Post
    I'm looking to get into ranked. I have enough to buy any champ i want, but i can't really pick which one. I'm pretty good mid and laning, but hate jungling. i thought about buying jayce because i liked him last week. but then again i want to play blitz or shyv and zyra or vlad and i'm doing really good with grag atm.. ugh indecisive lol
    Well, to start ranked, you need to have atleast 16 champions and you need to learn how to play them all. Besides this, you need to know all the 5 roles, if you can't perform one role, you might have to que dodge. 16 champions is the pool you need to start ranked, however if you ask any pro, they will ask you to have alteast 20 champions (which you need to keep on increasing) with 4 in each role and having counters to certain popular champions.

I would and tbh anyone would advice you not to start ranked with mastering just one single champion. Build a roster. Master that roster and then start ranked, if you just start without being experienced about the game and the champions you have, you will not only place yourself in a terrible situation but your entire team as well.

Besides this, I haven't played all of the champions you mentioned, but Gragas and Jayce are really good and fun. Gragas is pretty good in ranked, not so sure about Jayce atm cause he is fairly new. Shy is an excellent jungler. Vlad is good mid and top. Blitz makes people rage. Zyra is also new, but I'm sure she will be a very popular pick in ranked cause of the utility she brings and the crazy crazy damage along with amazing pushing power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culnar
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    Actually the backlash from pandas is because alot of the people didn't grow up.

Hello guys, im "new" playing LoL, i just hit 20 and like 20k ip, wanna buy one or two champs and runes. Which one do you say?

Thoughts on 'Ziggs' for a new player that just started playing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I need a strong tanky jungler ... (I am winning alot of games cause i'm good at jungling and tanking mid-late game) . Or maybe an assassin jungler that could be built into a tanky one . Already got Warwick, Lee Sin, Udyr, Shaco(assassin), Xin Zhao, Riven, Master Yi, Jax, Hecarim.
    Please help
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Emete View Post
    Hello guys, im "new" playing LoL, i just hit 20 and like 20k ip, wanna buy one or two champs and runes. Which one do you say?
    No one can tell you what champions to play. There is only one person who can decide that, and that's you. There is a pool of 102 champions and what you will like and be good as, is entirely upto you. What I would advice is try out the free champions. Buy the one you enjoy playing. Don't go for looks, they don't matter one bit. All that matters is that you enjoy playing that champion. You will get better with time. Play PvP. People will whine at you for not being good. Ignore them and keep on learning.

Besides this, you can try one of the recommended champions. They are cheap and easy to play. But you won't like them all, how I don't like Annie but love Ryze. So before you buy a champion, simply wait for them to go free and try them out for a decent amount of matches.
    Sometimes people act like blizzard is their friend who betrayed them and now they're pissed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emete View Post
    First of all you should ask yourself what role do you like to play most . Then check around the internet (or ask here) for the suitable runepage . Then if there are any ip left buy some champs

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorfury View Post
    Thoughts on 'Ziggs' for a new player that just started playing?
    Ziggs is fun, but he requires time to master. All of his spells are skill shots and you need to anticipate the enemies movement. You need to get used to all of his spells and their ranges. He is very squishy as well, so you have to play him very carefully. For a completely new player, I wouldn't recommend him. You can buy him, but don't make him your first buy. Buy a champion that has fewer skill shots (like one or two), learn how to place them properly, when are good with them, then buy Ziggs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maokai, amumu are real tank junglers.
    Dr Mundo builds very tanky while still doing good damage.
    Nocturne is an assasin wo can build tanky
    Poppy might also work.

Seeing what you already have i would go with either Maokai or amumu you got the rest pritty much covered up ( lee sin and shyvana can be offtanks )

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Reluctabt . probably gonna go fir Shyvana

Deleted
    Try Nautilius, he is great.

Shyvana isn´t really a tank jungler, she is more of an aggressive bruiser jungler who excells at counter jungling. You can either got down the path of CC/support junglers (amumu,nautilius, maokai etc) or the tanky bruiser junglers (shyvana,mundo,nocturne,udyr).

Whats the difference between a bruiser and a tank by the way? I never really got that...
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."