Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Why no beta invite yet?

    I thought everyone got an invite? I got no invite yet, wtf?

    Anyone know how many are in beta at the moment? 80% ?

  2. #2
    Lol no, not 80%, I wouldn't even think it's over 10%.

    And no, not everyone got an invite. Just be patient. Less than 2 months now until Early Access.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  3. #3
    Been waiting so long.. Really want to try beta Bought the CE

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 02:14 PM ----------

    You in beta Vizzle?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Eralnath View Post
    Been waiting so long.. Really want to try beta Bought the CE

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 02:14 PM ----------

    You in beta Vizzle?
    Nope But just think of it this way -- since you're not in beta, the game will feel very very new to you when you first play it. Beta can ruin the first time experience.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  5. #5
    Yeah true, but the reason I really want to try beta is so I can see if my computer can run it properly. You get me?

  6. #6
    Post your specs, that will be fairly easy to discern.

  7. #7
    Field Marshal Solfaur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    89
    If it can run WoW, it will have no problems with TOR. Anyway, I signed up for the beta the 1st day it became avalible ~2 years ago, and preorderd the CE the 2nd day it became avalible... no luck here either, so yea, "I feel you".

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Eralnath View Post
    Yeah true, but the reason I really want to try beta is so I can see if my computer can run it properly. You get me?
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/ there ya go sport. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    What do you call the sound the microwave does when it's done cooking? A ding. Granted, the sound you get when gaining a level is more like Brrrrrwwwwhing, but we call that a ding too.
    Of course I guess you could say: "Hey, chaps! I just gained an experience level"
    Whereas someone in your group would go "Congratulations!" To which you would reply: "I am laughing out loud", and you would have merry-good times, but the time gap between pulling packs in dungeons would increase radically.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Post your specs, that will be fairly easy to discern.
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz(4 CPUs) - 2.5GHz
    4096MB RAM
    NVidia Geforce GT220


    Can I run it?

  10. #10
    The Patient GallowsZA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Posts
    232
    You might have confused Beta with Early Access.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Solfaur View Post
    If it can run WoW, it will have no problems with TOR. Anyway, I signed up for the beta the 1st day it became avalible ~2 years ago, and preorderd the CE the 2nd day it became avalible... no luck here either, so yea, "I feel you".
    Aww, ye it feels so horrible

    ---------- Post added 2011-10-19 at 02:34 PM ----------

    My PC can run WoW fine, but can anyone confirm whether it can run Swtor or not, the specs are in the post above.

  12. #12
    I'm not a computer expert, but I have no doubt that you'll be able to play the game. The question is if you'll be able to play it on ultra, but most definitely at LEAST medium settings.
    My Cracked articles, writing blog, and Twitter.

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

    Want to chat with people who aren't idiots? Join our IRC.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm not a computer expert, but I have no doubt that you'll be able to play the game. The question is if you'll be able to play it on ultra, but most definitely at LEAST medium settings.
    Hehe thanks mate.

    Any computer experts here who can confirm?

  14. #14
    High Overlord Dalagrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    130
    <Snip> NDA
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-10-19 at 04:44 PM.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Eralnath View Post
    Hehe thanks mate.

    Any computer experts here who can confirm?
    You most definitely will not be able to run it on max/ultra.

    I'm actually building a new computer tonight (parts arrive tonight, wahoo!), but I ran beta with a Dual Core 2.66 GHz, 8800 GT 4GB Ram on low settings at 30fps. Medium settings would drop fps quite a bit on my system, particularly around other players (more than 5) in the open world.

    My 'guestimate' for you would be more or less medium graphic settings. But thats a guess, by no means official.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Eralnath View Post
    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8300 @ 2.50GHz(4 CPUs) - 2.5GHz
    4096MB RAM
    NVidia Geforce GT220


    Can I run it?
    Yes, you can run it. Probably medium settings, but it will still run and look fine.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixor View Post
    You most definitely will not be able to run it on max/ultra.

    I'm actually building a new computer tonight (parts arrive tonight, wahoo!), but I ran beta with a Dual Core 2.66 GHz, 8800 GT 4GB Ram on low settings at 30fps. Medium settings would drop fps quite a bit on my system, particularly around other players (more than 5) in the open world.

    My 'guestimate' for you would be more or less medium graphic settings. But thats a guess, by no means official.
    Phrixor,

    Thanks a lot for the answer. Do you think I'll be able to get a computer that can run it on ultra for 700-800 dollars?

  18. #18
    its more like 0,2% that are in atm.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Eralnath View Post
    Phrixor,

    Thanks a lot for the answer. Do you think I'll be able to get a computer that can run it on ultra for 700-800 dollars?
    That's easily achieveable these days. I'd suggest to build it yourself, it'll cost you less. There are many guides out there how to build a pc. Something like this will run nearly every game on ultra with aa:

    ASUS EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/1GD5 - AMD Radeon HD 6950 - GDDR5 1 GB Video Card - Asus $269.99*
    PRO550W Core Edition Full Wired 80+ Bronze Power Supply - XFX $57.99
    Samsung Desktop Class Spinpoint F3 1 TB SATA 3.0 Gb-s 16 MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare-OEM Drives, HD103SJ - Samsung $59.99
    Cooler Master Cooler Master Elite 430 Mid Tower ATX Case with Window (RC-430-KWN1) - Coolermaster $39.99
    SH-222AB Internal DVD-Writer - Bulk Pack - Samsung $19.99
    Kingston ValueRAM 4 GB Kit (2x2 GB Modules) 1333MHz PC3-1066 DDR3 DIMM Desktop Memory KVR1333D3N9K2/4G - Kingston Technology $29.03
    ASRock P67 Pro3 B3 Intel P67 ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard - ASRock $119.99
    Intel Core i5-2500K Processor 3.3GHz 6 MB Cache Socket LGA1155 - Intel $213.95

    Subtotal: $810.92

    *You can exchange the GPU for the GTX560TI(The TI is very important here) if you favour nvidia, or if it's too expensive you can pick the Hd6870

    Prices from amazon.com
    Last edited by Nev12; 2011-10-19 at 03:49 PM.

  20. #20
    ASUS EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/1GD5 - AMD Radeon HD 6950 - GDDR5 1 GB Video Card - Asus $269.99*
    You can get the ATI 6950 2GB models with faster core clocks for the same price as that now. So if you go with that get this one same price much better performance.

    http://stores.tomshardware.com/searc...deon+6950+2+GB

    And the 6950 is a beast card, some are still able to be flashed into the 6970.
    (█████████████████████ΞΞ██ΞΞΞ██ΞΞ█████████████████████)
    Ghost -- Jedi Consular -- Shadow -- Infiltration 8/31/2
    {Scheduled Raids | Organized PVP | Community Oriented | Helpful to one another | Team Speak provided | Website}
    Why wait Join today! still recruting!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •