Thread: Disc/DK

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Disc/DK

Hey all,

Me and a friend are going to try out 2v2s when I ding 85 on my Priest. We want to run with a Disc/DK setup and I'm looking for some feedback. Any special talents required? What comps will be hard for us to beat? What will be our strengths and weaknesses in general?

Thanks!

PS we play for fun, so we don't want to play a different setup because ours isn't viable for high ratings. We are serious about it though.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jlopez707 View Post
    I haven't personally played the comp so I can't quite give you any specific strategies but I can give some advice from what I've seen other Disc/DKs do and what they've failed to do.

Basically it all boils down to abusing your DKs ability to desecrate all of the map, for infinity. Desecrate, CoI, and Death Grip are your best friends. They can be used offensively and defensively. Position yourself in a way that you can get as many Mana Burns as possible on the opposing healer. When you're kiting melee, make sure to kite them around in the desecrate. Go into the open if need be for a Death Grip off you. Abuse maps such as BEM/Dalaran/RoV by luring the melee to a ledge and having your DK Death Grip them to the lower level for peeling or to force pressure. This will make the opposing healer have to be in a bad position to heal their DPS and possibly making them open for a Fear.

Remember to keep your DK as mobile as possible, spam dispel his snares, have smart grips and good fears. Your DK can train all healers to the ground except Holy Paladin. Those kills will probably come in Gnaw/Strang/Fears while you kill the DPS. Sadly I can't add many more specifics and only the obvious such as: Pillar well, play defensively when need be, DPS when need be, and get good Mana Burns off. That's about all I can help with, if you have any more questions just feel free to ask.
    This is very useful, thanks! What spec do you recommend for my friend? I don't need to know exact talents, just whether he should spec Frost or Unholy.

Deleted
    And remember to do grip fears ;-)