Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

So, new Talent System will make PvP more interesting?

I reeeally like the new system, you will be able to make some different/strange decisions depending on your playstyle/setup, which could eventually lead to more variance in comps (WLs have to choose between SF or mass fear, mages between cone of cold or ROF). I think there will be also cookie cutters, but it'll take longer til players will figure it out or you could have some real alternatives if they balance it right... and balancing could become a nightmare with a new class and 3[talent trees]*3^6[possibilities to distribute your talent points](?) new possible speccs.

Maybe there will be comps like Wl, Wl, Healer to cover all strong talents WLs can bring to your team, dunno...

Edit: Real hybrid speccs are possible again!

I think it will definitely make PvP more interesting. All of the cool utility talents are now available to any spec. However, I am currently mourning the loss of the nerfed-yet-still-badass Warbringer. I don't like the new version as much. Here's hoping they give Prot a passive that let's 'em keep it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gonna go Avatar on your asses and shit on some kids with my leet cripple.

Needless to say, Im looking forward to it.

Deleted
    always gonna be a best talent blizz r wasting there time

Quote Originally Posted by hermedes View Post
    always gonna be a best talent blizz r wasting there time
    Almost this. Most of those "3 talent tiers" will have 1 absolute choice for PvP. There must be more talent tiers or more talents in each tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    Almost this. Most of those "3 talent tiers" will have 1 absolute choice for PvP. There must be more talent tiers or more talents in each tier.
    I don't think so. Look at the DK options... all three choices usually have a theme (method of spreading diseases, method of recovering health, etc), but each one is equally viable. Do you take Death Pact or the ability that does damage to target in exchange for a smaller heal? Do you take Bone Shield for personal protection, or Anti-Magic Zone to be able to protect your entire team?

Yeah, there will be a best choice for a given situation, but that's not the point of the new system. The point of the new system is to make so there isn't a best choice for all situations.

Deleted
    doesnt matter what choice you have there will always be a best one for tht season

10+ Year Old Account
    doesnt matter what choice you have there will always be a best one for tht season
    Not really. If they play it right, there will be a best choice for a particular situation (2v2, 3v3, BGs, whatever), but there won't be a choice that's better than the other choices at everything.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Not really. If they play it right, there will be a best choice for a particular situation (2v2, 3v3, BGs, whatever), but there won't be a choice that's better than the other choices at everything.
    Exactly. Playstyle would matter a lot in deciding what the "best" talent is, as would your team mates. For a similar example, look at Starcraft 2 tournaments. Technically, one of the races should be the "best", but because of the way that they play differently and personal opinion, all three races are used successfully, there is not just one race where everyone picks it.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new talents seem far more interesting for PvP than they do for PvE at the moment.
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

Deleted
    the only place where u can match talents to a playstyle is at low rated pvp

Deleted
    It looks really interesting, sure there will be balance issues, but this helps solve PvE/PvP balance.

But lol rogue paralytic poison mace stun 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Gonna go Avatar on your asses and shit on some kids with my leet cripple.

Needless to say, Im looking forward to it.
    I gonna make a dk with random spec, slam my head on the keyboard and win...
    Kidding, OT: Cool random stuff, i look forward to test, but atm all those stuff seem to random

I am Warlock - Play Free Online Games
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYq9v...layer_embedded -Vimpe (Tot)ally Fails 2 - Trailer VIMPE!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rayoshi View Post
    The new talents seem far more interesting for PvP than they do for PvE at the moment.
    The expansion is definitely getting a PvP bent to it. The carebears had three expansions, we can have one.

Deleted
    Like he said this game was all about pve. Its quite time we had something new for pvp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPyramid View Post
    I reeeally like the new system, you will be able to make some different/strange decisions depending on your playstyle/setup, which could eventually lead to more variance in comps

Edit: Real hybrid speccs are possible again!
    100% how i think of it
    fully adjusting your spec to work nice in some strange combo
    damn it will be fun

if blizz squeezed in 1 or maybe 2 more talent 'levels'
    for even more char customizing thn it would be P E R F E C T

Deleted
    Take warriors for example, when you saw an arms warrior you knew what you were getting, when you saw a fury warrior, you knew you were winning ;p

But now you see a warrior you know there class and in general what you can expect, but that fury warrior could come in with throwdown and bladestorm, or you could be expecting bladestorm from the arms warrior when all of a sudden Deathwish + avatar OH SHIT DAMAGE, damage that will be much harder to get away from than bladestorm. Hell you could even have a fury warrior come in with shockwave and stun your whole team.

Or when the warrior charges is he going to snare you ? will he just have a much reduced cooldown on charge and be after you all the time ? or when you blink away from the first charge are you immediately going to get charged again ?
    Last edited by mmocc5d9fa5936; 2011-10-22 at 12:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Exactly. Playstyle would matter a lot in deciding what the "best" talent is, as would your team mates. For a similar example, look at Starcraft 2 tournaments. Technically, one of the races should be the "best", but because of the way that they play differently and personal opinion, all three races are used successfully, there is not just one race where everyone picks it.
    This is my take on it too. I've said it before on a couple others threads already but I'll whack on a TLDR version again: The new talent trees seem very dynamic, I personally think it'll be great to finally be able to have a real choice instead of using someone else's cookie cutter build. The first row of paladin talents is a prime example of that - you can choose between a fast-ish sprint on a 1 minute cooldown that also heals team mates around you, a slower sprint that can net you up to 50%~ up time if you judge on CD and a "constant" run speed bonus that increases every time you gain a charge of holy power - this sounds great, if you can ask me, people can choose according to what they play, what they face, what they feel they need more and on top of that the last talent actually brings quite some more depth into the HP mechanic rather than it being shock, CS, shock, 3 HP -» WoG instantly and start getting HP back then WoGing again 6 seconds later. You might actually save the HP for a while if you can to help with positioning, to help you freedom away from melee cleaves, LoSing certain incoming CC, etc.

I really like it, I'm honestly looking forward to MoP far as PvP goes.

the only place where u can match talents to a playstyle is at low rated pvp
    Disagree.

Hell yea. The new talent system seems like it's SPECIFICALLY designed for PvP.

Blizzard finally decided to give us a flexible toolkit rather than a larger but predefined toolkit.
    Actual talent system feels like you pick one of the three restaurants: all with the same menu, but can choose to have coke or sprite. The new system feels like one restaurant, but with an open bar with 21 varieties, of which you have to pick 7 (I am counting spec selection as one additional choice)

Also, some selections are damn hard and requires you to know your playstyle. Having to choose between Preparation, Shadowstep and Sprint+Hand of Freedom combo is one of those choices. Nobody can tell you which one is the best, cause they are all situational and depends on how you make the best use of it. You can't just go to EJ or google for the best PvP Spec anymore.

I am so psyched about these changes.

This new talent system benefits the PvP'ers more than anybody else. Give us that system you promised, give us more glyph options, and I can live without any new battleground or arena maps.

As for PvE'ers, they will ofc find a way to maximize their damage and stick with it. They are making their decisions only based one single parameter, so it's natural that they will end up with one single solution. And they will complain about not having choices

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    they are making BM Hunters OP I know that much