Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Website like MMO- champion for SWTOR

is there a website out here that is like mmo-champ for swtor, or is curse coming out with one of their website for it?

thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    DarthHater is now with curse. It remains to be seen if they do anything with it like you are thinking. Time will tell.

As of now, they are the best site for reporting news.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    If you like youtube channel coverage be sure to check us out as well (news / guides / commentaries etc)

http://www.youtube.com/user/swtorextreme

10+ Year Old Account
    Also if you're looking for a wowhead-type site for when the game launches, http://r2-db.com/ will probably be that site. NDA's still in effect so there's not much on it now, but once it lifts, it'll be chock full of good info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

If you're looking for a website with decent activity similar to mmo-champion, you won't find it on darthater.

I think for the most part, SWTOR forums tend to be less-than-ideal in terms of population and traffic simply due to the NDA still in place. A lot of people would rather converse in "NDA-free" forums for the sake of spoilers and being able to discuss freely anything about the game. There's obviously more information available on SWTOR beyond official press and what we have available now that certain 3rd-party sites are able to show previews, but so much is limited in what you can say here and other more public places.

http://sithwarrior.com for intelligent class and game mechanic forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    If you're looking for a website with decent activity similar to mmo-champion, you won't find it on darthater.
    I often don't agree with vizzle, but on this one I have to 100% agree. (its the avatar vizzle, it angers me... makes me want!)

Deleted
    With WoW winding down, am I the only one who believes that this site may very well become a solid source of WoW and ToR news if the latter game has a brilliant launch and holds interest for longer than a month?

Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    With WoW winding down, am I the only one who believes that this site may very well become a solid source of WoW and ToR news if the latter game has a brilliant launch and holds interest for longer than a month?
    WoW is not winding down. Blizzard realizes they lost core gamers and 75% of the population is casuals they are just now catering to the bigger market that plays the game. Far from winding down... Even if they lose 50% of the sub base there still way ahead of other mmos in subs

But back on topic I dont see mmo-champion ever supporting another game the way it does wow any time soon no matter how big star wars will be.
    Last edited by Domenik; 2011-10-22 at 04:42 PM.
    (█████████████████████ΞΞ██ΞΞΞ██ΞΞ█████████████████████)
    Ghost -- Jedi Consular -- Shadow -- Infiltration 8/31/2
    {Scheduled Raids | Organized PVP | Community Oriented | Helpful to one another | Team Speak provided | Website}
    Why wait Join today! still recruting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Domenik View Post
    WoW is not winding down. Blizzard realizes they lost core gamers and 75% of the population is casuals they are just now catering to the bigger market that plays the game. Far from winding down... Even if they lose 50% of the sub base there still way ahead of other mmos in subs

But back on topic I dont see mmo-champion ever supporting another game the way it does wow any time soon no matter how big star wars will be.
    The hefty amount of subscription losses and the increasingly poor reception to half-hearted content and features is more than enough reason to justify the game winding down. It's not going to die anytime soon, but at the same time the game just isn't as popular or well reputed as it once was. Simply put, the game has had a good run but is now a little too dated and out of touch with what fans of the game truly want to see.

Rather than addressing the problems that impact upon gameplay, they're focusing upon gimmicks and odd features that no one really asked for. I've not once seen someone make a suggestion for a pet battle system, whilst I've seen thousands of threads over the years for revamped animations and character models. That, if anything would be the perfect selling point of a new expansion - one that could very well win back some subscribers. In addition, Blizzard have backtracked far too many times for me to trust them anymore - I hate the idea of a dance studio, but if they promised it...where is it? I was looking forward to the Path of the Titans feature and...it was scrapped. I love naga lore, so I was eagerly anticipating the Abyssal Maw raid and...that too was scrapped.

Given the track record in recent years - a far cry from the Blizzard I once knew and loved - I'm betting at least one MoP feature will be scrapped or made much, much more simpler before launch. With all that in mind, it would not strike me as surprising if this site became a solid source for general MMO news.
    Last edited by mmocdce59f885c; 2011-10-22 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    DarthHater is now with curse. It remains to be seen if they do anything with it like you are thinking. Time will tell.

As of now, they are the best site for reporting news.
    Darthhater is indeed great for news. I also really like http://www.askajedi.com/ , though they sadly don't have a forum.

It's just the very dark theme of darthhater that I really dislike and is keeping me away from their forums. I think many people feel the same, be it concious or unconcious. Mmo-champion forum colours are just perfect for forum usage...

you can also try oldrepublic.net, it covers everything SWTOR with forums and all that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vexx View Post
    you can also try oldrepublic.net, it covers everything SWTOR with forums and all that.
    Yes, OldRepublic is really nice, took me some time to find it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Taldred View Post
    The hefty amount of subscription losses and the increasingly poor reception to half-hearted content and features is more than enough reason to justify the game winding down. It's not going to die anytime soon, but at the same time the game just isn't as popular or well reputed as it once was. Simply put, the game has had a good run but is now a little too dated and out of touch with what fans of the game truly want to see.

Rather than addressing the problems that impact upon gameplay, they're focusing upon gimmicks and odd features that no one really asked for. I've not once seen someone make a suggestion for a pet battle system, whilst I've seen thousands of threads over the years for revamped animations and character models. That, if anything would be the perfect selling point of a new expansion - one that could very well win back some subscribers. In addition, Blizzard have backtracked far too many times for me to trust them anymore - I hate the idea of a dance studio, but if they promised it...where is it? I was looking forward to the Path of the Titans feature and...it was scrapped. I love naga lore, so I was eagerly anticipating the Abyssal Maw raid and...that too was scrapped.

Given the track record in recent years - a far cry from the Blizzard I once knew and loved - I'm betting at least one MoP feature will be scrapped or made much, much more simpler before launch. With all that in mind, it would not strike me as surprising if this site became a solid source for general MMO news.
    Oh I fully agree with you I dislike blizzard but like I said everything you stated is about the serious gamers like yourself and me. Like I said over half of the population is Carebear casuals who play it like secondlife they love the gimmicks and collecting pets, achivments etc. its not winding down its still continuing its transition from a serious mmo to an online Facebook game which there is MILLIONS who are loving this move and they realize there is more people who love the gimmicks then the real raiding or MMO aspects. Sadly a once great game is lost
    (█████████████████████ΞΞ██ΞΞΞ██ΞΞ█████████████████████)
    Ghost -- Jedi Consular -- Shadow -- Infiltration 8/31/2
    {Scheduled Raids | Organized PVP | Community Oriented | Helpful to one another | Team Speak provided | Website}
    Why wait Join today! still recruting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SafariS View Post
    Yes, OldRepublic is really nice, took me some time to find it too.
    It's heavily amateurish and based on a terrible wordpress theme. Ill pass.

Would be very cool if there was an mmo-champion clone site strictly for SWTOR, but I would imagine Boub has enough with WoW on his hands as it is :P Hopefully someone will make a similar website, but for now this subforum is a good place to share information and post questions and discussions. I will stay here and do just that.

It's heavily amateurish and based on a terrible wordpress theme. Ill pass.
    you didn't even noticed the forum, did you now?
    Last edited by vexx; 2011-10-23 at 07:58 AM.