10+ Year Old Account

[PvP] Frostbrand Weapon?

Hey. I decided to re-up my WoW after six months to try out a shammy, and I'm playing as Enhancement. I'm curious about whether or not I'll be using Frostbrand, though. Lava Lash gets a 40% boost if the offhand is enchanted with Flametongue, and it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that the mainhand will have Windfury, so is there any place for Frostbrand? Lava Lash will still get a 10% boost from Frozen Power on affected targets, as well as most other abilities... and Frostbrand will give me an automatic snare so I can use shocks other than Frost.

Do Shammies use Flametongue or Frostbrand for PvP?

I use both weaponenchants in pvp (fire & frost) depending on the team i am with and the oposing one.

Majority of the time I use Flametongue, but situations where I have a hard time chasing or keeping a melee away from my back I switch on Frostbrand for control.

Frostband all the way. Mind you, I'll find myself switching mid fight if melee is on me and there is no running from Main Target

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GGashok View Post
    I use both weaponenchants in pvp (fire & frost) depending on the team i am with and the oposing one.
    What, you mean you use Frostbrand on main and Flametongue on off?

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    What, you mean you use Frostbrand on main and Flametongue on off?
    nope Wf mainhand is mandatory, on a sidenote there are macros at AJ to just switch the offhandenchant in combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GGashok View Post
    nope Wf mainhand is mandatory, on a sidenote there are macros at AJ to just switch the offhandenchant in combat.
    I'll have to grab some, then. I'll probably already have a macro to swap in a shield for when I have to carry the flag or something, so adding another macro into the mix shouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I'll have to grab some, then. I'll probably already have a macro to swap in a shield for when I have to carry the flag or something, so adding another macro into the mix shouldn't hurt.
    Just make 2 itemsets with the gearmanager, that works perfecly fine for me.

Elemental always uses Flametongue.

Enhancement does Windfury (MH SLOW) Flametongue (OH SLOW), but if you are having EPIC MAJOR LEGENDARY problems keeping your target in melee, you can try using a Frostbrand.

However your DPS will be greatly reduced and, honestly, just use the Frost Shock+Frozen Power; they should be enough if you use your other pvp oriented talents/spells.

Deleted
    I use Frostbrand MH, Flametongue OH and I have minimal problems outputting damage when it's needed:

This is a screenshot of an after game WSG scoreboard. I was with a guildie [inverno] and it was the same day I got my final piece of resilience gear (2nd ring) and ever since I began pvping as enh, I have enjoyed using Frostbrand MH, haven't even considered using Windfury. 2 bits of 384 armor, rest 371.