Poll: Fun / Fotm damage class

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Prediction : Top PvP classes for Pandaria

Hi everyone, just had a look at all the new talents
    I am very excited about:
    -warlock and hunter changes look awesome! both get insane self heals wich i love
    -resto druids will have alot of survival and utility and will be BACK
    -rogue is just rogue, not so kewl changes, but rogue is always fun, its a rogue thing
    -PANDA MONKS GIEF, i wanna get shtfaced high/drunk and go kunfuPanda peaple in rand bg
    -Warriors seem to get nice improvements too, i wanna see the avatar
    -Mage got some nice balance fixes and kewl new polies and combos, theyll be more balanced but still more fun

Not excited at all about:
    -Retribution pally i dunno but i think they made it worse and more boring
    -well other pally specs dont seem nice for pvp either, holydin is still lameAdin
    -shamans
    -boomkin

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought mages got the short end of the stick....

Rogue will be awful for the first 59 levels as it stands now. Not getting Shadowstep until 60 means Rogues will be kited all over the place for 59 levels. Nothing fun about that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that Rogues and Mages still look fun despite being more balanced. I think Mages could use a few talent revamps though.

They should probably just eliminate some of the worse off talents and make some cool stuff - make an arcane storm spell that randomly silences people with lightning strikes on a 5 min CD that you have to pick between that and Ring of Frost for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Rogue will be awful for the first 59 levels as it stands now. Not getting Shadowstep until 60 means Rogues will be kited all over the place for 59 levels. Nothing fun about that.
    That's the story of all Warriors who could not Charge in combat until level 50. At least they're fixing that now, but still.

Awful is an exceptionally harsh word. I think Rogues will be okay in low level PvP because they still have Sprint and can Stealth. If they are a little more balanced for it, I'm fine with that. Rogues were completely broken in low level PvP anyway because Shadowstep is by far the best movement talent until higher levels.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-10-22 at 08:52 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, from the talent's it looks like ret is getting the 2.0 version of it's Cata spec, with added lol. Only one talent at max level which is dps, everything else is defensive/heals, and all of 90 spells are damage, with a choice between more burst or current rng. I was expecting Blizzard to scrap holy power..
    Looks like the pala can stay at 85, my warrior can go to 90, AVATAR, or just Bladestorm tanking
    Also, lock talents look amazing, my have to roll one
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Prediction : PvP Fotm class

With the new (unfinished) talent system unveiled, which class / spec do you think will be interesting to play ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always thought affliction locks are the most intressting, haven't bothered with one since TBC tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Yup, from the talent's it looks like ret is getting the 2.0 version of it's Cata spec, with added lol. Only one talent at max level which is dps, everything else is defensive/heals, and all of 90 spells are damage, with a choice between more burst or current rng. I was expecting Blizzard to scrap holy power..
    Looks like the pala can stay at 85, my warrior can go to 90, AVATAR, or just Bladestorm tanking
    Also, lock talents look amazing, my have to roll one
    The point is to pick between different types of utility spells, not just to pick DPS all the way down the talent tree. Holy Power is fine.

The talents themselves are pretty damn lackluster for Paladins though, I agree.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Druids preview is sick. They have shitloads of new and OP stuff (they get rogue's vanish, shaman's aoe root, mass death grip, ....). But we barely know anything about Monks. Also ret paladins are the new feral druid with all those speed buffs (40% after judgement and 10% for each HP = power rangers for real man) and self dispel, it'll be almost impossible to pin them down.

I can see alot of customized builds instead of one single build that everyone uses. Good thing imo.

Still I can't say which class. I'm hoping for balanced classes =D (yea right)
    Last edited by Deleo; 2011-10-22 at 09:03 AM.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I agree that Rogues and Mages still look fun despite being more balanced. I think Mages could use a few talent revamps though.

They should probably just eliminate some of the worse off talents and make some cool stuff - make an arcane storm spell that randomly silences people with lightning strikes on a 5 min CD that you have to pick between that and Ring of Frost for example.

That's the story of all Warriors who could not Charge in combat until level 50. At least they're fixing that now, but still.

Awful is an exceptionally harsh word. I think Rogues will be okay in low level PvP because they still have Sprint and can Stealth. If they are a little more balanced for it, I'm fine with that. Rogues were completely broken in low level PvP anyway because Shadowstep is by far the best movement talent until higher levels.
    So think about that. They know warriors had the problem of mobility at lower levels, fix that, and give rogues the mobility problem. If they do not also revamp the kite/stun fest that WoW PvP currently is rogue will be dead until 60 and EVERY pvp rogue will take shadowstep at 60. There will be no other choice.

Deleted
    Not going to vote until I know more about the new abilities and the final tweaks to talents <3

Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    Not going to vote until I know more about the new abilities and the final tweaks to talents <3
    That's why i said "prediction" ^^

rogues never had problems in pvp, from vanilla and upward. because they won't have SH before lvl 60 doesn't mean they are screwed big time. they will just have to use brains now and not only farm HK's. imho, sprint, stealth, blind, dismantle... they are all great too that will still make rogues dangerous at under 60 levels, only thing is that without SH they won't be in god mode. people forget that rogues aren't warriors in leather. they have to use "cheap tricks" to kill their opponent. right now, even keyboard turning rogue can nuke almost everyone at lower levels.

Where is the monk option? That will far and away be the fotm for the beginning of this expansion. You can forget rogue on that poll unless people enjoy being kited for 59 levels.

Deleted
    Hunters with no cds (90 ability) on freezing traps .(joking)
    COME IF U DARE !
    But i agrree with Deleo , 10% for every holy power , cleanse and Seal of justice (-50% slow on enemys for 5 sec , when hit) , they are gonna be the best for the 3-5 first months
    Last edited by mmocbeb563a6f8; 2011-10-22 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vutar View Post
    Where is the monk option? That will far and away be the fotm for the beginning of this expansion. You can forget rogue on that poll unless people enjoy being kited for 59 levels.
    We aret talkin about end game PvP.
    The monk is not yet available to be put on the poll et there is no more room for it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblade945 View Post
    You forgot DKs
    i only mentioned the things that seemed rlly nice
    or rlly bad in my opinion

so dks, priests etc are just OK
    some kewl stuff but not that kewl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Licarius View Post
    I thought mages got the short end of the stick....
    well they will be more balanced, i like that becauz its time the mage QQers got a little sparkle of hope
    but im still going to enjoy my mage in pvp with some other nice talent combos !